YMWong

Early Quanzhen Daoist Views on the Causes of Disease and Death

If we take two steps backward and get a better look at the difference in the cultural setting, I think this whole daoist discussion could go up to another level.

I think we are all kind of aware of this difference, but I don't know how many of us can see that it cannot be surpassed only by wishing so.

Also am refering to cultural settings more like in different ways the human mind could work. I mean many of us want to "be" daoist, but this is only a thin layer that covers centuries of western-style mind and heart programming...

Any thoughts?

L1

i find it interesting that they attempted to stop menstruation through being malnourished (a diet of fruits and water?) i thought that the yoni-egg exercises supposedly helped stop menstruation?

Good text and it again show how Quanzhen looked like in formation stage and how it is now.

I dont know why Wang Chongyang didnt worked this regimen himself because he die ill in agony in his 58 year.Or he worked but method didnt worked?

It is clear that when he die his disciples as group dispersed and all of them started separate schools with so diferent teachings.

We also see Buddhism as influencing source for monasticism and way of life not practiced by early Daoist.

Again drinking alcohol is mentioned and even in footnote some additional info.Young Arkady is like to read this because on privious topic he didnt belived that Wang and Ma drink much alcohol.Here we have funny excuse that only Masters and Xian can drink but novice and disciples can not.This is probably the same with sex as topic,because we have Lu Dong Bin who visit harlots and give them elixir and pair cultivation but Quanzhen monk is prohibited because sex is option only for high masters and Xians.How strange.....

Ormus

Edited by Ormus