Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Child vs Old man posture

I started reading a book today called Somatics that discusses this very topic. The myth of aging. As much as all the "taoists" want it to have to do with "lack of energy", according to Somatics, (and I think I agree, I'll add some posts after a few weeks of practicing the exercises) its BS. What happens is accumulated muscle tension pulls the body (spine) out of balance and the continually flexed muscles consume lots of energy. Hence the outward results of "old age" namely: poor posture and lack of energy.

Thanks Charlie (DaoWaDiddy) for the recommendation.

Link to book at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073...0102679-2755007

very interesting

5863[/snapback]

I actually did a weekend thing with this Ahn guy and I wouldn't but alot of weight in this idea.....but thats my opinion.

I suspect he has mixed this up with opening ming men which could be mistakenly and ineffectively done this way I guess.

interesting, so what did you get out of the weekend seminar?

5948[/snapback]

I wan't to stick to positive things so the greatest thing about that whole thing was pushing hands with one of his students.... its always enlightening to push hands with people from different schools.

I wan't to stick to positive things so the greatest thing about that whole thing was pushing hands with one of his students.... its always enlightening to push hands with people from different schools.

5953[/snapback]

Being in Connecticut I am pretty close to his school. I noticed on AHn's website they got a video on iron shirt and many other interesting things. But is this dude a hoax?

Being in Connecticut I am pretty close to his school. I noticed on AHn's website they got a video on iron shirt and many other interesting things.  But is this dude a hoax?

5958[/snapback]

he is a Cheng Man-Ch'ing guy.... to me that says it right there but if you like that style maybe hes alright.... if you want a full report pm me because i don't want to just go off and bad mouth the guy here onna public forum.

Sign in to follow this