Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

excess fire

It is interesting to notice how much more crime there is in Tucson every summer. I think this is directly traceable to the weather patterns.

For example, we had one of the hottest weekends ever, and there were four homicides (unrelated) in a three-day period.

So then the police deployed about forty more officers, who recovered SEVEN handguns and made more than a dozen arrests over one weekend.

Anybody noticed anything like this? My friend's wife is a psychiatrist and says people are much more manic in the summer, and just in Tucson in general. She had a practice in Washington state and people were more depressed over there. Interesting huh?

So next time someone holds a gun to my head, I'll say, "No no no, really what you need is a piece of fruit!" :)

I am replying to myself, ha ha. More on this:

I wonder how the anxiety and restlessness affects the heart and pericardium/heart protector/heart governor meridians... Like if the heart protector is supposed to govern who gets to see the heart, and the heart protector gives out, who knows what will get in....

I just did all this research on this for a friend now you get to read the fruits of my labor... ;)

I j ust think it's fascinating both how the heart meridian goes to the eyes and houses the Shen spirit so you can tell the state of someone's spirit by looking at their eyes, and also how people that have heart attacks will describe their pain as tracing the meridian... Also because of the broken heart study published in the New England Journal of Medicine about this "broken heart" condition people can get due to major, sudden emotional stress... Well, I could go on and on about this...

I wrote out a list of dietary suggestions for this paranoid schizo tracker guy I was trying to help once and it was mostly like, no spicy food, lots of bitter food, green tea, anything red (watermelon, tomatoes, red aduki beans, hawthorne berries) and moistening food. Wheat, eggs, milk, pears, cucumbers, eggplant, bitter melon, etc.

Here are the links!

http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/he...lear%5B1%5D.gif

http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/pe...lear%5B1%5D.gif

Lozen,

How is the weather there this summer?

Are you getting summer rains? I had a theory that all the new asphalt and concrete was creating a lot of convection air flow above the city which kept the summer rains out in the Rincons and east.

I lived in Tucson for seventeen years , and decided to get out of there ten years ago. Too many days over 100 degrees. It made me crazy, after all I did outdoor construction there.

But I did start learning Tai chi chuan and qi gong there.

Bill

The weather is insane, I think we had like 37 days of straight 100 degree temperatures. The rains FINALLY came, eventually... Some guy explained it to me, that the Bermuda high has been weaker than normal, hence all of the

rain and weird weather in FL, the hurricanes, etc. Then the high

pressure moved towards the middle, hence Emily. He said we needed tropical storm Eugene to move up to CA or something, haven't been keeping track though.

Where did you do qi gong?

Lozen,

I studied some chi kung with Bill Mistele in the Tucson Blvd park at speedway. He taught Lily Siu's chi kung forms there for free. Then I learned tai chi from Michael Philips in the same park. A group of us brought Chia there a few times in the early eighties.

We used to get lots of serious thunderstorms there all july and august. It was the high point of summer. The poplulation would drop incredibly in the summer as the snow birds left town. I guess there is no difference in that regard now.

Bill

Sign in to follow this