Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Brown

Very cool idea, what jah all think?

Just watched an episode of 'Northern Exposure' that was cool. I'll make this quick as I want to chill tonight so here's the idea. We could send a package, like an old shoe box, from one person to another and each person puts in a small item that carries their energy, like a ring, bracelet, key fob, you get the idea. The the last person would take it with them on a trip and bury it somewhere cool like Tibet, the Kunlun Mountains or the Andes.

So what do you all think? Of course some may not be 'in' because of the postal cost but perhaps there's a way we can work around that. Just thought it would create a good community feeling knowing that we are all joined and connected by something real.

Just watched an episode of 'Northern Exposure' that was cool. I'll make this quick as I want to chill tonight so here's the idea. We could send a package, like an old shoe box, from one person to another and each person puts in a small item that carries their energy, like a ring, bracelet, key fob, you get the idea. The the last person would take it with them on a trip and bury it somewhere cool like Tibet, the Kunlun Mountains or the Andes.

So what do you all think? Of course some may not be 'in' because of the postal cost but perhaps there's a way we can work around that. Just thought it would create a good community feeling knowing that we are all joined and connected by something real.

Would be cool

Like to see something like that go down

would be fun.

Don't think folks would be so apt to share addresses over the web and all?

There should be some lind of virtual way to make it happen!

Have an ongoing post called "Box" or something?

Have folks put in things they love.

Could be quite a powerful little box I think.

Maybe have two boxes one for cherished "items"

The other for things we wouldn't mind so much to send on?

Like your idea Patrick.

Firstly you need to get a list of people up for it. Then one person has to organise the pass around so that it travels the shortest distance between people, saving postage costs. For example, passing through west to east coast US then through the UK, then Europe. Everyone gets a list of users and who they are passing to.

When it comes to pass on, simply PM the user for their address. That way the full addresses are never collected by a single person. The one organising the route only needs info of town and country.

I think a personal hand written and private message could be added to the box. If you seal it and put 'do not read' then thats fair or you can let others read it.

Put me down for it!

I like the idea of sending stuff to one another.

But more than a one time off, I think it would be cool to just send cards and stuff to each other when we feel like. Or just once a month we send a card to whoever we want to send it to, from the tao bums.

The problem with the address is a non problem, me thinks, since we can share the address on facebook. By now there is a facebook group, and there you actually know who is who.

I on the other side am reluctant of being part of a chain that collects everything, and then buries it somwhere. Sound too much like magik. And I don't see the point of it. If we want to feel close, let's just send stuff to each other.

I've participated in a few mail art trades. They were all organized on line and mailing addresses were exchanged by pm or email to protect privacy.

It is fun to experience real, tangible items shared by another person who prior to the exchange was simply an identity in cyber space. Put me down.

Great idea, I really liked that episode.

If it get rolling I'd like to see a journal and photo album in it. :)

Michael

Sign in to follow this