hyok

The era of secrets seems to be over...

Why is it that after thousands of years of secretive esoteric arts and mystics that now is the time when it seems like a free for all? What is the significance of this time period that should allow all these secrets to suddenly be offered for teaching to the public at large?

I realize opinions will be theoretical, but i'm interested in reading the thoughts of the Taobums because I think it matters in the bigger picture.

I've heard theories ranging from preparing mankind for the Age of Aquarius (whatever that means), to 2012 Mayan calendar as well as ascendancy, to Alien vs Man warfare, to evolution of consciousness, etc etc.

What are your thoughts?

Just like in any other walks of life it is not the subject that has changed but the spread of information about it.

Wang Liping - to name one - has been openly teaching to HUGE groups of people for years, *you* simply didn't know because there was no 'taobums forum' or the internet to inform you.

A "secret" is so only for one who doesn't know it

YM

EDIT: BTW, purchasing the recipe book doesn't necessarily enable one to be/become a successfull cook.

Edited by YMWong

Okay, well fair enough. Let me explain further because there seems to be some confusion.

I've read Opening The Dragon Gate. During that time the transmitters of the Tao, The Wayfayers of Old, sought out WLP to be the 18th Transmitter of the School of Complete Reality.

Why weren't they teaching like WLP is?

Why did Max of Kunlun decide that he must now teach the secrets he's learned?

Why have all these workshops suddenly sprung up saying that now is the time to release all these secrets?

I'm not talking about YEARS. I'm talking about THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF YEARS where this stuff has been kept in the dark purposely by the very same lineage of teachers who taught the same people who are teaching this stuff to the public now.

EDIT: BTW, spare me with the fortune cookie dough nuggets of wisdom. :)

Just like in any other walks of life it is not the subject that has changed but the spread of information about it.

Wang Liping - to name one - has been openly teaching to HUGE groups of people for years, *you* simply didn't know because there was no 'taobums forum' or the internet to inform you.

A "secret" is so only for one who doesn't know it

YM

EDIT: BTW, purchasing the recipe book doesn't necessarily enable one to be/become a successfull cook.

Edited by hyok

I think it's pretty simple. This is the information age. The internet connects the whole world. Everyone has open access to pretty much all knowledge. We are living in mostly peaceful times....compared to the rest of our history. So it's the best time to share stuff.

Also, a good question is to ask: why were these things secret in the first place?

Okay, well fair enough. Let me explain further because there seems to be some confusion.

I've read Opening The Dragon Gate. During that time the transmitters of the Tao, The Wayfayers of Old, sought out WLP to be the 18th Transmitter of the School of Complete Reality.

Why did Max of Kunlun decide that he must now teach the secrets he's learned?

Why have all these workshops suddenly sprung up saying that now is the time to release all these secrets?

I'm not talking about YEARS. I'm talking about THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF YEARS where this stuff has been kept in the dark purposely by the very same lineage of teachers who taught the same people who are teaching this stuff to the public now.

EDIT: BTW, spare me with the fortune cookie dough nuggets of wisdom. :)

no one on this forum is going to give you a convincing answer to any of these questions and you know it, so why ask?

Read some Daoist history and you will see that many Daost teachers of the past had a HUGE following of disciples and students and part of the transmission was done 'public', similarly to what WLP does in his seminars.

Again, it was NEVER a secret for those involved, most of which got into it through 'public' means.

There is, needless to say, public and private material but the same is true for nowadays Daoists.

What you see/hear/read from the web is of course the public side.

YM

It's because when politics do wrong things (against nature and actually dao and so) and people are lied to and made confused, then the openness has less good virtue. and it becomes a 'secret'.

this is not a mere opinion, this Is... as some would say. but because of the point made before this one, it becomes clear that even a Truth can be concealed and has to be discovered.

Edited by froggie

we're in kali yuga aren't we?

that doesn't mean as much as you and others have been told.

it is a story made from a story.

the real issue is astrological and, if you will, also astronomical.

when there is less light energy upon the planet, it does not mean it has to become bad, it just means that potentially the other states are somewhat different. but it should not be used as an excuse. (it was not intended that way originally even, i believe.) it's comparing apples and oranges and debating which is better. that is the real metaphore. not the other one, even in the slightest, it is originally not.

it is a ...... how do they say it? ....... a misconception taken farther and farther. (like other examples as well, take your pick, it's okay. :) The hidden message imo, for both of these, and they Are unfortunately connected, is to use the good side of everything. that's it. although it's easy to keep following the wrong way, untill it is simply correctly corrected.

Maybe this is all a part of our world's preparation for 2012 or absolute descent into novelty as described by Terrence McKenna?

That wouldn't be a wrong thing. But let's start now, anyway. I think that's the idea too. When you have a time table, you plan ahead. Much like you do with a paper agenda.

It is a matter of vibration and raising our energy body vibration rate.

Let me ask you this, If we were living in 1787 and I came and told you about electromagnetic fields, quantum mechanics, or even television, would you have been able to assimilate this information?

Let me ask another thing. What makes you think there are no further "secrets" beyond what is being brought to the surface of humanity's consciousness now?

