Spirit Ape

Kunlun Book 1 levels 1

Ok, without any arguing or bad mouthing has anyone done level 1 of Kunlun without the transmission for along time i mean around 1 year for a basic understanding. Just the Level 1 heels raised holding the ball posture no red phoenix or anything else to juice it up?

The reason i ask this is because once someone goes to the seminar and gets the transmission they will never know the differences especially if they havent been doing it for along time. It seems like most have got a transmission after a few months and havent done KL 1 for a "Huge" amount of time.

Any comments appreciated, no flaming please!!

Spirit Ape

Where's the popcorn emoticon when you need it?

EDIT: Screw it:

49105mainpopcorniv6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Okay... proceed. :D

Edited by ddilulo_06

O.k. I might have "juiced" mine a tiny bit but I have been doing K1 for a year from the book.

It's a great meditation, really peaceful and enjoyable. But I feel (personal opinion) that I'm not putting in enough practice time and unless I actually follow the instructions in the book (1h20m everyday and do 100 days) I won't be able to progress much further with Kunlun.

I just have not been successful putting aside that amount of time for meditation everyday. And what I find is after a day or two without practicing 40 min will feel like "enough", 1 hour the next day and then 1 hour 20min.

There has been progress, back when I started 20 min would feel like enough. But I just get the feeling that at least 1:20 of K1 EVERY day is necessary (bare minimum ?) if you want similar results to the seminar participants.

O.k. I might have "juiced" mine a tiny bit but I have been doing K1 for a year from the book.

It's a great meditation, really peaceful and enjoyable. But I feel (personal opinion) that I'm not putting in enough practice time and unless I actually follow the instructions in the book (1h20m everyday and do 100 days) I won't be able to progress much further with Kunlun.

I just have not been successful putting aside that amount of time for meditation everyday. And what I find is after a day or two without practicing 40 min will feel like "enough", 1 hour the next day and then 1 hour 20min.

There has been progress, back when I started 20 min would feel like enough. But I just get the feeling that at least 1:20 of K1 EVERY day is necessary (bare minimum ?) if you want similar results to the seminar participants.

Hey bro,

You could do it for 5 minutes and get the full benefit, if you do it right. The key is to surrender to the harmony frequency that is the foundation of all things.

Feeling takes you through it. It is the essence of the smile. If you can smile and let yourself FEEL the smile in your heart, you are there.

Empty in scintillating, subtle bliss.

Cheers!

Chris

Hi Mal,

Thanks for posting this is or was a serious question in regards transmission vs non for K1 as im trying to see what differences you would get by just doing K1 only nothing else.

Mantra,

How did you start your K1 did you just jump straight into transmission and RP with K1 or did you do 5 element standing before it?

thanks in advance!

Ape

Hey bro,

You could do it for 5 minutes and get the full benefit, if you do it right. The key is to surrender to the harmony frequency that is the foundation of all things.

Feeling takes you through it. It is the essence of the smile. If you can smile and let yourself FEEL the smile in your heart, you are there.

Cheers!

Chris

this seems to describe my experience with kunlun

though i still cant boil water with my crown chakra, it is a bit hotter than other places though

The boiling doesn't happen because of heat. Having a hot head is the opposite direction of the kunlun flow.

This is very helpful, although quite advanced. :lol:

Never heard that Kunlun boils water on there crown, i do know or heard that the Hawwaiian practices used to or could or still can though?

Ape,

The book itself carries a transmission of sorts. The words and photos can give you a boost in their own way that helps your practice.

Stare at one of the photos for a while and you might see what I am talking about.

Max wants people to get the most out of the book since he will probably only be teaching publicly for a short time. He wants to get these practices out there and then go into retreat and live a simple life.

Anyway, standing is always good for building energy prior to doing Kunlun.

Thanks Chris, i guess im looking to see what K1 achieves without transmission or Red Phoenix, has Max ever mentioned how far he took level 1 before adding his RD to it?

Yoda,

also thanks i will give that site a read , cheers!

Ape

Max wants people to get the most out of the book since he will probably only be teaching publicly for a short time. He wants to get these practices out there and then go into retreat and live a simple life.

Hi Chris,

I'm working now so I could come to the next Europe tour, will Max be in the next Europe tour?

It's been months now that I really wish to see him... it is really important to me.

Please let me know :)

Thank you,

ToL

Thanks Chris, i guess im looking to see what K1 achieves without transmission or Red Phoenix, has Max ever mentioned how far he took level 1 before adding his RD to it?

Yoda,

also thanks i will give that site a read , cheers!

Ape

Max already had red phoenix by the time he shared practices with Jenny. I personally have done the practice almost exclusively for 7 years.

Here is what you need to understand:

"Kunlun" and red phoenix have been around for a long time. They used to be used together as the two essential practices for attaining Gold Dragon body.

The school split at one point and the practices were seperated. Now they are back together and here is why:

Kunlun opens the energy. Red Phoenix controls the energy. This is the merging of the bliss from kunlun and the emptiness from Red Phoenix.

