Sign in to follow this  
mwight

Would You Like To See A Sub-Forum Just For Qigong/Neigong/Cultivation Discussion?

Would You Like To See A Sub-Forum Just For Qigong/Neigong/Cultivation Discussion?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like To See A Sub-Forum Just For Qigong/Neigong/Cultivation Discussion?

• YES!!!
    • No :(

I am just curious as to what other people here think.

I personally would love to have a sub forum just for the discussion of all things qigong neigong and cultivation related.

First I wanted to vote yes, but then stopped.

The problem is that has to be enforced somehow because some people will post anywhere without thinking much. Is it realistic to moderate such a subforum effectively?

First I wanted to vote yes, but then stopped.

The problem is that has to be enforced somehow because some people will post anywhere without thinking much. Is it realistic to moderate such a subforum effectively?

I don't think it would require moderation. Just a category, so hopefully "most" posts are on topic.

The problem is not if you would like to have a subforum just for practice, but if it is possible.

You see the forum where you are writing in is already such forum.

In fact everything which is not about practice shoudl go in the out of topic forum.

But no one uses that because everybody is more interested in feedback from his friends that in feedback strictly on the topic. In a sense this community is so cool because of this. On the other side this community sucks because of this.

The solution would be to add tags, we have discussed it many times. I don't know why Sean after wanting to do it, have dropped it. Maybe he is just too busy right now.

The problem is not if you would like to have a subforum just for practice, but if it is possible.

You see the forum where you are writing in is already such forum.

In fact everything which is not about practice shoudl go in the out of topic forum.

But no one uses that because everybody is more interested in feedback from his friends that in feedback strictly on the topic. In a sense this community is so cool because of this. On the other side this community sucks because of this.

The solution would be to add tags, we have discussed it many times. I don't know why Sean after wanting to do it, have dropped it. Maybe he is just too busy right now.

Well there are tons of discussions about other systems like witchcraft and wicca and what not. I'm very specifically interested in qigong/neigong.

I voted no... having to shuffle around to different sections to see the new posts is a pain. It's easier to see if they are all in one spot.

Also, the thread starter gets more people to see their thread since everyone on the whole forum sill see it and not just people who would visit the section the thread was created in.

I think the taoist discussion is kind of like a general taoist chat. It makes it really hard for me personally to zone in on the topics that interest me, when I leave soon for my 5 year retreat I am not going to be able to wade through 30 pages of irrelevant posts to find a few about new information on qigong masters, schools and books etc.

No, I think those topics are central to the forum.

Could be we are starting to need a 'lame chat' sub section though.

But every lame chat eventually brings up taoist points, that are discussed there and then.

And every serious question seem always to degenerate into a lame chat.

Look at the last discussions, for a great example.

It is like you wanting to split a coin in two halves, each with one side only.

It doesn't work that way.

In the other groups where it is so, you have a very strong policing, and a very weak community.

There people speak only to speak about the topic.

But every lame chat eventually brings up taoist points, that are discussed there and then.

And every serious question seem always to degenerate into a lame chat.

Look at the last discussions, for a great example.

It is like you wanting to split a coin in two halves, each with one side only.

It doesn't work that way.

In the other groups where it is so, you have a very strong policing, and a very weak community.

There people speak only to speak about the topic.

Well I'm not saying it should be policed even, offtopic happens. I just wish I didn't have to wade through 5 pages of topics I find silly to find something about actual qigong or neigong practice.

Well I'm not saying it should be policed even, offtopic happens. I just wish I didn't have to wade through 5 pages of topics I find silly to find something about actual qigong or neigong practice.

same as it ever was.....same as it ever was.

I do think the solution is tags. That way there can still be the Taoist Discussion free for all, but topics tagged, ie: neigong, would ALSO show up in that subforum.

I'm just a tad too busy to implement this at the moment, but I'm hoping I can get to this around the holidays. I usually find space then to make cool new changes to the board.

Pietro, sorry I haven't returned your call. I just moved to a pretty remote area of Costa Rica and my internet is just a bit too slow where I'm at to do Skype. I'm sure you have a lot of valuable insights into how tagging might work here. If you want to write up your thoughts, or even just mindmap them and share them here I will definitely make time to check out how you see this working.

Sean

I do think the solution is tags. That way there can still be the Taoist Discussion free for all, but topics tagged, ie: neigong, would ALSO show up in that subforum.

I'm just a tad too busy to implement this at the moment, but I'm hoping I can get to this around the holidays. I usually find space then to make cool new changes to the board.

:D Thanks sean, have I ever mentioned your the shiznit?

I think the taoist discussion is kind of like a general taoist chat. It makes it really hard for me personally to zone in on the topics that interest me, when I leave soon for my 5 year retreat I am not going to be able to wade through 30 pages of irrelevant posts to find a few about new information on qigong masters, schools and books etc.

When are you leaving and where ya headed to?

:lol: shiznit !!!!

Why do we do this I wonder ... use normally negative conotating words to express that something or someone is great, beautiful, etc.

I remember when I was performing doing street magic I would often get the teenage crew saying, "Man you are SICK!" or "That's WICKED dude!" and even "Man that is PURE FILTH!"

:huh: *shrug*

:lol:

When are you leaving and where ya headed to?

The woods to a cabin to meditate all day everyday for 5 years, or so the plan goes, and I plan on leaving any time now. I am still saving for provisions,dried food, salt, oil, tea, cloths, multivitamins, fire starters, axes, guns, ammo, so far I've got about $4000 sunk into this and working more to make sure I have extra supplies. I may be able to come back once every month or two to check the bums.

Mostly I am waiting for a sign of economic collapse to begin my journey, when I get that que I am leaving ready or not.

Edited by mwight

I voted no after reading this post from another thread by Masterforge:

"I put forward a suggestion of making many sub forums but I am glad this didn't happen so we have to congregate together [f]or good or worse."

Checking out threads I think don't interest me often leads to pleasant surprises...

If there were more subforums, I'd probably hang out in those that I'm drawn to and miss out on good stuff.

Tags seem like a good alternative.

Sign in to follow this