Seth Ananda

Personal Experiences with Wang Liping

A Lot of people have been mentioning Wang Liping and he sounds Like a pretty cool, Powerful dude.

If people are willing I would love to hear about any Personal experiences people or students have had with him.

Please keep this thread to First Hand story's (as much as possible :lol: (Tao bums is nothing without some good rambling conversation)) and I would love to hear comparisons to other great teachers you may have met.

There seems to be a kind of consensus here that Mr Liping is a cut above the rest, and so I (respectfully) would like to know why.

From people who have studied under him or met him.

Thanks,

Seth Ananda :)

Edited by Seth Ananda

A Lot of people have been mentioning Wang Liping and he sounds Like a pretty cool, Powerful dude.

If people are willing I would love to hear about any Personal experiences people or students have had with him.

Please keep this thread to First Hand story's (as much as possible :lol: (Tao bums is nothing without some good rambling conversation)) and I would love to hear comparisons to other great teachers you may have met.

There seems to be a kind of consensus here that Mr Liping is a cut above the rest, and so I (respectfully) would like to know why.

From people who have studied under him or met him.

Thanks,

Seth Ananda :)

Read this: http://www.amazon.com/Opening-Dragon-Gate-...9880&sr=8-1 and you will see why many consider Sifu Liping above the rest. Terrific book. Apart from that, I will be surprised if more than 1 or 2 tao bums here have had any personal experiences with Wang Liping, due to his celebrity like status in China.

Not that I can read the whole article you linked to. But I think in it Wang Li Ping is spelled like this: 王立平.

Shouldn't it be 王力平? Or are there different ways to write or just a misspelling in the article?

In China, only one Taoist master named Wang Liping 王力平, no other Taoist master Wang Liping 王立平. It just a misspelling in the article.

Are there any close students of Wang Liping on this forum?

I don't mean seminar attendees, but people who are really close to him, and/or have been for the past ten years?

I and not in a spot to get over to Jilin or Changchun at the moment, but I'm curious about the guy . . .

However I have these lingering worries about a couple things from '99-nowish, how his name has been used in public, and what it's been used for, who (JZ) co-signs for him, etc.

I mean zero slander or disrespect to the man, however and would love to get some more background info.

Anybody that's been studying with him from before 2000? Please send me a PM.

Edited by wudangquan

Thanks everyone so far :)

I am still looking forward to hearing more if there is more from anyone.

I will read his stuff that I can and will try and learn chinese one day but am trying to learn Sanskrit at the moment. and thats enough :lol: .

Seth Ananda

Can somebody please tell Me if Master Wangs Systemm uses any kind of Mantra/Incantation.

Thanks

Yes, all taoist systemm uses Mantra/Incantation. Master Wang is belong to Taoist Northern system Quanzhen (Complete Perfection) longmen (dragon gate) branch.

Master Wang taught tiny part of Chanting Mantra ("Zhou-yu" in Chinese) , Nine Palace & Eight Diagrams ("Jiu-Gong-Ba-Gua" in Chinese) and Star Array ("Xing-Zhen" in Chinese) in one of his public seminar many years ago.

Thankyou very much for the reply Kathy,Much appreciated.

So Master wang was even teaching these Mantra at the seminar. Priceless.

Thankyou very much for the reply Kathy,Much appreciated.

So Master wang was even teaching these Mantra at the seminar. Priceless.

Mantra (Zhou-Yu) and Star Array (Xing-Zhen) are very powerful, but it supposed to be keep strict for teaching, and only teach to the highly moral Taoism seekers.

All the public teaching of Master Wang just revealed small part of Taoism system. Chanting mantra is also part of Tibetan Buddhism. Tibetan Buddhism is closely related to ancient Taoism. Many famous guy are friends of Master Wang, such as Jet Li (the martial arts movie star) and 10th Panchen Lama.