wudangquan

Serious Questions

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned (or maybe didn't) I'm about finished here in Wudang/Shiyan and am going to go back to Kunming in a few weeks.

Before I leave I'm going to film some video on internal martial arts, Taoist cultivation, neijia/neigong/neidan, etc.

Mostly it will be in the form of the priest that I know presenting the material, and maybe me translating.

So here's the thing.

If you could sit down and ask any question related to Taoism, IMA, Cultivation, Alchemy, Sorcery (and there is plenty here), etc. of a (non-commercial) priest who (IMO) understands things at a pretty high level, what would your questions be?

It can be yes/no.

It can be be "tell me how . . . "

It can even be "Show me how" with physical demonstrations, etc.

Please post them here.

I'll choose some to use if I can.

wudangquan,

Could you ask for me the following:

How does internal alchemy, in transmuting Jing to Chi to Shen, help with liberation of the mind? What practices does he employ to uproot the defilements of the mind/heart?

Cheers.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned (or maybe didn't) I'm about finished here in Wudang/Shiyan and am going to go back to Kunming in a few weeks.

Before I leave I'm going to film some video on internal martial arts, Taoist cultivation, neijia/neigong/neidan, etc.

Mostly it will be in the form of the priest that I know presenting the material, and maybe me translating.

So here's the thing.

If you could sit down and ask any question related to Taoism, IMA, Cultivation, Alchemy, Sorcery (and there is plenty here), etc. of a (non-commercial) priest who (IMO) understands things at a pretty high level, what would your questions be?

It can be yes/no.

It can be be "tell me how . . . "

It can even be "Show me how" with physical demonstrations, etc.

Please post them here.

I'll choose some to use if I can.

What is the absolute fastest method to stop being reborn permanently, and can you give instruction on it.

I would greatly appreciate an answer to this. Thank you for this opportunity. :)

Edited by mwight

if i could sit and talk with someone like that I would be interested in:

what he or she feels is essential for attainment

(like a practice or a series of practices that will lead someone there- as in what the path entails and maybe what the different parts do or how they fit together)

and something about what is the attainment- what is the goal-

good luck with your move

franklin

How do I get a girlfriend?

How do I get money?

Or more importantly: how do I get a really rich girlfriend?

But on a serious note... um... how do I get immortality? How do I get super powers? How do I get a rich girlfriend? How can I become a master of my own body and spirit?

Thanks for those so far.

Would like to get as extensive of a list as possible.

I have my own ideas about what I'm going to ask specifically on camera, and how the answers might lead to tangent questions but know that I will either forget or not think of some important things so I would like to build a big list.

I'll probably film movement and posture for a day (and then edit it with overlayed narration) and maybe try and capture at least several hours of questions and answers.

I am not going to be recording one of the commercial wushu monks, but rather a quite older gentleman who doesn't do any public teaching, but - who I felt some resonance and congruity with and who I feel has a pretty high level of understanding and some genuine attainment.

He also is quite knowledgeable about some of the old pre modern era Wudang magic, like the rain making magic, and so on.

If anyone thinks of more please post them here.

My Chinese is ok but not great and I may need to look up some words (especially religious/cultivation related words that may be out of general circulation) ahead of time if I don't know them.

What a generous offer this is Wudangquan, thanks :-)

I would very much like to hear his heartfelt advice on purifying the heart and mind with perhaps some demonstration of supplementary (or major) exercises that can assist in this process.

Thanks for those so far.

Would like to get as extensive of a list as possible.

I have my own ideas about what I'm going to ask specifically on camera, and how the answers might lead to tangent questions but know that I will either forget or not think of some important things so I would like to build a big list.

I'll probably film movement and posture for a day (and then edit it with overlayed narration) and maybe try and capture at least several hours of questions and answers.

I am not going to be recording one of the commercial wushu monks, but rather a quite older gentleman who doesn't do any public teaching, but - who I felt some resonance and congruity with and who I feel has a pretty high level of understanding and some genuine attainment.

