Sign in to follow this  
mantis

bloodline 2008 film

for all you Da Vinci Code fans here this is quite possibly the next big thing there is. the film has interviews with actual people in the Priory of Sion (you can wikipedia that one if you never saw the da vinci code) whom talk about the relics and possibly, the body of mary magdeline. don't want to post any revealing information so... watch it!

http://www.bloodline-themovie.com/

if you don't want to pay for it there are other ways, that i won't mention here

:P

glad you guys enjoyed it

this seems to coincide with those new documents found by nostradamus which allegedly mean that christianity will fall; it was on a history channel documentary :lol:

Edited by mantis

I've always had a problem with this type of stuff just. First off, the bible never says that Jesus was unable to produce children. Secondly, there's no way to prove that the body would be Jesus' anyway. There's no way to link his blood and make sure it's him. It could be some farmer that they threw in there.

well, it's supposed to be the body of mary magdeline not jesus but in a sense you are right. they did some carbon 14 dating on it and it was from the middle east and i believe was from jesus's period. i'm not sure how they'd be able to tell if it was jesus though (there is supposed to be another mummy nearby) but if it was him that'd destroy the entire christian faith since that'd prove he wasn't resurrected.

well, it's supposed to be the body of mary magdeline not jesus but in a sense you are right. they did some carbon 14 dating on it and it was from the middle east and i believe was from jesus's period. i'm not sure how they'd be able to tell if it was jesus though (there is supposed to be another mummy nearby) but if it was him that'd destroy the entire christian faith since that'd prove he wasn't resurrected.

It would most certainly rock the mainstream christianity but I wouldnt go so far as to say it would be destroyed. Jesus certainly had alot of great teachings and what would be nice is if the actual real authentic teachings came out instead of the ones we refer to commonly.

The problem would also be that some would argue that he was resurrected from the dead only to live out a normal earthly body and then pass later. Some would also argue that Jesus bore the sins of humanity and went on the cross for the sacrifice and after that time was up so was the sacrifice so no biggie that he didnt actually die. Others would say it's best to look at the way he lived, not the way he died.

I'm pretty sure that christianity, (mainstream) has it all wrong anyway. I dont doubt that Jesus was real and had many great things to say I do however believe that many of things he said were either covered up, switched around or altogether changed just for the sake of creating a huge system of control.

I'm sure that there are christian groups out there besides the gnostics that believe he didnt die at all and lived out a normal life afterwards.

It would most certainly rock the mainstream christianity but I wouldnt go so far as to say it would be destroyed. Jesus certainly had alot of great teachings and what would be nice is if the actual real authentic teachings came out instead of the ones we refer to commonly.

It wouldn't destroy christianity because there would be enough people who would claim it was fake and just Satan trying to fool the faithful. Just look at all the people who buy into Intelligent Design despite the fact that no ID book or movie can be produced without a number of lies and logical fallacies.

The problem would also be that some would argue that he was resurrected from the dead only to live out a normal earthly body and then pass later. Some would also argue that Jesus bore the sins of humanity and went on the cross for the sacrifice and after that time was up so was the sacrifice so no biggie that he didnt actually die. Others would say it's best to look at the way he lived, not the way he died.

Some might try to spin it that way, but they would have to chop the end of three of the four gospels and a mass of sections from Paul's writings that all refer to the ascension. Not to mention the parts that refer to his return at the end of time.

I'm pretty sure that christianity, (mainstream) has it all wrong anyway. I dont doubt that Jesus was real and had many great things to say I do however believe that many of things he said were either covered up, switched around or altogether changed just for the sake of creating a huge system of control.

Sure, Xtianity has a lot of it wrong. But even the good stuff that Jesus allegedly had to say didn't originate with him. Most of it was teaching that already existed in the Rabbinic or other middle eastern/roman thought.

I'm sure that there are christian groups out there besides the gnostics that believe he didnt die at all and lived out a normal life afterwards.

There are groups, but none of them mainstream. Perhaps the Anglicans could edge that way, and if solid proof could be unearthed (which it can't) then some denominations might try it too, but most of them would just tell their followers to bury their heads in the sand.

It wouldn't destroy christianity because there would be enough people who would claim it was fake and just Satan trying to fool the faithful. Just look at all the people who buy into Intelligent Design despite the fact that no ID book or movie can be produced without a number of lies and logical fallacies.

Some might try to spin it that way, but they would have to chop the end of three of the four gospels and a mass of sections from Paul's writings that all refer to the ascension. Not to mention the parts that refer to his return at the end of time.

