kathyli

Wang Liping in Jinhua 2008

i see only chinese people there...

did any non-chinese, or ttb's, attend it?

:)

I met Kathy a few weeks ago and we are lucky to have her contribute here. I think money is the main issue for people who would study with Master Wang but can't. For many people here are young in there 20's or 30's.

Also, many of us follow different systems. The level of committment to really study with Master Wang would most likely mean dropping whatever other practice you have going. For example, I am pretty devoted to Max's system.

But what I told Kathy that I am pretty sure of is if Master Wang ever did come to the States many people here would be interested in seeing him. Even if they are really deeply into another path. I am sure there would be alot of interest in that.

Don't hold your breath though. From what I understand Master Wang is wildly popular in China and already very busy. So if anyone is interested in studying with him in China here is a great resource.

Thanks Kathy!

Cameron

Edited by Cameron

There were foreign students from Europe and US in the seminar. Several hundreds people attended the seminar, you are only seeing a very small fraction of them in the photos.

i see only chinese people there...

did any non-chinese, or ttb's, attend it?

:)

There were foreign students from Europe and US in the seminar. Several hundreds people attended the seminar, you are only seeing a very small fraction of them in the photos.

I assume the 外 学生 were not that many. I wonder how they managed with 汉语.

Edited by Little1

nice, is that you in the photos daoseeker? one thing i noticed is that there seems to be a sizable number of younger people practicing - even kids; next generation maybe?

Edited by mantis

share with you pictures of Taoist Master Wang Liping in Jinhua 2008 seminar.

post-18339-1225750919_thumb.jpgpost-18339-1225750748_thumb.jpgpost-18339-1225750943_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's very cool, Kathy!! WLP's got some stylez. B) Overall, how was the seminar? Could you share any highlights for us?

I did really want to go, and still hope to someday, but it was just really bad timing due to the economic chaos, I didn't feel like I was ready for that type of hardcore cultivation yet (can't even sit in full-lotus yet) and the real dealbreaker was that I had some health issues cropping up over the last few months that were getting progressively worse, until I just recently turned them around (just ask Santi, who very kindly gave me some insight, guidance, tips & healing in my recovery :) ). Under those conditions, there was just no way I could go anywhere, much less China and try to meditate for hours on end... This was one of the most stressful times for me here at home since I can remember. It was no time for me to abandon ship. So, basically the primary cockblock for me was really horrible timing. Oh well, what can ya do?

Just hope there's still a "next time," sometime..

Edited by vortex

I know of someone in Southern California teaching the Long Men Qigong and who studied with Wang Liping and Ken's teacher.

She studied around 20 years ago if I remember correctly.

Anyway, if anyone's interested I can contact her and see if she would be interested in more students.

Edited by Baguakid

I know of someone in Southern California teaching the Long Men Qigong and who studied with Wang Liping and Ken's teacher.

She studied around 20 years ago if I remember correctly.

Anyway, if anyone's interested I can contact her and see if she would be interested in more students.

Hi, BaGuaKid,

I'm very interested in learning Qigong from someone in US. Southern California is not far from my working place. Could you please let me know about the information ? Thank you very much !

No problem Kathy, pass me your email address.

I'll upload the other two pdf (WLP's chinese books) on youtube tonight for the other bumers and post the link on this same thread

YM

Thank you very much ! Please check your mail box in Taobums.

WLP's book "Xing Da Dao" (行大道) is already available online here

http://fliiby.com/file/77883/axykja3sjy.html

and can be downloaded as PDF file by simply choosing "download" on the same page.

I'll try to upload the other somewhere this couple of days.

YM

WLP's other book Da Dao Xing (大道行) - which has been translated by Cleary - is now available here

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orQk13cG9nYU0wTVE9PQ

If somebody cannot make it in time for the download feel free to drop me an email and I will forward the PDF file, which is less then 6MB in size only.

YM

• Like 1

The level of committment to really study with Master Wang would most likely mean dropping whatever other practice you have going. For example, I am pretty devoted to Max's system.

Last weekend when Max had seminars in LA a student of Wang Liping's showed up for Level 1, and apparently both he and Max were delighted. :)

Actually, not just a student, a Dragon Gate taoist.

I guess it depends on the individual, like most other things. Viktor Siao, e.g., told me that he couldn't imagine mixing two, let alone more, advanced practices, and had doubts about any benefits of doing that for "most" people who do, but didn't exclude the possibility for "some" to do it beneficially either.

Edited by Taomeow