billb

whole foods chocolate 99% vs raw cacao beans

I went to whole foods to get raw cacao beans and they did not have it but had there own block of 99% chocolate and I am assuming this is not raw. Will I still get all the benefits of raw cacao beans without the enzymes. There is no sugar added and I can get enzymes from my other raw foods. It is very bitter but I will dip it in raw honey.

That sounds really great.

Just what it's all about, the greatest ingredients. not like chocolate that's mostly sugar, i guess there's almost no health in that, but with this .... i bet it tastes great and isn't bad in any way.

I'll contribute something also by telling that i melt my chocolate and add nuts, dried goji berries and dried pineapple to it. Then i let it cool down and break it into chunks and then in the refrigerator.

I like it so much more to make everything healthy and taste even better!

I also looked for raw chocolate at whole foods - didn't have any - it's very rare because companies all cook and process cacao beans.

I did meet a woman at kunlun who makes a special kind of raw chocolate which has a very high vibration. You can just feel it by holding the bar of chocolate, and eating a piece is pretty amazing and seems to have remarkable adaptogen and healing capabilities . I wonder if there are other high vibrational foods.

Here's her website

www.thefourthjaguar.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pws-HkZ0jyw

My local herbalist sells raw cocoa beans. They taste VERY different than processed cocoa powder, almost like really cheap chocolate liquor. For what it's worth, when they turn beans into powder they take out basically all of the fat (cocoa butter -- great for your skin, bad for your arteries :lol: ), but then alter it *somehow* to make it taste less bitter and look the right color.

I have made 3 or 4 orders with this site for various things; they always get me my order quickly, and they even throw in extra sometimes! No kidding, I got four times as much as what I paid for one time, and twice as much of something else the next time.

http://www.shamansgarden.com/p-19-chocolat...acao-chips.aspx

Edit: forgot link :rolleyes:

Edited by JackSquat

I wonder if there are other high vibrational foods.

Most foods produced using the Biodynamic method will be very energetically charged. Biodynamics is about as close to "spiritual" farming as it gets. It was originated in the mind of Rudolf Steiner. Ask your local coop to carry it. Marian Farms, out of Southern California, is one grower. Another is Beck Grove, they mainly do citrus and sub-tropicals. Their Pixie tangerines are unbelievable, usually available in Jan. or Feb.

And Whole Foods does carry raw cacao. I have not seen whole beans but bags of cacao "nibs". And a mixture that I have enjoyed, cacao nibs with Hunza raisins.

I'll find out in my health food store whether the 100% natural raw chocolate they sell is what it claims to be or not. I need something like that after my grueling Ba Gua workouts.

Cheers.

Very easy to mail order raw cacao powder. It's not the same thing to use a high heated product and take extra enzymes.

Just dipping bitter chocolate into honey is a bit intense! I like my simple recipe for chocolate, using virgin coconut oil so you get the health benefits of that too.

A good source for chocolate and chocolate nibs is thespicehouse.com . They have a wide variety of spices, exotic salts, you name it.

I've made Karen's Chocolate fudge. Very simple, very tasty, very healthy.

Michael