Apech

Seven cervical (neck) vertebrae

I want to know about the 7 cervical vertebrae. In the Egyptian system the serpent Neheb-kau swallows seven cobras which give magical power. This serpent is related to the neck - hence seven (because of the neck bones) and so on. Also there are the seven celestial cows which represent 'heavens' or levels of perception. As consciousness or energy rises up the neck these seven perceptual levels are opened up. This energy is characterised by a bull called the bull of heaven. Each of the cows has a name which are given in Ch. 148 of the Book of the Dead if you want to look it up. For instance "Much beloved red of hair".

What I am not sure of is the exact nature of these levels of perception but is possible, indeed probably that in the Chinese system there is something similar. That is energy centres/meridians and nodes in the neck which link to visual cortex???

Anyone with knowledge of this or can provide links???

Thnx.

Edited by apepch7

I believe that when you straighten the cervical vertebrae while doing yoga it allows prana to flow free to the brain opening the connection between the head and the heart

I believe that when you straighten the cervical vertebrae while doing yoga it allows prana to flow free to the brain opening the connection between the head and the heart

In Daoism they are generally connected to the seven stars of Ursa Major.

There are practices to enbody the stars and, in the various lineages, they can be transposed to various parts of the body - the seven vertebrae are often considered.

YM

In Daoism they are generally connected to the seven stars of Ursa Major.

There are practices to enbody the stars and, in the various lineages, they can be transposed to various parts of the body - the seven vertebrae are often considered.

YM

Aha! that's extraordinary because the seven spirits summoned by Anubis are the seven imperishible souls, which are the seven stars of Ursa Major.

Do you have any more information or know where I can get hold of this???

Thanks.

Funny! Two days ago I had a dream where the seven vertebras where explained to me as representing the 5 senses and two more functions(that I ofcourse dont remember). Nothing real esotheric, sorry, but still a relevant dream :)

Funny! Two days ago I had a dream where the seven vertebras where explained to me as representing the 5 senses and two more functions(that I ofcourse dont remember). Nothing real esotheric, sorry, but still a relevant dream :)

Interesting dream.

The connection is done in certain schools with the five (major) planets + sun and moon and in this case there is a direct link with your dream.

Good !

:)

YM

Do you have any more information or know where I can get hold of this???

Sorry but this is not the system we use so I am not able to give precise details.

I have heard various teachers explaining this among the "other" systems of embodying the stars and I am quite sure I also read about it, but at present cannot recall where.

YM

Interesting dream.

The connection is done in certain schools with the five (major) planets + sun and moon and in this case there is a direct link with your dream.

aha! Cool! Thanks! :)

So the sun and moon would then be the top two vertebras(atlas and axis), right? Do you know which order the other planets would be in, in relation to the vertebras?

aha! Cool! Thanks! :)

So the sun and moon would then be the top two vertebras(atlas and axis), right? Do you know which order the other planets would be in, in relation to the vertebras?

I read in this book:

http://tinyurl.com/5rqksp

that some traditions of Taoism do celestial projection to 'walk' the constellations. This is to do with the release of the light body.

Does anyone know if this book is worth buying - I read part of it in the book shop but didn't want to buy it unless it was any good.

I was impressed by your dream by the way.

I am not sure, I'll have to ask next time I have the chance, but I would guess that sun and moon are the higher and lower vertebrae

untitled2.jpg

YM

Why are stars equated with the different vertebrae? Like...what's the purpose of doing that?

An honest question.

Why are stars equated with the different vertebrae? Like...what's the purpose of doing that?

Scotty,

the Daoist view of 'things' is that they all are the condensation of various kinds of energy (qi): same kind of energy creates different 'things' that remain, however, somehow connected.

So our microcosm is connected with various things in the macrocosm, things that resonate with each other.

During (daoist) practice we have to get to the real substance of things, back to the beginning of things, and this is where the "purpouse of doing that" stands.

Best

YM

Thanks, that makes sense. One more question: do you know how they found that these stars and vertebrae were connected?

Thanks, that makes sense. One more question: do you know how they found that these stars and vertebrae were connected?

I don't know of course about the specific subject but historically speaking this kind of knowledge is transmitted in mainly three-four ways:

- by Dao itself --- that's mostly the case of the early proto-daoist mystics

- by Revelation --- most of the early Daoist schools belong to this kind of transmission

- by a Master --- who received them from a line of transmission usually coming from the first two cases

+

- by experience --- this is of course already present in the first three cases but can be, in a few cases, the main vehicle of discovery

There is not a *unique Way*, every school will have their systems and some can be contradictory. They make sense however in the complete system as it is transmitted and practiced.

The five stars, for example, appear in the body at various locations. I have learned systems that have them envisionned in contradictory places, but I know by experience that they all *work* IF the complete system is learned from somebody who knows it.

Reality is subjective, I guess, and this is partially so also for higher realities

YM

Found this quote on the net:

In these few years, from my own practice, I really can feel my connection to the moon, the sun and the five dipper clusters which include the Big Dipper and their internal connections to the human body. For example the big dipper is affiliated with Water of the space five elements, in human body, the kidney and the bladder are affiliated with water. When one practices with the big dipper, the five element qi resonate, the internal qi move in the Kidney and Bladder Channels. I also got hold of a book called "Da Qian Tu Shuo". It introduces the connections between the the stars and the daoist practice, including the Zi Wei Stars system, the Five Dippers, the 28 stars clusters, the Northern Stars and the Southern Stars system.

from here:

working with stars

Edited by apepch7

I shot about an hour of video with the creator of Wudang ultimate 7 star qigong yesterday (who happens to live in a cave).