When you attain the empty bliss state, there is not much more you could want, except to share it.

Damn man, you really know how to sell it! :D Ok, so Red Phoenix being Maoshan and spontaneous from Jennys teacher are you saying it was also Maoshan? If so that is pure fate that both these 2 arts have come back together!

Im now seeing what you are saying about Max and how its all put together!

Ape:)

Damn man, you really know how to sell it! :D Ok, so Red Phoenix being Maoshan and spontaneous from Jennys teacher are you saying it was also Maoshan? If so that is pure fate that both these 2 arts have come back together!

Im now seeing what you are saying about Max and how its all put together!

Ape:)

My attempts to clarify your confusion about all of this are sincere. Please don't cheapen the answers I give you by referring to them as "selling". It is quite rude.

There is much to this story that has yet to be revealed. It goes back to shamanism and before. Again, history doesn't matter much when you are actually practicing. Understanding what the practices are doing energetically in the body is the important thing because that is personal.

Yes you can practice K1 while listening to music (as long as the music isn't super aggressive) or while watching TV.

I thought that Spirit Ape said that in a lighthearted spirit.

Yes you can practice K1 while listening to music (as long as the music isn't super aggressive) or while watching TV.

I thought that Spirit Ape said that in a lighthearted spirit.

Ive done it in college classes :D

Listening to mantra chanting in the background

I like listening to nature sounds like rain too

of course sometimes listening to people being noisy in your own house/outside/in your mind and coming to terms with the beauty of it can be good for you too :)

i also think spirit ape was joking. It can sometimes be difficult tocommunicate effectively over internet posting. It cuts out most nonverbal communication (except smileys :P ). when the human element is taken out of communication it can be hard to remember that we are dealing with humans.

maybe mantra68 was also speaking in a lighthearted spirit. ^_^

Let me get this straight my answer to chris is saying he has a good vocab that makes it feel to me he was sincere and selling isnt what i mean it was saying he can really explain it well i was sold, "GET IT"!?

So Rog blow it out your ass read into it like you want to it wasnt an attack!!!! :angry:

Like Dildeo says "Yeah, I took it like... "Wow Mantra, you really know how to express what Kunlun can do very well!"

GET IT NOW???

IT WASNT AN ATTACK......

Does anybody practice Kunlun Level one listening to music (meditation music)?

It helps to listen to music that gets you out of your head. One thing they've played at the seminars was a tuvan throat singing song that was really bouncy and fun. So yeah if you're listening to music and you're thinking about a lot of things, in the beginning it'd be useful to find music that constantly stops your thinking.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (older stuff) worked well for me. Because it's fun, funky and interesting.

Also: shakuhachi music has been good for me, because it's bursts of notes and then bursts of silence. So when you start drifting off into thought, all of a sudden a burst of notes will come and shake you out of it. Like a zen master smacking you on the head. ;)

Another thing that I think could work is using one of those sleep brainwave CDs. Some of my best moments come from being in the hypnagogic state (between wakefulness and rest). But I haven't really tried listening to this kind of thing. I did gamma brainwave sounds, and didn't notice much.

And I like Gyuto Monks, or stuff like that.

I took your post to be an exuberant spirit

don't let words turn your :lol: to :angry:

i have practiced KL1 for almost exactly 6 months no seminar with less devotion than it merits so average 30mins inc. purifying and closedown (in the early days definitely not enough closedown :blink::blink::blink: ) maybe 4 times a week average, though cycle through lots to none. I could write a really long post about third eye experiences/increasing understanding that I attribute to my kunlun practice but I think more relevant to your original question and Mr Chris's reply, my experience of what I would call bliss. 3 or 4 days into my practice, for what felt like less than a second. The memory is almost more of the realising and returning than of it itself though something lingers. It felt like falling into surrender full of innocent wonder, whilst at the same time all knowing.

So what Chris said. It's there, all you have to do is accept it (?).

Please see my sig-line for disclaimer -

I have not been practicing anything taoist long. I felt a similar state once when practicing mindfulness of breathing, I wondered at the time if it was enlightment :lol:

If it takes me a life time of whatever practice I will be returning

happy halloween!!!!! [pumpkin]

peace x

Thanks I am Sam, i know what you mean i do a stillness / emptiness meditation where i seem to feel as if im falling or collapsing within myself or should i say returning?? Its an amazing feeling what i have got from K1 is body boucing and my spine whiplashing effects, muscles in my arms moving like snakes inside as well up the legs. I have vomited once but Mantra said its purging!

Anyway have a good one!

Ape

Like Dildeo says

:angry: WTF DUDE... ARE YOU ATTACKING ME NOW!?!? FUCK... IT'S PRONOUNCED "Dee-loo-low" Dilulo

PRICK. :rolleyes:

LET ME MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR:

I am joking. We're cool Ape Man. :P

Edited by ddilulo_06