kathyli

Wang Liping in Jinhua 2008

Last weekend when Max had seminars in LA a student of Wang Liping's showed up for Level 1, and apparently both he and Max were delighted. :)

Actually, not just a student, a Dragon Gate taoist.

Interesting, I'd LOVE to hear what each thought of the other's system and personal development/level? B)

May I ask, what is MAX's system??

I sent an email to the Dragon Door teacher in SoCal and am waiting for a reply.

I know of someone in Southern California teaching the Long Men Qigong and who studied with Wang Liping and Ken's teacher.

She studied around 20 years ago if I remember correctly.

Anyway, if anyone's interested I can contact her and see if she would be interested in more students.

I'd love to hear from her and learn about her system and results. Do tell more! B)

Interesting, I'd LOVE to hear what each thought of the other's system and personal development/level? B)

Alas, a strike of idiocy on my part prevented me from finding out. Instead of asking that and more, I started telling Max stuff about what little I know of the Dragon Gate school. So I pretty much turned what could have been a lesson for me into small talk. Don't ask... I'm still kicking myself. And then someone else got hold of Max and I didn't have a chance to get back to that line of inquiry. The seminar was high voltage...

I did make a strange connection though. The ET stuff, something that is the most questionable part of the whole package for many... OK, someone told me that (I'm in hearsay territory here, so don't take my word for it, I don't know one way or the other, I'm just saying what I was told by someone supposedly in the know) the Falun Dafa creator is a student of Wang Liping's. Now he's someone who is famous for asserting there's scores of ETs among us. So if it's really the case, we now have two independent sources pretty much describing them in identical terms. So I can't begin to fathom what a Dragon Gate guy in the know could have been discussing with Max, but my imagination runs wild... :D

Alas, a strike of idiocy on my part prevented me from finding out. Instead of asking that and more, I started telling Max stuff about what little I know of the Dragon Gate school. So I pretty much turned what could have been a lesson for me into small talk. Don't ask... I'm still kicking myself. And then someone else got hold of Max and I didn't have a chance to get back to that line of inquiry. The seminar was high voltage...

I did make a strange connection though. The ET stuff, something that is the most questionable part of the whole package for many... OK, someone told me that (I'm in hearsay territory here, so don't take my word for it, I don't know one way or the other, I'm just saying what I was told by someone supposedly in the know) the Falun Dafa creator is a student of Wang Liping's. Now he's someone who is famous for asserting there's scores of ETs among us. So if it's really the case, we now have two independent sources pretty much describing them in identical terms. So I can't begin to fathom what a Dragon Gate guy in the know could have been discussing with Max, but my imagination runs wild... :D

Yea, Max gets flooded with random tangents, so I usually listened more than I talked and chose any few questions very carefully...

Yup, it's no secret that Li Hongzhi was a former student of WLP. I think they had a parting of ways, and I'm not sure what level he attained under WLP, though. But what I do know is that when I looked into FG years ago, I knew he knew a lot more than he taught - because I saw one of his video intros where he "spoke" in a very fluid sequence of flowery hand movements and mudras while sitting in full-lotus. It was just so graceful and smooth I knew he knew something more...

That said, I didn't quite agree with all his beliefs and assertions in FG and decided it was a mixed bag.

As far as ETs, I've been a buff since I was a kid and always believed in them, to be honest. So, it's no paradigm shift at all for me - in fact, the growing consensus only comfirms my beliefs more with every passing day. And it's not just KL or DG making similar observaions about them, either. But a wide cross-section of people. That also said, the whole UFO field is also infiltrated and loaded with tons of misinformation and disinformation...so caveat emptor.

Last weekend when Max had seminars in LA a student of Wang Liping's showed up for Level 1, and apparently both he and Max were delighted. :)

Actually, not just a student, a Dragon Gate taoist.

I guess it depends on the individual, like most other things. Viktor Siao, e.g., told me that he couldn't imagine mixing two, let alone more, advanced practices, and had doubts about any benefits of doing that for "most" people who do, but didn't exclude the possibility for "some" to do it beneficially either.

Cool. I was just re reading the Kunlun book and that part about not mixing other systems or you could get energy sickness. It would be interesting to clear up once and for all exactly what you could or couldn't mix with Kunlun. So I guess Dragon Gate Taoism get's a thumbs up then?

In any case, I would probably agree with Viktor. I guess for me to add more it would really have to make sense and really be beneficial somehow. Not just to do something else. Not to mention time constraints. What little I know of WLP/dragon gate it would be a very time consuming practice.

I like the quick quickness of Kunlun and that you can see real results with an hour a day.

the Falun Dafa creator is a student of Wang Liping's. Now he's someone who is famous for asserting there's scores of ETs among us. So if it's really the case, we now have two independent sources pretty much describing them in identical terms. So I can't begin to fathom what a Dragon Gate guy in the know could have been discussing with Max, but my imagination runs wild... :D

I asked Kathy about this and from what I remember(correct me if this is wrong Kathy)Li Honghzi did like 1 workshop with Master Wang. From what I heard of Falun Gong I think he does talk about et's like some of the Kunlunies. I am still not sure what we can or can't speak about this aspect of the system here so just won't :lol:

Edited by Cameron

Cool. I was just re reading the Kunlun book and that part about not mixing other systems or you could get energy sickness. It would be interesting to clear up once and for all exactly what you could or couldn't mix with Kunlun. So I guess Dragon Gate Taoism get's a thumbs up then?

nice, I'm also doing Long Men-Pai Qi-Gong together with Kunlun Level 1 ... AND I'm doing Pammachon. And I have no energy sickness - seems to work together :)

nice, I'm also doing Long Men-Pai Qi-Gong together with Kunlun Level 1 ... AND I'm doing Pammachon. And I have no energy sickness - seems to work together :)

Good for you! :)

Many variables there I guess... One could be, e.g., the level (or even just the sheer amount of experience, of "systemic habit") achieved at some practice before starting some other practice. I used to have something so all-encompassing going that whatever else I tried would just redirect me to my main practice, by hook or by crook. Nothing else would "take." But after a few years, I could do something else without interferences -- of if there were interferences, they were manageable and minor and I could stop "that old thing" and proceed with "this new one."

