Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire

Energy Work and Family

I'm curious to know how many people practice energy work and still live at home with their

parents and family. I find it quite challenging actually. The energy seems to bring

forward many emotional issues (anger, fear, trauma) towards family. I know that we must

be extra kind to our family members, but it is very difficult when one is biased to family.

For myself, I seem to harbor negative feelings against my family. My mind wants to blame

them for my problems, although I try to objectify it is wrong. For example, I keep

telling myself that I can't blame them for what happened to me in the past. Its not there fault. They

didn't know better. They couldn't have known. Yet, when the energy rises, the feelings

of negativity increase. I think some problems become biochemical and its not that easy to say things

and expect it to be cured. I don't want to hurt my family in anyway. Energy is energy. I can either project positive or negative. Sometimes when the thoughts arise, I think negative energy is being projected. I believe they can feel it. But during these times, its very difficult to be positive.

Could their energies be effecting me since I'm more sensitive now also?

How many people have had to move out to live by themselves because energy work?

I'm curious to know how many people practice energy work and still live at home with their

parents and family.

My dad is generally pretty accepting towards my practices. He's cool to leave me alone for a couple days if I am releasing something and am not in a social mood. He thinks it's weird though. I showed him the Kunlun trailer and he was in disbelief. He says, "Whatever helps you son. It's obviously working, so go for it." Now, he's freaked out because he felt the house shaking and my screaming/laughing during my Kunlun sessions. :lol:

I find it quite challenging actually. The energy seems to bring

forward many emotional issues (anger, fear, trauma) towards family.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just unintentionally stirred the pot when my dad got home from work. Long story short, usually I'm not as honest about how I feel. I was honest to the point of pissing my dad off. I was clearly coming from ego, so I apologized, but in the end, I'm glad it happened because I became aware of another one of my egoic patterns. So, instead of repressing around my dad I'm more expressive. This can cause all sorts of shit to happen, but I know when to go for a walk or my room to let things cool down.

I know that we must be extra kind to our family members

Why?

Could their energies be effecting me since I'm more sensitive now also?

This has been the case with me. Before I even saw or heard my dad... as he was walking up the steps to my front door, I felt my body get angry and unsettled. I had no reason why. After asking my dad a couple questions, I realized I was feeling his energy.

I recall Mantra68 saying how a lot of people are "oozing shit energy" all the time and that when you are more open, you feel other's crap more easily.

How many people have had to move out to live by themselves because energy work?

Not yet. :lol:

Emotional issues arising is normal. Difficult, sometimes very difficult, to deal with, but normal and I would say important. In the past you have repressed them-we all do-but that does not make them go away. Now is a chance to let them go and be free of them.

Try this approach for letting go of feelings. It has worked for me and many other people.

Find a quiet time and place so you are not being disturbed.

Think of a person or situation that has troubled you. Let yourself feel whatever arises. Don't try and force anything, just let things come as they will.

Allow your feelings to be, without trying to label them right or wrong. Just allow them. You have them and it is OK.

Now can you let them go? No attachment. Just let them rise up and let them go. Yes or no is OK.

Will you let these feelings go? Again, yes or no is OK. Don't try to analyse, just yes or no as you feel is OK.

When? Now, never, later, is OK. Whatever you feel.

How do you feel now? Maybe a bit lighter?

Go through the questions again until you feel you have let go as much as you can. What you have let go of is gone for good. Over time, you may encounter extra layers of feelings. Just acknowledge them and let them go.

Sometimes this can be an easy process, sometimes it can feel very painful, as we acknowledge and let go of the feelings we have repressed inside of us. There may be tears, and that is good, very good. Don't hold back, don't push down. Let it out. The western macho idea that men crying is bad is a nonsense. The Greek hero's cried and sword to sword battle is about as 'macho' as it can get.

Love and compassion are, for me, the most wonderful and precious feelings we can have. Whatever has happened, it is OK to have love and compassion not just for others, but for yourself also. Having love and compassion for yourself maybe the most important step of all.

If you have questions or I can be of any more help let me know.

Best,

Mike

P.S. The method of letting go of feelings, or 'releasing', comes from the Sedona Method.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...5&hl=sedona

I will try these methods. I need whatever methods work. When no thoughts are arising from my family, things are ok, but when they come up, wow... the negativity is doubled. Just being around other family members stirs up thoughts sometimes. I find it difficult enough dealing with the extra energy, but to have to deal with the extra negativity I have against my family is tough. If there was no negativity, no harboring negative feelings, things should be good, but I believe most families have negative feelings for each other, because not everybody is where they want to be or feel what they want.

Father and son may have issues...

Mother and daughter may have issues...

Brother and sisters may have issues...

Growing pains...

My dad is generally pretty accepting towards my practices. He's cool to leave me alone for a couple days if I am releasing something and am not in a social mood. He thinks it's weird though. I showed him the Kunlun trailer and he was in disbelief. He says, "Whatever helps you son. It's obviously working, so go for it." Now, he's freaked out because he felt the house shaking and my screaming/laughing during my Kunlun sessions. :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just unintentionally stirred the pot when my dad got home from work. Long story short, usually I'm not as honest about how I feel. I was honest to the point of pissing my dad off. I was clearly coming from ego, so I apologized, but in the end, I'm glad it happened because I became aware of another one of my egoic patterns. So, instead of repressing around my dad I'm more expressive. This can cause all sorts of shit to happen, but I know when to go for a walk or my room to let things cool down.

Why?

This has been the case with me. Before I even saw or heard my dad... as he was walking up the steps to my front door, I felt my body get angry and unsettled. I had no reason why. After asking my dad a couple questions, I realized I was feeling his energy.

I recall Mantra68 saying how a lot of people are "oozing shit energy" all the time and that when you are more open, you feel other's crap more easily.

