mwight

Who Here Meditates At Least 1 Hour Every Day?

Who Here Meditates At Least 1 Hour Every Day?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who Here Meditates At Least 1 Hour Every Day?

• I Usually Meditate 1 Hour Every Day or At Least 7 Hours Every Week.
    • I Usually Meditate 2+ Hours Per Day or 14+ Hours Per Week.
    • I Usually Meditate At Least Once A Week, But Under 7 Total Hours Per Week.
    • I Rarely Meditate.
    • I Don't Meditate At All.

By meditation, do you mean like formal meditation, or do you include any other type of spiritual practice?

I meant more like sitting mediations, emptiness, void, insight, metta, zen, etc.. I guess walking meditation might count... anything in which your mind is focused on something or nothing... Pacing and talking to yourself or anything which involves thinking with words or pictures then no.

I'm currently building myself back up to an hour a day. Right now I am at 30 minutes next week 45 and then the week after its an hour. I took a break to get my life in balance. Last year I was doing 4-6hours a day but had to stop because my life was sucking really bad. All things in moderation I guess....

Should number three be 'once a day'? not once a week?

Sorry I should have read the poll options several times I was tired last night.

Maybe it should have said I meditate at least weekly, under 7 hours.

27 minutes a day, everyday

Sorry I just assumed 1 hour was a good number for most people I should have had a lot more options, but I didn't' want it to get really confusing.

I generally do ~ 40 minutes of sitting every morning so I voted for the less than 7 hours/week.

If you count trying to be mindful throughout the day, it's much more than 7 hours per week but that probably doesn't fit into a specific method that would be easily measured.

I generally do ~ 40 minutes of sitting every morning so I voted for the less than 7 hours/week.

If you count trying to be mindful throughout the day, it's much more than 7 hours per week but that probably doesn't fit into a specific method that would be easily measured.

I do roughly the same every morning, but supplement the seating meditation with Zhan Zhuang and standing Wuji meditation a few times per day for a couple of minutes at a time.

At various times throughout the day I try to be conscious of my breathing and regulate it accordingly.

used to meditate 4 to 6 hours every day for years and chant 4 to 6 hours which is meditation on top of that. I didn't sleep much.

But... these days... I don't do sitting meditation much, though I do mantra a whole lot... I need to do more though, meditation and mantra.

hmmmm... <_<

I don't meditate much at the moment, too many other interests and activities pulling at me. I'm trying to just stay on a regular committed schedule, even if it only amounts to a measly 20 minutes a day.

This is one reason I also occasionally like some repetitious forms of work which don't require much thought. It gives one an oppurtunity to practice increased awareness, mantra, prayer, etc.

Edited by Enishi

Currently - Morning KAP 45 -60 minutes followed by 25 minutes Shi Ne, and 25 minutes Shi Ne in the evening, 7 days a week, maybe miss one day a month.

I am at an hour a day.

Gratz Darin!

1hr seated, 1 hr standing , 1hr standing moving each day...

Daily none stop?

How long have you done that for?

That's pretty impressive if you are a laymen.

Peace,

WT

Gratz Darin!

Daily none stop?

How long have you done that for?

That's pretty impressive if you are a laymen.

Peace,

WT

I do atleast 1 hr of talking meditation everyday.

h

it's not only the "time" that matters, it also the "quality" of your meditation. With quality I do not mean the path you're going, much more the correct position or movement of your spine.

I would ask:

Who meditates here at all instead of spending too long in front of the computer.

;)

Currently - Morning KAP 45 -60 minutes followed by 25 minutes Shi Ne, and 25 minutes Shi Ne in the evening, 7 days a week, maybe miss one day a month.
What is Shi Ne?

Spirit Ape - Holy shat! Good combo, but what system are you following? And what kinda results have you gotten?