YMWong

Wang Liping in Russia

awesome stuff YMWong, all the stuff you have been posting lately is top notch!
I 2nd that! :D

BTW, are they just happening to be holding some personal items in their laps here, or are those some special herbal packets or something?

ql07ge09.jpg

ql07ge10.jpg

Edited by vortex

how long does wang liping recommend you sit in full lotus for? i can go 30 minutes before i wuss out :lol:

yes... first the hips then the knees and last the feeds. But everyday you can stay a little longer. 3 month ago I coudn't even sit for 45 minutes cross-legged, but everyday I could stay a little longer. No pain no gain :-P

yeah my knees don't hurt while i'm sitting in full lotus but they do ache after; what makes me get out is usually my feet (from being all folded up) and my legs fall asleep too.

edit: i wanted to ask you does it matter which leg you put on your lap first? ie. left over right or right over left?

and after finishing my session i have the following input:

full lotus hurts like hell

:lol:

Edited by mantis

Hey guys,

I don't know where you hear this from. But you definitely don't need to be able to sit in full lotus to start Longmen Pai practice. Even just sitting on a chair in the beginning is fine.

Ken

Nobody said that :-) I just said that we had to sit still for more than one hour on the 3. day of our first seminar. And it would be better being able to sit in full lotus than just cross-legged.