If somebody pms me so I don't forget I'll put it up on youtube.

I don't practice this stuff but will show it if you want to see it.

I spent all day yesterdya and today filming with my own main teacher and we got his complete neigong teachings to video (he's 84 and way awesome).

Like 4 hours of video, plus his book, plus some other visual stuff. The entire neigong set takes a minum of about 2 hours to do, or more.

He taught me the xin yu (heart/mind language) yesterday and I had the most balls out experience I've ever had in years of training.

I have his permission to make the entire system available, but am not sure if I will or not yet. Maybe I'll just show the movements and not the entire theory or some parts because I don't think a lot of people will even understand it or accept some of the basic premises involved, but at least if you do the movements it's great for your health.

I need some time to digest the experience that happened to me yesterday but will try and post about it later when I can verbalize it more clearly and I'm more "back to normal".

Oh I wanted to add to Mr. YM's thing about mutually exlusive things being true -

Part of that I would guess is just that different levels have different laws and things that are true at one "level" of reality are exactly the opposite in another level.

I shot about an hour of video with the creator of Wudang ultimate 7 star qigong yesterday (who happens to live in a cave).

He taught me the xin yu (heart/mind language) yesterday and I had the most balls out experience I've ever had in years of training.

sounds interesting for me...

please let me know the url at youtube - (also if there are answers to the serious questions...)

Edited by Riyue

Please don't forget :)

I don't practice this stuff but will show it if you want to see it.

I spent all day yesterdya and today filming with my own main teacher and we got his complete neigong teachings to video (he's 84 and way awesome).

Like 4 hours of video, plus his book, plus some other visual stuff. The entire neigong set takes a minum of about 2 hours to do, or more.

I have his permission to make the entire system available, but am not sure if I will or not yet. Maybe I'll just show the movements and not the entire theory or some parts because I don't think a lot of people will even understand it or accept some of the basic premises involved, but at least if you do the movements it's great for your health.

I need some time to digest the experience that happened to me yesterday but will try and post about it later when I can verbalize it more clearly and I'm more "back to normal".

Oh I wanted to add to Mr. YM's thing about mutually exlusive things being true -

Part of that I would guess is just that different levels have different laws and things that are true at one "level" of reality are exactly the opposite in another level.

-

Wundanquan.

quote;

"He taught me the xin yu (heart/mind language) yesterday and I had the most balls out experience I've ever had in years of training."

Could you tell us more about this, it sounds very interesting. I would love to see your video if you decide to share on youtube.

rain

I posted this in another thread but wanted to mention here that the videos are up at http://www.taoisttraining.com . . .

The guy is not the one I learn from, but just like I said I knew there was a discussion about 7 star something something so I thought I'd ask about showing some of it to y'all.

It's also not their complete system.

The old man (the father that stays in the cave) is heavily into magic/sorcery and so on . . .

As I told someone in a private message, I don't have authority to make much in the way of statements on this material because I am not the close student of this guy, but just can show what I have shown.

J

Just to add to this thread on the neck and so on. The attached image is of the serpent Neheb-kau feeding the person and restoring his (sexual) energy. This serpent was benign being associated with the flood of the Nile and was said to cure snake bites. His power was derived from his swallowing seven cobras which are related to the neck and probably stood for the cervical nerves which govern the upper body. This image was also shown on what is known as the hypocephalus a circular text placed behind the head of certain mummies. This was all about the Eye of Horus appearing as a flame which burn out impurities.

There is an obvious correlation to Kundalini and so on and the use of energy. I would still like to know if anyone knows of a relationship between the neck and the seven stars/ or even the seven chakras etc.

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

Hi,

The 7 cervical neck vertebrae are connected to the realignment of the Atlas ... a key part of Egyptian initiations to open the Alta Major chakra at the back and base of the skull. To have this properly realigned is to correct the imbalances there which almost everyone has ... check www.atlasprofilax.com, and www. atlasevolution.com

I have had this treatment and it is amazing! Its a one off adjustment that realigns organs, muscles, bones, spine, and accelerates growth and consciousness, opening one upto more incoming prana through the Alta Major. In my experience , it realigns Khat and Aufu, and allows more SEKHEM to enter the bodybrain connexion.

I Am also curious about the Egyptian take on the Sahu and Shew or Khaibit ... any takers anyone? Info would eb appreciated ...

Thanks!

I read in this book:

http://tinyurl.com/5rqksp

that some traditions of Taoism do celestial projection to 'walk' the constellations. This is to do with the release of the light body.

Does anyone know if this book is worth buying - I read part of it in the book shop but didn't want to buy it unless it was any good.

I was impressed by your dream by the way.

Look in the book club area. A bunch of us read it and posted on it. I think the book is well worth having, but keep in mind she is giving you the macrocosmic view of taoism, not a curriculum or system. Some chapters I found more appealing than others like the chapter on internal alchemy, but this may be a matter of taste.

Brgds!