Apech

Seven cervical (neck) vertebrae

Hi,

The 7 cervical neck vertebrae are connected to the realignment of the Atlas ... a key part of Egyptian initiations to open the Alta Major chakra at the back and base of the skull. To have this properly realigned is to correct the imbalances there which almost everyone has ... check www.atlasprofilax.com, and www. atlasevolution.com

I have had this treatment and it is amazing! Its a one off adjustment that realigns organs, muscles, bones, spine, and accelerates growth and consciousness, opening one upto more incoming prana through the Alta Major. In my experience , it realigns Khat and Aufu, and allows more SEKHEM to enter the bodybrain connexion.

I Am also curious about the Egyptian take on the Sahu and Shew or Khaibit ... any takers anyone? Info would eb appreciated ...

Thanks!

Thanks for the links Amer - indeed it does look good - especially http://www.atlasevolution.com/.

Can you tell us more about the treatment and what happened. I would be very interested.

I have been looking at the neck vertebrae for some time and methods to release chi (or sekhem) into the head. This is because the Egyptian system places great emphasis on connecting the head to the body.

I have put a short bit about the Shew (Shade) in the articles section of here.

Look in the book club area. A bunch of us read it and posted on it. I think the book is well worth having, but keep in mind she is giving you the macrocosmic view of taoism, not a curriculum or system. Some chapters I found more appealing than others like the chapter on internal alchemy, but this may be a matter of taste.

Brgds!

Ah thanks found this now! :)

Nice thread!!!

I just came home from a treatment where my atlas was corrected. It was some kind of Cranial Sacral Therapy called Rosenberger or something. And it feels gooooood! The whole body is light, flexible and free.

Ive also just begun to go to a chiropractor and I asked him about the atlas method(my brother in law has done it). He said it was just a simple chiropractic techniques that every chiropractor does but that someone has taken out of context and created his own method. Just like lockfoot, he said. And Kinesology. All come from chiropractics.

But anyways...on monday Im going to get an x-ray of my whole spine from hip to cranium! Its been a dream for many many years to x-ray my spine!

Nice thread!!!

I just came home from a treatment where my atlas was corrected. It was some kind of Cranial Sacral Therapy called Rosenberger or something. And it feels gooooood! The whole body is light, flexible and free.

Ive also just begun to go to a chiropractor and I asked him about the atlas method(my brother in law has done it). He said it was just a simple chiropractic techniques that every chiropractor does but that someone has taken out of context and created his own method. Just like lockfoot, he said. And Kinesology. All come from chiropractics.

But anyways...on monday Im going to get an x-ray of my whole spine from hip to cranium! Its been a dream for many many years to x-ray my spine!

Sounds like it would be good to speak to a chiropractor. Do you think they all would do this Atlas thing?

Why do you want to X-ray your spine?

Apepch 7, i appreciate your wisdom on the Egyptian alchemies .. and would love to trade more insights with you as i am going / have gone into them a fair bit myself ..

No wisdom I'm afraid just some knowledge from lots of reading and plenty of meditation!

Sounds like it would be good to speak to a chiropractor. Do you think they all would do this Atlas thing?

No wisdom I'm afraid just some knowledge from lots of reading and plenty of meditation!

Well thats the greatest wisdom .. meditation and research .. in India they call that smriti and sruti .. your own experience and the experience of those who have come before you .. the teachers ... so what you are saying is

wisdom!

The Atlas adjustment is unique .. no other chiropractors do it as it involves a machine to readjust the muscles to allow the Atlas to slip into its right position .. the pressure required cannot be done by human hands ... once you see it you will understand ...

AK

I just want to see it, the vertebras and how they fit together. Now Im even going to get a chirpractor to interpret everything. I can hardly wait.

Have you considered the health risks in x-raying the spine? Radiation is cumulative, and best to reserve it for when it's absolutely necessary. A good chiropractor or osteopath should be able to "see" what's going on by manipulation, without x-rays. X-rays are used for insurance coverage, but I have known many chiropractors and personal friends who are chiropractors who say that they usually don't need x-rays.

-Karen

I just want to see it, the vertebras and how they fit together. Now Im even going to get a chirpractor to interpret everything. I can hardly wait.

