Sign in to follow this  
pghpi

Hello from Pittsburgh

Hello,

I joined a few weeks ago and have decided to say "hello". I am a private investigator living and working in the Pittsburgh area - born and raised as a Catholic. I never really got it and merely went through the motions for years. While enlisted in the Navy, I was stationed in Japan and came in contact with different perspectives including Taoism. After years of "unlearning" my Catholic beliefs, I am beginning to wrap my mind around some of the Taoist's school of thought. I'm certain that in the coming months, I'll be asking several questions to aid me in this journey.

The only thing that I know now is that I know nothing.

thanks,

pghpi

Hi pghpi,

Welcome to the 'bums, we need an investigator here sometimes / often :) Have fun

Hi pghpi,

Welcome to the 'bums, we need an investigator here sometimes / often :) Have fun

Hi!

... yur investigating us???

So, A? What kinda questions you got there kid?

LOL, U poor thing!

:P

Any certain Taoist's school of thought that catch your attention

more than others these days?

Stay well,

Have fun here!

Shon

:D

Cool telescope!

Hi!

... yur investigating us???

So, A? What kinda questions you got there kid?

LOL, U poor thing!

Any certain Taoist's school of thought that catch your attention

more than others these days?

Stay well,

Have fun here!

Shon

:D

Cool telescope!

No, I'm not investigating anyone here, but I get that all the time.

I guess that my first question would be about conflict. Since I started, I've been limiting my conflicts just by the way that I've been thinking. Instead of jumping in / causing obstruction and in the end prolonging problems, I've allowed things to resolve themselves. However, what happens when conflict is unavoidable? When something needs to be done.

Since I'm a novice at this, I'm guessing that a lot of it is my old thought patterns are kicking in. Does this pass with time or is this a legitimate concern?

pghpi

I guess that my first question would be about conflict. Since I started, I've been limiting my conflicts just by the way that I've been thinking. Instead of jumping in / causing obstruction and in the end prolonging problems, I've allowed things to resolve themselves. However, what happens when conflict is unavoidable? When something needs to be done.

Since I'm a novice at this, I'm guessing that a lot of it is my old thought patterns are kicking in. Does this pass with time or is this a legitimate concern?

pghpi

sure u do get asked that alot, sorry!

Couldn't resist!

OOooo. :)

good questions.

Yes.

Very legitimate but don't get caught by it.

No.

Not with time,

but with practice.

Every action is a choice.

Every moment a choice

to be made in that moment.

Great observations.

How often it is

how we are within our selves

that influences life around us, hmm?

To watch and observe

yourself and those and those around you,

it can be an interesting "game" to play,

To see when those choices are being made?

thank you.

good questions will have to sit with that.

made me think too.

Shon

P.S. (my disclaimer !)

...As if i actually know anything lol!

pghpi

Every situation has within it an opportunity to preserve harmony, this is the Tao in every moment. If disharmony occurs it is because these early opportunities were missed and greater efforts are required to catch the new opportunities. Even if conflict occurs, if we can follow the correct way, harmony can be reestablished without injury or harm occuring.

Welcome pghpi.

Every situation has within it an opportunity to preserve harmony, this is the Tao in every moment. If disharmony occurs it is because these early opportunities were missed and greater efforts are required to catch the new opportunities. Even if conflict occurs, if we can follow the correct way, harmony can be reestablished without injury or harm occuring.

Welcome pghpi.

thank you, both replies will be very helpful

pghpi

Sign in to follow this