He also is quite knowledgeable about some of the old pre modern era Wudang magic, like the rain making magic, and so on.

If anyone thinks of more please post them here.

My Chinese is ok but not great and I may need to look up some words (especially religious/cultivation related words that may be out of general circulation) ahead of time if I don't know them.

What an intense project!

Would love to hear about your own experiences

when it's completed, if you have a chance?

someday down the road!

Thank you for taking the initiative to do such a thing,

so much of the old knowledge seems lost?

... it come round again, i suppose, but would be very interested to hear some of his stories?

What has had the most profound effect on his own cultivation and learning

what's brought him joy in this life? The beginning of his studies, how things progressed?

What is he learning now?

I myself have foolish questions of working with time but can't figure out how to word them!

but maybe he could touch upon the nature of "time" in doing the work that he does?

You mentioned Wudang magic and Sorcery, but also in other practices, "time" play a part in it or totally unconcerned about such a "thing", be it in his own or in working with the lives around him?

Not sure if this makes any sense at all,lol!

Any questions you ask, any conversations you can share will be a gift ... of a very precious kind.

Thank you for doing such work.

Sincerely,

Shon

Stay well!

Wudangquan, I dont have any questions but I just wanted to thank you for what your doing.

Same here. Thanks.

I'd love to hear about the rain making and weather magic, not that I particularly want to practice it, but it sounds fascinating.

Practically, I am interested in staying in harmony with nature and my relationships, it's like a groove that I am in and out of but can't quite figure out what makes the difference.

thanks, looking forward to any information you can provide.

What are the most common mistakes you see people making?

What is the most valuable / best piece of advice you have received.

It can be yes/no.

Hi

in daodejing 25 it is said:

dao fa ziran

道法自然

dao's process is ziran (nature - or would wudang pai use another rendering?)

thinking of the special qi 氣 / 炁 we find in human organs like lung, heart, liver...

which in xiuzhentu are spoken of as shen2 神...

here is my question:

does 武當派 wudangpai tradition regard these shen2 神 as ziran?

yes / no ?

riyue

Awesome.

Will be recording video on Monday.

These questions that y'all have posted though - I'll leak all of those out on my site in videos for free, plus a ton of other free stuff.

In 4-6 months or so after people have had time to digest this project I am going to present some material from Lai Shengling ( http://www.geocities.com/qgmaster/ ) on medical qigong because I know a lot of people are interested in that.

He is seriously the most awesome person I've ever seen as far as physically manifesting energy goes. I've not met Mr. Chang, but I would guess that Dr. Lai is up there . . . And similarly humble and has a real job instead of charging crazy amounts for healing.

I also like his "message" and am fundamentally in agreement with what he says about these issues whereas I'm not with most people.

For me, personally - I'm not interested in Kung Fu (although I would say I'm an ok martial artist) or healing, or any of these kinds of things. I just want to get unplugged.

I am also not qualified to teach anybody anything and am just struggling with my own cultivation and towards my own attainment but if I can spend some effort to push people more towards cultivating their hearts and mind and less towards gaining temporal power (cuz that's what 90% of the public material really boils down to) hopefully I can gain some merit and maybe one of y'all is going to be the next great being that I can establish a karmic relationship with. :)

That's the thing I was going to say about the Bodhri letter . . . I think a true cultivator understands that real teaching is more valuable than money and doesn't mind to spend it. I know I don't.

But I also think a true teacher (an imho not a self reference) sees beyond temporal and temporary gains and tries to establish their own mighty virtue, as well. If you've got what you need, what more do you need?

And to say that it takes a fleet of cars, or that a person who actually has the ability to succeed in cultivation can't do that while working at a normal job and paying their own bills - I think this kind of preys on Western romanticism of Taoism and Buddhism as well and is really not the case.

J