The 7 vertebrae are also connected to Sheshnag in Hinduism .. the 7 headed serpent that is the bearer of the first creation with the God Vishnu reclining on it, startign to see the universe into manifest creation

In deep meditation, this Sheshnag serpent flares over the head, so one is sitting underneath its seven heads .. so one can say this is connected to the 7 vertebrae, and almost like the 7 headed serpent is an extension of the 7 vertebrae ..

What were the 7 spirits of Anubis? I would be interested in correlating this with the 7 serfent heads of Sheshnag, which are connected to Ursa Major/ Pleaides, which was the home of the 7 Rishis or founders of Vedanta, the Creator Beings ..

:)

Have you considered the health risks in x-raying the spine? Radiation is cumulative, and best to reserve it for when it's absolutely necessary. A good chiropractor or osteopath should be able to "see" what's going on by manipulation, without x-rays. X-rays are used for insurance coverage, but I have known many chiropractors and personal friends who are chiropractors who say that they usually don't need x-rays.

-Karen

no xrays!

-Karen

I knew this would come. Yes, if you do a lot of x-ray you will get cancer. But once or twice in a life has no risc what so ever. And especially not if the individual has a strong health allready.

At least I dont feel a need to be afraid. I do things that are much worse than one x-ray, like eating burgers and candy and talking in a mobilephone ;)

But Karen, is there no way to remove the radiation? I understand there are many products that help the body heal from radiation damage. So, one more reson to not be afraid of x-ray.

Edited by sheng zhen

I knew this would come. Yes, if you do a lot of x-ray you will get cancer. But once or twice in a life has no risc what so ever. And especially not if the individual has a strong health allready.

At least I dont feel a need to be afraid. I do things that are much worse than one x-ray, like eating burgers and candy and talking in a mobilephone ;)

But Karen, is there no way to remove the radiation? I understand there are many products that help the body heal from radiation damage. So, one more reson to not be afraid of x-ray.

I had an x-ray of my lower back when I was suffering from sciatica. It showed that I have a fused vertebra (5th lumbar I think) which results in a lack of flexibility in my lower back. I went to an osteopath who nearly killed me with vigorous crunching techniques :angry: ! I thought the x-ray was the most useful thing.

The 7 vertebrae are also connected to Sheshnag in Hinduism .. the 7 headed serpent that is the bearer of the first creation with the God Vishnu reclining on it, startign to see the universe into manifest creation

In deep meditation, this Sheshnag serpent flares over the head, so one is sitting underneath its seven heads .. so one can say this is connected to the 7 vertebrae, and almost like the 7 headed serpent is an extension of the 7 vertebrae ..

What were the 7 spirits of Anubis? I would be interested in correlating this with the 7 serfent heads of Sheshnag, which are connected to Ursa Major/ Pleaides, which was the home of the 7 Rishis or founders of Vedanta, the Creator Beings ..

:)

no xrays!

The seven spirits which are summoned by Anubis are connected with the seven oils used in mummification and the seven stars of Ursa Major. I see a relation to the seven chakras. From what you tell me here the Sheshnag serpent seems very similar to Neheb-kau the 'uniter of kas'.

There are two sets of names for the seven spirits and they are:

• Imsety
  • Hapy
  • Duamutef
  • Quebehsenuef
  • He who sees his father
  • He who is under his moringa tree
  • Horus the eyeless

The second version of their names is:

• Nedjehdjeh
  • Akedked
  • Bull whose flame was set for him who is in his hour
  • He who entered in to him who is in his hour
  • Red eyed who is in the Mansion of Red Linen
  • Radient one who comes out after having turned back
  • He who sees in the night what he shall bring by day

I realise these are largely incomprehensible but I can supply some detail if you wish.

Edited by apepch7

I had an x-ray of my lower back when I was suffering from sciatica. It showed that I have a fused vertebra (5th lumbar I think) which results in a lack of flexibility in my lower back. I went to an osteopath who nearly killed me with vigorous crunching techniques :angry: ! I thought the x-ray was the most useful thing.

Hahaha, better have an x-ray than go to an osteopath!!

