froggie

Does anyone know how i can cultivate my own AFA algae? (Aphanizomenon flos aquae)

Does anyone know how i can cultivate my own AFA algae? (Aphanizomenon flos aquae)

Most importantly where to get the algae themselves?

It seems very important to me to do this for myself, and i thought that maybe someone here might know something. (it's very difficult to find so far)

p.s. Sorry for a possible off-topicness, but it's not entirely off actually because they are superexcellent for a very good diet, energy, and potentially also other things relative to inner and outer cultivation.

Thank you!

Edited by froggie

Most importantly where to get the algae themselves?

It seems very important to me to do this for myself, and i thought that maybe someone here might know something. (it's very difficult to find so far)

p.s. Sorry for a possible off-topicness, but it's not entirely off actually because they are superexcellent for a very good diet, energy, and potentially also other things relative to inner and outer cultivation.

Thank you!

These guys have frozen alive algea: http://www.e3live.com Maybe they can be used somehow?

I dont know how to grow them at home, but I too would be really interested if anybody know!!!

I believe that essentially and basically all that one needs for freshwater algae is a tank, water, sunlight and oxygen (and the water should probably not be still and kept ariated, but the oxygen pump would do that.) and ofcourse a healthy good set of the algae. (then more 'pro': a food dehydrator probably and something for quality control of the algae to just keep them healthy and safe.)

There are some particular websites that go on into cultivating algae (mostly for small garden ponds with fish)

But i will have to put some time into that, so will have to come back to this topic later.

These guys have frozen alive algea: http://www.e3live.com Maybe they can be used somehow?

I dont know how to grow them at home, but I too would be really interested if anybody know!!!

Yep, that would be a pretty good find. (although a bit expensive ... wonder if it is possible to buy 1 or 2 canisters instead of the 5 ..... )

I think the algae will survive in a good closed can with water for a few days shipment anyway, the fact that it is frozen may also add to the 'quality preservation time', even more if the can also would be insulated with soma aluminum foil or a styrofoam box to send it in.

Anyone near the actual lake? (i believe it's the Kalamanta lake?)

You could possibly make a small business of it, fresh culture. could be a nice idea. i think i would, if i was near it... but that's just because it's right up my alley of interests and hobbies anyway.

Yep, that would be a pretty good find. (although a bit expensive ... wonder if it is possible to buy 1 or 2 canisters instead of the 5 ..... )

I think the algae will survive in a good closed can with water for a few days shipment anyway, the fact that it is frozen may also add to the 'quality preservation time', even more if the can also would be insulated with soma aluminum foil or a styrofoam box to send it in.

Anyone near the actual lake? (i believe it's the Kalamanta lake?)

You could possibly make a small business of it, fresh culture. could be a nice idea. i think i would, if i was near it... but that's just because it's right up my alley of interests and hobbies anyway.

Please update your progress here when you get it going! I would love to hear how it goes and how you do it :D