kunlunountains

Wild Goose Qigong Classes

:D Hello I recently found this website during some searches. It is good to find an environment with so many people studying so many different things.

I am starting a new Wild Goose Qigong Class in Seattle

University Heights Community Center

5130 University Way NE

Seattle

Begins November 5th, 2008 Wednesday nights 7:00-8:00pm

For more information visit

http://www.teachstreet.com/seattle-wa/qigo...g/cl-24fr8tfgbk

or for general info, visit www.qimagazine.com

Anxi Tie Guan Yin , anyone? Gong fu cha for all

Edited by kunlunountains

Bo li cha- Puerrh Cha? cantonese-mandarin

Though I do not have a great affinity for puerrh cha, I was fortunate to find some very high quality Puerrh while in Chengdu. I drink it infrequently, as it is 11+years old and not easy to acquire. I prefer it Gong Fu style in a gai wan, as opposed to a Gong fu pot.

Bao zhongs are nice

But my favorites are the Fall picked, lightly oxidized(3-7%) Tie Guan Yins from Anxi Fujian Province

We are lucky that the Monks had so much extra time that they decided to develop and cultivate tea.

Anything to stay awake during those long meditations, Eh?

Tea was probably one of the rare items that Yan di consumed that was not poison! :P

Drink tea and be merry

I drink Iron Goddess tea all the time as well Herng Ping Cha, Bola Cha (spelling)!

YUM

Edited by kunlunountains

Hello Kunlunountains!

I have been wondering a long time about the connection between Soaring Crane, Wild Goose and Xing Shen Zhuang.

What I read somewere online was that Pang He Ming created xing shen zhuang to correct some unwanted effects from soaring crane qigong.

Do you know anything about this? What would you say is the difference between these three qigongs?

i don't know if there is any relationship between wild goose qi gong and soaring crane qi gong.

i have practiced soaring crane before-

the main practice is 5 separate sections of movement exercises

and a final section with standing meditation

i also read that the soaring crane was abandoned by the founder and he founded a new style-

when i researched this several years ago i could find very little information on the internet-

if i remember the very little bit that i did find was something very small like he changed a hand position- something like as the hands sweep downward the palm no longer points to the head but instead downward

to me it seemed like a small matter/change

and made me think there might be more to the story

also i know several people that are long time practitioners of soaring crane and never any problems

this qi gong set was taught at the acupuncture college that i attended

and if you search the net it seems many others are still teaching it...

i found some videos of the 5 sections that are pretty close to what i learned

i really also don't know much about Xing Shen Zhuang but this page shows some exercises that are very similar to the ones found within the 5 sets of soaring crane

http://www.zhinengqigong.org/Methods/level2.htm

it was my understanding that the soaring crane qi gong was a modern form

while the wild goose was a very old one...

here are the vids of the 5 sections

section 1

GaNw1SiGO5I

section 2

24fW9IWqmX0

section 3

2H-zpxUhP4Q

section 4

yK4zfi3-_kQ

section 5

7Ou8cTkTQLg

franklin

edit-

just found a video of the first 64 moves of wild goose qi gong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOodABEfe_w

to me it looks like some moves at least in the very beginning are very similar to some in the soaring crane sets

interested in hearing more about wild goose:

curriculum and methods

and good luck with your classes

Edited by Franklin

Sheng Zhen,

Hello. As Franklin said, Soaring Crane and Dayan/Wild Goose Qigongs have no official relationship as Soaring Crane was created in the 1970's and Wild Goose Qigong was created during the Jin Dynasty some 1800 years ago. Though I am unfamiliar with the work of Pang He Ming, I can only deduce, given Xing Shen Zhuang's pinyin name(without the tones possible Skill or Clear Spirit Standing), that his work consisted of many standing postures(Please correct me if I am inaccurate in my thoughts) Wild Goose Qigong is a system that consists of 72 forms or healing methods and has been popular in China since Yang Mei Jun made it publicly available. Franklin's mention of the similarities found in the 1st 64 and Soaring Crane is not suprising since, Qigong systems with long histories are often chosen for borrowing information. This is evident in the videos that Franklin posted, eventhough the 1st 64 movement is not very clear. We saw this again in Falun Gong in its borrowing of old Buddhist qigong exercises, though it did not give credit where credit was due, and we will continue to see this 'borrowing' in 'new qigong' systems as they are born.

Though I feel as if I may have not answered your question, I only study Wild Goose Qigong and so I am not able to offer a more educated answer :D

When in doubt, stand for a while and all is clear :D

Best regards

Kunlun shan

Hello Kunlunountains!

I have been wondering a long time about the connection between Soaring Crane, Wild Goose and Xing Shen Zhuang.

What I read somewere online was that Pang He Ming created xing shen zhuang to correct some unwanted effects from soaring crane qigong.

Do you know anything about this? What would you say is the difference between these three qigongs?

Sheng Zhen,

Edited by kunlunountains