Baguakid

Wong Kiew Kit - 18 LoHan Qigong

I'm seeing this offered in my area in a couple of weeks by Master Wong himself.

Just wondering if anyone's taken this before and can comment.

Thanks,

BaguaKid

Edited by Baguakid

I'm seeing this offered in my area in a couple of weeks by Master Wong himself.

Just wondering if anyone's taken this before and can comment.

Thanks,

BaguaKid

He's highly spoken of.

Desert Eagle,

Could you expand on this? Did you have a negative experience with the teacher or material?

Thanks,

I have no experience with Wong but I practice Shi Ba Luo Han and it's a great set.

It's a lot to learn in one seminar. It would be very helpful if there was some way you could get some corrections from someone experienced down the road after practicing for a few months, years....

PS I think that there are multiple variations on the Luo Han theme

DesertEagle,

Did they offer a money back Guarantee? They are offering this for this seminar.

http://www.flowingzen.com/2008Grandmaster.htm

See third paragraph of intro.

I think they would offer a money back guarantee because the course I attended had optional payment, that is no requirement to pay unless you wanted. I didn't pay and dropped half-way and spent the rest of the time as a tourist but it wasn't worth it because of all the costs and arrangements just to be there.

I didn't know much at that time, Wong Kiew Kit is one of those more net-popular masters because of his site and books. Now I know that there are many other masters in Malaysia who also migrated from china (just like what happend in Taiwan).

Edited by Desert Eagle

Hi BaguaKid,

By coincidence, I registered to attend this workshop this morning. I went to some of

his workshops in Miami during his first US tour in 2005. During those classes he only

taught a few movements (he calls them "dynamic patterns"), and then how to do

"self-manifested" (i.e. spontaneous) qigong. He spent a lot of time on questions and

answers. I think what stuck with me the most from the things he said had to do with the

importance of one's state of mind while practicing. I remember when the class started

the movements, he said "Now smile from your heart" and you could feel the energy in

the room change. I think he also did an energetic transmission during the workshop.

Another class was on a meditation called the "golden cascade" which was like an energy shower.

Since my main interest is in moving forms, I was mildly disappointed that he didn't cover

more of those, but overall I felt the experience was beneficial and worthwhile. In the

Orlando workshop he will be teaching an 18 movement form, so I am looking forward to

it. He charges a bit more than most, but he is also coming from farther away (and I should

add that his fees are way less than some of the people I've heard about on TTB that charge

thousands!).

Regards,

Ken

I think they would offer a money back guarantee because the course I attended had optional payment, that is no requirement to pay unless you wanted. I didn't pay and dropped half-way and spent the rest of the time as a tourist but it wasn't worth it because of all the costs and arrangements just to be there.

I didn't know much at that time, Wong Kiew Kit is one of those more net-popular masters because of his site and books. Now I know that there are many other masters in Malaysia who also migrated from china (just like what happend in Taiwan).

So you can only say that you had a bad experience because you didnt think the exercises were benificial and you decided that after being through half of the seminar youd leave so you cant complain about the full experience. You may have had something different to say had you stayed for all of it.

Not starting an arguement, making an observation. Peace

So you can only say that you had a bad experience because you didnt think the exercises were benificial and you decided that after being through half of the seminar youd leave so you cant complain about the full experience. You may have had something different to say had you stayed for all of it.

Not starting an arguement, making an observation. Peace

During that course we walked around as a warm up then did lifting the sky and carrying the moon several times around 20-30 I think then we ended with quiet standing at the end, some had spontaneous movements it seemed, Wong also talked and lectured. and we did that for 2 sessions a day 2 hours each session, morning and evening. I attended 2 days out of 3. But the 3rd day I saw them from the hotel window doing the same thing.

For me those exercises were limited and not very beneficial. perhaps the course was not for me to begin with but I decided to attend after reading his site and course description, I cannot make an accurate judgment unless I formally study with him for longer which wasn't an option for me.

My impression was that the instruction was a bit lacking, but I don't blame him when there is 60-70 people from around the world attending the course. The tours felt unnecessary for me and added hecticness to my stay, and I didn't like the food there because it was too spicy, MSG and sodium levels were probably over 9000. But I really liked the coconut stands which are abundant and cheap. The problem was the supposed charge of 1000 euros, it's a good thing that it is by satisfaction only, I appreciate Wong's arrangement in that regard.