Sure, Xtianity has a lot of it wrong. But even the good stuff that Jesus allegedly had to say didn't originate with him. Most of it was teaching that already existed in the Rabbinic or other middle eastern/roman thought.

There are groups, but none of them mainstream. Perhaps the Anglicans could edge that way, and if solid proof could be unearthed (which it can't) then some denominations might try it too, but most of them would just tell their followers to bury their heads in the sand.

In any case, if you dwell on how he died you miss the point. I personally believe that the real Jesus was a great and kind man. Buddha was also a great and kind man.

Not to mention the parts that refer to his return at the end of time.

some will probably claim that this is his return and that it is the end of time

:)

In any case, if you dwell on how he died you miss the point. I personally believe that the real Jesus was a great and kind man. Buddha was also a great and kind man.

Why do you think he was great? Just out of curiosity. If you ignore the resurection theology and assume he was just a teacher what made him special to you?

Why do you think he was great? Just out of curiosity. If you ignore the resurection theology and assume he was just a teacher what made him special to you?

Love one another as I have loved you. His sacrifice. While there is no ignoring that in the gospels, there are some contradictory in them but there's no doubt in my mind that beneath all of that is the story of a real man. Although, I'm not exactly a christian. I do however love Jesus for what he has done and admire his teachings.

Love one another as I have loved you. His sacrifice. While there is no ignoring that in the gospels, there are some contradictory in them but there's no doubt in my mind that beneath all of that is the story of a real man. Although, I'm not exactly a christian. I do however love Jesus for what he has done and admire his teachings.

So just the fact that he taught things that he learned from the Greeks, other pagans and the Talmudic Rabbis makes him great? Please don't take this as an actual arguement, there are some good things in the Judeochristian scriptures (if one avoids taking them literally or as history). As said before, just curiosity.

Also, how do you take his refering to Samaritans as "dogs"?

So just the fact that he taught things that he learned from the Greeks, other pagans and the Talmudic Rabbis makes him great? Please don't take this as an actual arguement, there are some good things in the Judeochristian scriptures (if one avoids taking them literally or as history). As said before, just curiosity.

Also, how do you take his refering to Samaritans as "dogs"?

What makes you think he learned anything from the greeks, pagans and talmudic rabbis? It's rather obvious that he was learning about Judaism in his early years however there is alot of eastern philosophy in his teachings which makes me believe that he traveled around. There are alot of odd things in the bible especially when you look at some of the actual manuscripts. I think it was more of a reference, like an example, I dont think he was actually saying that the Samaritans were dogs. That, if memory serves is in one gospel, not the other three, which clearly shows conflict.

Looks like a fakeumentary

I was thinking the same thing. Especially when that Ben dude who lives in a van and drinks Smirnoff starts finding EVERYTHING. :lol:

well, the artifacts he found where carbon tested and they where authentic, and he said he had been looking for quite some time before finding the artifacts as well.

i suppose there will always be skeptics though

edit: although it may not be apparent at first the documentary was filmed through a ~2 year period, so it's not like he found everything in a weekend

Edited by mantis

Testing the parchment and testing the ink are completely different. Seeing as how getting old paper would be rather easy and writing on it easy aswell. Also, isnt it a bit strange that the paper didnt crack and fall apart. It looked rather fresh, like maybe it was kept somewhere special and then popped in a bottle?

They didnt test everything which is kind of odd.

I'm not debating as to whether or not Jesus got married and started a brady bunch, I dont care, the fakeumentary however is full of shit. No respected, or professional archaeologist wouldve been so careless and down right disrespectful in that situation. He's a fat Indiana Jones. Understand that Indiana Jones is a fictional character.

Yea I neither believe nor disbelieve. Regardless: it was a blast watching this.

Hey you know what, it's like I said, I dont care if Jesus had 9 wives and 30 kids but that thing looked a bit odd didnt it?

It looked too unprofessional to me. Like somebody wanting to cash in.

yeah, making your own documentary about a subject that is more likely to get you laughed at than applauded is the epitome of success. how do you propose i get parchment (and write on it without it falling apart) from the dates shown in the video?

berenger sauniere died in 1917 and assuming he placed the bottles near the end of his life, the paper is 91 years old; is that long enough for it to deteriorate? i'm not sure. the documentary itself said the same thing you would "it's unprofessional" when honestly who cares? this guy was searching for this stuff on his own, out of a van parked in the middle of nowhere.

Sign in to follow this