Could it be that, as we evolve our energy awareness, more of this "secret" information is able to be assimilated? Perhaps it is not really "secret" information but was there all along.

Part of the reason for so many secrets coming to light after thousands of years is that the communist Chinese government went out of its way to obliterate Taoist practices as so much superstitious nonsense. Rather than allowing their traditions to die many practitioners opted to spread their beliefs and practices as widely as possible. Another reason is that it used to be considered treason to teach Chinese martial arts to outsiders or "foreign devils".

Fortunately for us the world has become a much smaller and more friendly place. :rolleyes:

This definitely makes sense - truth falls into the wrong hands and becomes a tool for selfishness and ego, lust for power begets more lust for power and suddenly truth becomes lie to maintain order and rule based on personal worldview.

What do you mean by less light energy upon the planet? Are you saying the sun is weakening? I read recently that sunspots are no longer on the sun!

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...unspot-mys.html

the idea of 2012 is attractive, but in the past i kept it at arms length because it seemed to have nothing grounding it other than an ancient Mayan calender. But i must say, having been involved in finance as well as being an avid student of geopolitical events, for some reason or another, the world is gearing up for 2012. Be it the financial markets, the wars in the middle-east as well as politics and power plays among G nations, things are preparing for ... something.

:)

Hi Hyok!

Just a quick question

come the last day of december

what typically happens with the calender ???

It's easy :)

We turn the page ...

not something that has to be traumatic?

Might get a paper cut or something but...

Folks have been worried about the world coming to an end

since it began.

They've been afraid of it happening all my life.

Some reasons do carry more weight than others, sure.

But.

Folks like to get caught up in stuff(myself included!)

Can't tell you how many folks came and told me in the past two months

about "the giant mother ship" that was coming last month.

(hmm,about 80 of them i'd say!) (they say it came by the way???)

They were all preparing for it in different ways?

I haven't seen it but haven't been looking either?

What I'm trying, so badly, to say is ~

Enjoy life.

It is precious. It is perfect.

Enjoy it while you are living it.

As for the sun... check this out!!!

Very cool for some folks maybe!

What does it mean?

Only that we are specks of dust that really don't know much of anything!

And as one already mentioned,

Secrets are only secrets if we don't know them.

We are all always learning!

Check this out though : )

http://www.livescience.com/space/081103-mm...ic-portals.html

Shon

I agree with YM, its been there, especially in the East.

Its been staring at us right in the face all the time, but due to Christianity's highjacking, and heavy handed tactics towards any spiritual path besides their own; and scientific materialism that our society is still stuck in, our minds have been programmed towards selective ignorance.

I think it's pretty simple. This is the information age. The internet connects the whole world. Everyone has open access to pretty much all knowledge. We are living in mostly peaceful times....compared to the rest of our history. So it's the best time to share stuff.

Also, a good question is to ask: why were these things secret in the first place?

Are the times realy peacful now?????????????

WW1

WW2

And many more conflicts

and u name it peacful????

F D

Another explanation can be explained through astrology, according to my gf we're entering some kind of new age of man, huge changes and power shifts are starting to happen all because of Pluto entering one of the signs (i can't remember which one, its alot if foreign information to process). Pluto entering a sign means the it makes the influence of the sign itself stronger. I can't say any of this with accuracy since i don't research it myself and all my information comes from her ranting about it, but all the astrologers seem to be very excited about this change.

Update: i just asked her and pluto is entering capricorn which influences businesses and politics, causing change for the better. more information being released and Obama's election (and promises if he decides to keep them) would probably coincide with it with the shift. i hate to say it but she usually ends up being right with these things.

Edited by Fitz P. Faustus

I suppose this is part of the profound transition as we move from the age of Pisces (Christianity) during the past two thousand years in to the Age of Aquarius, just like the profound change 2,000 years moving from the Age of Aries (the ram, Judaism) into Picses.

the age of Aquirias isn't going to happen for another 200 years (2200 they're predicting), so this one is just a more immediate influence.

This is an interesting thread... I'd like to think that the hippies opened us up to the age of Aqarious- was it a premie? :D:blink:

in any case do any of us assume we are entitled to be "all knowing" ? are we able to handle all that remains secret?

I doubt that I am- some of the more energy demanding experiences remain beyond my grasp- I remain a fallible human and predict that I'll remain so durring this life time...

;)

but I shall remain (hopefully)- atuned to vibrant change in my own quest for enlightenment! B)

Edited by Wayfarer64

I just had a thought - many of us may be reincarnates who have already spent a ton of time in past lives cultivating. So, while we may be back here again to learn or do other things, we may not have to repeat all that stuff yet again. And in fact, to complete our particular life objectives now, may not have time to. So the new availability of these crash courses allows us to speed through what we've already learned before.

I dunno, just another possibility... :huh:

Edited by vortex

Someone who was Wise once told me.........."Secrets are only things that you have not learned YET".

Most of the myriad "secrets" are right in front of us, but our consciousness is not developed enough to see them (YET).

I'll tell you the most profound secret that I ever learned:

"Thoughts are THINGS".

Peace & Supreme Virtue to you all.

gossamer