This is about the "intensive chi kung course" not "18 lohan hands qigong". That I am showing different versions here does not mean that his is fake. That I had a negative experience does not mean that he is fake.

What worked for me was kunlun and hand seals. I might make videos of them later.

@Baguakid

If you attend would you please tell us if the movements are the same as in Garcias version? also tell how the course was.

Edited by Desert Eagle

During that course we walked around as a warm up then did lifting the sky and carrying the moon several times around 20-30 I think then we ended with quiet standing at the end, some had spontaneous movements it seemed, Wong also talked and lectured. and we did that for 2 sessions a day 2 hours each session, morning and evening. I attended 2 days out of 3. But the 3rd day I saw them from the hotel window doing the same thing.

For me those exercises were limited and not very beneficial. perhaps the course was not for me to begin with but I decided to attend after reading his site and course description, I cannot make an accurate judgment unless I formally study with him for longer which wasn't an option for me.

My impression was that the instruction was a bit lacking, but I don't blame him when there is 60-70 people from around the world attending the course. The tours felt unnecessary for me and added hecticness to my stay, and I didn't like the food there because it was too spicy, MSG and sodium levels were probably over 9000. But I really liked the coconut stands which are abundant and cheap. The problem was the supposed charge of 1000 euros, it's a good thing that it is by satisfaction only, I appreciate Wong's arrangement in that regard.

This is about the "intensive chi kung course" not "18 lohan hands qigong". That I am showing different versions here does not mean that his is fake. That I had a negative experience does not mean that he is fake.

@Baguakid

If you attend would you please tell us if the movements are the same as in Garcias version? also tell how the course was.

I'm just thinking that there is a possibility that you missed out on the meat of the seminar.

Lifting the sky and carrying the moon are best parts of Shaolin Cosmos Qigong . Doing it for several months can change your health dramatically. At least that's what is my experience with Shaolin Wahnam Cosmos Qigong.

It just need daily practice dedication. You can ask more at his forum. (http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/)

Great day to you all!

I went to the Shaolin Wahnam summer camp in July and had three courses there. Overall the experience was definately positive and I benefited much from it. The excercises and the ideas behind them I found proper and good, and they are all simple. So simple that somebody might feel getting ripped off (SW courses tend to be a bit expensive), but I didn't. OTOH, I'm not sure if I would pay ALL that money again (especially with that very interesting looking KAP program around . . . ) but then, that's not how it goes, really :) I DO know more now.

If you have more questions, then do ask..

Well, I'm thinking I'm not going to go. The reason is it looks a little basic compared to what I've already learned and am learning. The reason I was interested is material I could teach others I met down the line but I think given the cost I'll pass this time.

Lifting the sky and carrying the moon are best parts of Shaolin Cosmos Qigong . Doing it for several months can change your health dramatically.

G'day.

I was practicing them, very enjoyable. I recently stopped to do another course where funny enough one of the chi gungs is like lifting the sky

Did you learn them from the book/web or seminar?

For me those exercises were limited and not very beneficial. perhaps the course was not for me to begin with

I'm just thinking that there is a possibility that you missed out on the meat of the seminar.

I forgot to mention that I had health problems then and that I was too yang so the exercises felt like a chore and I got ill afterwards, I had better experiences with slow movements and stillness.

Edited by Desert Eagle

This set looks completely different from what I practice. Some of the techniques look a lot like 8 brocades...

It only looks like basic calisthenics brocades but as far as i know it is quite advanced level. There are 18 lohan hands and 18 lohan art plus iron wire and bone nourishing. I am interested myself. More info is here

http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10646

It is based on spontaneous chi flow. What is another case from calisthenics of brocades

There are five levels of energy flow: at the levels of the skin, the flesh, the meridians, the organs and the bone marrow. Bone Marrow Cleansing works at the highest level.

We should note that “bone marrow” in this context does not refer literally to bone marrow only. It includes the nervous system and the brain. Hence, Bone Marrow Cleansing is clean sing the whole nervous system.

Bone Marrow Cleansing belongs to the highest level because energy flowing along the bone marrow or nerves is the highest level of a practitioners normal energy flow development. When he first generates an energy flow, it flows at his skin level. He may feel as if insects crawling over his skin.

The the energy soaks into his flesh, making him charged with energy. Then he progresses to energy flowing in his meridians, overcoming illness and giving him good health. At the next level, energy flows into his organs, giving him vitality and longevity. At the highest level, energy flows in his bone marrows, giving him mental clarity and spiritual joys.