The chiropractor I go to is going to do something called Network Integration(I think), which is a lot less crunching than the normal chiropractic techinques. He did a littlebit of it when I was there last time. He held his fingers(swordfingers!)in the base of the neck and I could feel heat and adjustments in the area. My guess is that it is some kind of qi-mainpuliation. Im going to ask him next time. Though I dont believe a chiropractor would explain it as qi ;)

Found this info on seven neck verts.

Cervical Vertebrae and Supporting Structures

The cervical bones - the vertebrae - are smaller in size when compared to other spinal vertebrae. The purpose of the cervical spine is to contain and protect the spinal cord, support the skull, and enable diverse head movement (e.g., rotate side to side, bend forward and backward).

A complex system of ligaments, tendons, and muscles help to support and stabilize the cervical spine. Ligaments work to prevent excessive movement that could result in serious injury. Muscles also help to provide spinal balance and stability, and enable movement. Muscles contract and relax in response to nerve impulses originating in the brain. Some muscles work in pairs or as antagonists. This means when a muscle contracts, the opposing muscle relaxes. There are different types of muscle: forward flexors, lateral flexors, rotators, and extensors.

Spinal Cord and Cervical Nerve Roots

Nerve impulses travel to and from the brain through the spinal cord to a specific location by way of the peripheral nervous system (PNS). The PNS is the complex system of nerves that branch off from the spinal nerve roots. These nerves travel outside of the spinal canal or spinal cord into the organs, arms, legs, fingers - throughout the entire body.

Injury or mild trauma to the cervical spine can cause a serious or life-threatening medical emergency (e.g. spinal cord injury or SCI, fracture). Pain, numbness, weakness, and tingling are symptoms that may develop when one or more spinal nerves are injured, irritated, or stretched. The cervical nerves control many bodily functions and sensory activities.

C1: Head and neck

C2: Head and neck

C3: Diaphragm

C4: Upper body muscles (e.g. Deltoids, Biceps)

C5: Wrist extensors

C6: Wrist extensors

C7: Triceps

C8: Hands

Thought it is interesting that the nerves which go out from them (from spinal cord) govern all the upper body functions from diaphragm upwards. This links their function to breathing (diaphragmatic). I notice when I do focus on the neck in meditation breathing improves and as does flow down arms to hands.

When you're young, it seems like you're doing the x-rays once or twice. But what happens as you get older? I had a lot of dental x-rays when I was younger, and at one point was convinced by a chiropractor to do xrays of my lower spine, which I now know weren't necessary.

Then about 20 years later I was in critical condition where I had to have chest x-rays every singe day for weeks in the hospital, and that was really necessary. The point is that in less than critical situations, a highly skilled practitioner doesn't need to see x-rays for the most part, and you can reduce your lifetime radiation load considerably.

Not a matter of being afraid, but of being cautious. Like you're not going around afraid of accidents, but you try to avoid them without fear. And since we're exposed to so much radiation from other sources, doesn't it make all the more sense to limit your exposure?

A good cranial osteopath is the way to go. Most D.O's don't have that training. And of the ones that do, some are better than others. You want to go to someone who uses manipulation (OMT) as their primary treatment modality.

No, it's not as simple as that. It's like you could get hit by a car and then do a lot of good things to help you heal the damage. But the trauma itself becomes an energetic entity that doesn't go away easily. Same with radiation, even though you don't experiece it as a trauma, but the body registers it as a trauma.

And yes, there is a way to remove trauma on the energetic level, but that requires treatment by a medical Heilkunst practitioner.

I went to an osteopath who nearly killed me with vigorous crunching techniques :angry: ! I thought the x-ray was the most useful thing.

A good cranial osteopath doesn't work that way at all. The term "osteopath" is a generalization that doesn't say very much about how they practice. Just like MD's - there's such a wide variety of practices. But "the cranial field" is a sub-specialty in osteopathy, and when someone is well trained in this (also called Sutherland technique), and their practice is dedicated to only osteopathic manipulation, they're worlds apart from the standard osteopaths. None of the high velocity ("crunching") stuff.

If you went to a good cranial osteopath, their explanation could be more useful than any xray. They're looking at and feeling movement, flow, function - the xray is only a snapshot, no movement, no function. And it's not even a snapshot like a photograph that shows exactly what's there. The radiologist has to interpret what the images mean, and there's a lot of room for error.