Not yet. :lol:

You are lucky to be able to talk to your father about this. I can't. My father knows I'm different. He even told me to stay away from the buddhist monks and don't get talked into anything foolish liking being a monk when I was in asia. He wants me to be successful in business, since that is what he does. I'm not concerned with wealth, just enough to live comfortably. No need for the bmw, or the 3000 sq. ft home.

I told my sister, but it ended up backfiring on me. I talked to a friend who is a mystic and he says to keep everything to myself. People will not understand.

With the extra energy I have, some days are a roller coaster and I don't want to talk to anybody.

I love my family, but energy work at home is difficult.

You are lucky to be able to talk to your father about this. I can't. My father knows I'm different. He even told me to stay away from the buddhist monks and don't get talked into anything foolish liking being a monk when I was in asia. He wants me to be successful in business, since that is what he does. I'm not concerned with wealth, just enough to live comfortably. No need for the bmw, or the 3000 sq. ft home.

I told my sister, but it ended up backfiring on me. I talked to a friend who is a mystic and he says to keep everything to myself. People will not understand.

With the extra energy I have, some days are a roller coaster and I don't want to talk to anybody.

I love my family, but energy work at home is difficult.

I can't talk to my dad about it either. I can practice and he's okay with it, but talking about it? Forget it. He just doesn't understand.

Don't you just love the constant unsolicited advice from parents. :rolleyes:

My mom and bro are worse to talk with about this stuff. My face just tightened up a little from the thought...

If I were to talk with one of you guys for an hour, you would probably understand me better than my family or anyone I know in person. This is one of the sucky things about awakening... your social life is just never the same after you bite the apple. I find it very difficult to find people who understand me; however, I'm getting more comfortable with being a loner these days. It's nice not having the drama. Ok ok... I digress - the Starman thread did add some spice to the forum. I'm still a drama addict. :lol:

Edited by ddilulo_06

Don't live at home now, but when I practiced at home in the past I'd also feel some negative feelings arise. My parents/family didn't know I practiced it. They just think I got a few books on it but didn't follow through on it... what they don't know is that I started really getting into it, they just don't see me :lol:

I don't lie about what I do. I just don't go around broadcasting it either. Some people are open to the idea, other people are willing to try it themselves, others are okay to let it happen around them, while others are staunchly opposed and are pretty viciously against it...

I don't know what your environment is though, but in general, discounting the parents' views on meditation, I find that lots of emotions from "the past" come up during meditation... a lot.

We typically incarnate into family settings amongst our soul groups to challenge us on particular issues that we need to resolve. That's why every family has its inner conflicts. Because we push each others' buttons by design.

So, one of the first tasks in your path then is confronting and resolving those issues. Working through these real-life issues is integral, not incidental, to your spiritual progress. (And btw, I don't mean you have to openly confront people, but within yourself at least. I use ThetaHealing, but I'm sure the Sedona Method and other release techniques are similarly applicable.)

Anyhow, I've spent the last year doing that and have released a lot of resentments and recently mended a lot of fences amongst my immediate family. It feels really good and I am in a much better place now, as is my family. Now, I'm resolving more conflicts from past lives...

As far as talking about this spiritual stuff, I agree - proceed with caution. I only try to say as much now as I think someone can handle. Otherwise, they just write me off as a nutcase and tend to reject the messenger right along with the message...

Edited by vortex

Yep that about sums it up! ;)

This is my problem. I know that practising at home is not a good idea, especially if you

have negative emotions. Most people do. Its natural to have them growing up. So much

crap we are put through. I also have negative emotions because my father did not want

me to practice buddhism. Today when I was around him helping him out, I can sense my

energy was affecting him. I don't think it was good energy I was projecting either. Most

of the time I just try to avoid my family. Parents just don't understand. They are parents.

Thats what they are supposed to be. They can't be parents, your confidant, and your

psychologists. I can't change something that is so engrained in me. Its probably in

my genetic makeup since they are my biological parents. There has to be a psychological

connection as well, since I am half my dad.

I feel really bad being at home. I don't like to project negative energy, but I know I'm doing

it sometimes because the emotions are not healed. I'm not sure they can ever be healed

until I am enlightened. I've heard of masters who could not even heal their family because

they had unresolved emotions.

i practice while living at home

a affirmation that i have found that helps is

I focus exclusively on what i want and allow others to do the same.

repeat it whenever you find yourself focusing on anything other than your "Bliss"

All in all the situation is only as horrible or blissful as your attitude towards it.

practicing at home may not be as peaceful as practicing in the woods at first, but it puts you face to face with your own obstacles to enlightenment. It can speed up the process to that end.

It is possible that you are prepetuating the negativity by viewing it as negativity. When negative thoughts about your parents arise use the following affirmation.

My relationship with my parents is peaceful and loving.

what you focus on expands. Try being deliberate with your attention instead of doing the default of viewing your surroundings.

affirmations used throughout the day to focus your awareness helps a lot. And it takes very little time. just a few seconds here and there.

:)

I also have negative emotions because my father did not want me to practice buddhism. Today when I was around him helping him out, I can sense my energy was affecting him. I don't think it was good energy I was projecting either.

All religions understand loving-kindness, compassion and virtue. Your father doesn't need to know what you believe, but your father will see how you act. Act according to your beliefs, my friend. Become congruent. Selflessness is, arguably, the highest path.

Joy,

Peace,

Give,

Forgive,

Love.

They can't be parents, your confidant, and your psychologists. I can't change something that is so engrained in me. Its probably in my genetic makeup since they are my biological parents. There has to be a psychological connection as well, since I am half my dad.

Holding those beliefs will perpetuate that state. Detach; unlearn; cleanse.

Yours in companionship,

James

Sign in to follow this