By the way, my taiji improved since kunlun -- it gained some energy and daring that weren't there before. I'd say it got more assertive and more spontaneous. Like in that celebrated Matrix line where Morpheus is teaching Neo how to do kung fu, "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!" I seem to be reaping some unexpected taiji benefits from the general "stop trying" theme of kunlun. :)

Yup, it's no secret that Li Hongzhi was a former student of WLP. I think they had a parting of ways, and I'm not sure what level he attained under WLP, though. But what I do know is that when I looked into FG years ago, I knew he knew a lot more than he taught - because I saw one of his video intros where he "spoke" in a very fluid sequence of flowery hand movements and mudras while sitting in full-lotus. It was just so graceful and smooth I knew he knew something more...

That said, I didn't quite agree with all his beliefs and assertions in FG and decided it was a mixed bag.

I have a link of Hongzhi's flowing movents on another computer. My guess is it is more a spontaneous movement than a specific qigong.

I also recently discovered that Falun, or the law wheel, actually refers to the microcosmic orbid. So Falun Gong is microcosmic orbit gong. But the secterism in Flaun Gong is still not so charming...

read Shen Laoshi's blog for informations about real Channel-SHO

Edited by Kronos

are you sure about this? Because the channel-SHO-techniques Shen Laoshi teaches (ping heng gong, star-formation qi gong, the first of the 3 immortal methods etc.) differ a lot from the 4 qi-gong movements of falun gong. maybe the 5th "sitting meditation" could activate the SHO?

oh...Im not shure if this is the same as Wang LiPing teaches. I never said that. I just saw somewhere that this is what Falun Gong is about, or atleast the 5th movement. I dont remeber where I read it... can search a little and see if I find it again.

Edited by sheng zhen

Please don't confuse falun gong with anything taught by Master Wang. It's very insulting to associate Master Wang with that nutjob.

I'd imagine certain things are compatible...but I was told by a few different sources I deem reliable that while xing shen zhuang is ok to do alongside kunlun, the sheng zhen gong is not a compatible practice. I dont have experience with other longmenpai stuff (and not even a full understanding of SZG) so I cant speak extensively on the matter. I'd consult authoritative sources on this one.

Ken, hope your practice is coming along well!

Please don't confuse falun gong with anything taught by Master Wang. It's very insulting to associate Master Wang with that nutjob.

Is this opinion based on your experience with both?

Hi Taomeow, I have only practiced Master Wang's teaching so I can tell the difference between that and falun gong. Secondly, maybe "nutjob" was too harsh a word but really please don't associate that name with Master Wang. We can chat privately about it, it's not something that I want to talk in public.

Is this opinion based on your experience with both?

Edited by Ken

Hi Taomeow, I have only practiced Master Wang's teaching so I can tell the difference between that and falun gong. Secondly, maybe "nutjob" was too harsh a word but really please don't associate that name with Master Wang. We can chat privately about it, it's not something that I want to talk in public.

Thank you, Ken. Please do PM if you're up to it, I'd like to know more.

Do you guys have an outline of what Long men Qigong practices are about?

For the life of me I can't find anything on this.

baguakid, you could read Shen Laoshi's blog. There are also 2 books written by Master Wang Liping and a third one called "Opening the Dragon's Gate". You can also find informations on http://dao.tjq.ru or http://www.dao-meditation.com (german) or also http://translate.google.ch/translate?u=htt...de&ie=UTF-8

oh, or http://www.longbao.de (german) and last on http://www.longmenpai.com (german)

It's not wise to mention WLP and the falun movement on the same page, as far as we know, the chinese comunist party is still jumpy about the subject. Use your nuggin'

we could delete every post after #~30 and re-begin the discussion without that FG-stuff that does not belong to a thread called WLP in Jinhua 2008 :)

Seth Ananda is asking the following questions. But, the thread was buried by many others. I encourage any taobums, who followed my initial thread and linked some other seminars, supposed have the answers. Please sincerely answer the question. Share your informations of "Personal Experiences with Wang Liping".

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=7414&hl=

A Lot of people have been mentioning Wang Liping and he sounds Like a pretty cool, Powerful dude.

If people are willing I would love to hear about any Personal experiences people or students have had with him.

Please keep this thread to First Hand story's (as much as possible (Tao bums is nothing without some good rambling conversation)) and I would love to hear comparisons to other great teachers you may have met.

There seems to be a kind of consensus here that Mr Liping is a cut above the rest, and so I (respectfully) would like to know why.

From people who have studied under him or met him.

Thanks,

Seth Ananda

Hello DS,

WLP's two books has been long out of press in China, if you want a pdf version let me have your email address and I'll try to upload them somewhere like yousendit or the likes.

The work you mention then is simply a booklet published for the seminar, which is widely available all over the web in text version.

YM

Hi YM,

do you have the second book on cultivation from WLP as PDF? His autobiography is translated already in western languages and quite widespread (even though Mr. Cleary's translation is a mess....).

If so, I will send you by mail my mail adress.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi YM,

do you have the second book on cultivation from WLP as PDF? His autobiography is translated already in western languages and quite widespread (even though Mr. Cleary's translation is a mess....).

If so, I will send you by mail my mail adress.

Many thanks in advance!

Which one, title ?

YM