-Karen

Edited by karen

Hi Karen,

I realise it depends on the practitioner. I switched to gentle theraputic massage and physio which helped a lot. I suppose its pretty obvious that you should minimise the ionizing radiation as much as possible. I had to accompany my friend who had a MRI brain scan and that was quite terrifyingly noisy!

I would like someone to look at my neck - you mentioned a particular type - do you know how I could find someone who does it??? In the UK?

Cheers.

Yeah, the noise can be traumatic in itself!

Unfortunately, I don't know of people in the UK. Maybe others here do. You could look around for osteopaths in your area and ask them if they specifically do cranial osteopathy, and if they do manipulation as their main modality. (Cranial osteopathy encompasses the whole body, doesn't just work on the head).

Best,

Karen

If anyone else is interested, in the Long Island area or Asheville, North Carolina area, that's where the cranial osteopaths are who I've had a lot of personal experience with and would highly recommend.

Edited by karen

ryggrad1-1.jpg

Allright, this is me stripped to the bone... you can even see my poop :huh:

My hip is totally screwd and I have a lot of screwness up the spine to compensate. My neck is almost curving the wrong way goddammit!

Im probably close to living the rest of my life in cronic illness and cancer all over the body from this x-ray, but lucky for me, my poop(and the rest of the body) has been filled with chlorella and natural melatonine(from tart cherry) for years to absorb and heal the radiation damage.

As for my general health and wellbeing I guess the outcome of a corrected spine outweighs this radiationdamage a thousandfolds anyways! And my curiosity was satisfied. That is worth more than anything!

Another interesting thing is that my chirpractor does something called Network. I had a 30min session today and he just touched a few placed on my spine, very slightly, and that was it. And I left with a wonderful feeling of release all through the spine. It might look a little like CranioSacral treatment only it was even more subtle. But he said it was not about qi-projection. Just activating areas that was allready at peace and balanced to help the nervous system and the brain correct the rest of the body accordingly. A very nice treatment!

ryggrad1-1.jpg

Allright, this is me stripped to the bone... you can even see my poop :huh:

My hip is totally screwd and I have a lot of screwness up the spine to compensate. My neck is almost curving the wrong way goddammit!

On the positive side you appear to be smiling! :)

that is fun... you have a nice smile :lol: .

My mom grew up when shoe stores would take xrays to see if your shoe fit and you could stand there wiggling your toes! Her dad was even a doctor, so she had access to live cam full body xray machines where you'd get filmed dancing around. She and her brother had lots of fun dancing for each other! The good old days! :lol:

Right! I think they are one and the same .. see Robert Coxs book CREATING THE SOUL IMMORTAL for those links ...

i know the first list for the mummifying, but the second seems more intriguing somehow intuitively ..

any detail would be great thanks ... :)

Right! I think they are one and the same .. see Robert Coxs book CREATING THE SOUL IMMORTAL for those links ...

i know the first list for the mummifying, but the second seems more intriguing somehow intuitively ..

any detail would be great thanks ... :)

Thanks that book looks interesting - I think I shall buy. :)

I want to know about the 7 cervical vertebrae. In the Egyptian system the serpent Neheb-kau swallows seven cobras which give magical power. This serpent is related to the neck - hence seven (because of the neck bones) and so on. Also there are the seven celestial cows which represent 'heavens' or levels of perception. As consciousness or energy rises up the neck these seven perceptual levels are opened up. This energy is characterised by a bull called the bull of heaven. Each of the cows has a name which are given in Ch. 148 of the Book of the Dead if you want to look it up. For instance "Much beloved red of hair".

What I am not sure of is the exact nature of these levels of perception but is possible, indeed probably that in the Chinese system there is something similar. That is energy centres/meridians and nodes in the neck which link to visual cortex???

Anyone with knowledge of this or can provide links???

Thnx.

This area is often very block from all the lying we do and the kundalini(serpent) or jing(dragon) turning into shen(phoenix) can not get through, after awhile you get a hunch back, also important is the jade pillow or cerebellum. I use the micro cosmic orbit as well as other practices to clear this area. It is a very powerful focal point, and smiling from this center to some one us wish to harmonize with is very powerful. It can also be missed used thus this point is often missing in western alchemical tree of life. But the point I believe is call Da'at.