hagar

Ski Gong, South-east Norwegian style, in the Italian alps

Catchy title?

I just have to share this, allthough it is in Norwegian:

In March, some friends of mine, all from the same area of Norway, went to Italy to ski.

After a few days, they warmed up to my suggestions of using Qigong as a way to ease the pain of aching muscles after skiing for 8 hours straight.

Needless to say, these guys are regular, hamburger-eating, beer-drinking ex-footballplayers with the flexibility of an armoured vehicle.

I tried to talk this guy Tommy through it: You're hearing my voice, and witnessing Tommy's agony as he's doing some Hua Gong...

I see, interesting stuff! There is definitly an effort involved when I do Zhan zhuang also, is this kinda like that? Releasing tension is something my body haven't really grasped the concept of unfortunately...

I see, interesting stuff! There is definitly an effort involved when I do Zhan zhuang also, is this kinda like that? Releasing tension is something my body haven't really grasped the concept of unfortunately...

It may prove unfruitful to verbalize differences in transmission btw different traditions, yet my own experience with Qigong, and Hua Gong in praticular is this;

Only after you reach a point where you think you cannot take it anymore, the chi will take over.

The pain, and effort invested in dealing with the pain are really subsidiary to the focus on the effect.

As for the vid, it does not show what we're actually doing: Sitting on our heels with knees on the floor, and hands above head. My friend in the clip was unable to sit like that for more than 2 min.

But hey, we'd been skiing at high elevation with no rest days, so you have to give it to him.

Things soften up abit after a couple of Vino Caldos later that night.

h

It may prove unfruitful to verbalize differences in transmission btw different traditions, yet my own experience with Qigong, and Hua Gong in praticular is this;

Only after you reach a point where you think you cannot take it anymore, the chi will take over.

The pain, and effort invested in dealing with the pain are really subsidiary to the focus on the effect.

As for the vid, it does not show what we're actually doing: Sitting on our heels with knees on the floor, and hands above head. My friend in the clip was unable to sit like that for more than 2 min.

But hey, we'd been skiing at high elevation with no rest days, so you have to give it to him.

Things soften up abit after a couple of Vino Caldos later that night.

h

I don't have an experience myself really as I'm fresher then fresh to all of this.. I think it makes sense in a way how the chi takes over when you think you cannot take anymore as then the body don't have the option of using "regular" means of supporting itself.. The effect of that would be much the same as if one was able to voluntarily relax the muscles to the same extent and redirect the chi wouldn't it? Come to think of it that would be like a yin and a yang way of doing the same thing in a way... Maybe a good way for folks like me that (as you probably have realised by now) is way too much "in my mind"..

So has he adopted the practice now?

I don't have an experience myself really as I'm fresher then fresh to all of this.. I think it makes sense in a way how the chi takes over when you think you cannot take anymore as then the body don't have the option of using "regular" means of supporting itself.. The effect of that would be much the same as if one was able to voluntarily relax the muscles to the same extent and redirect the chi wouldn't it? Come to think of it that would be like a yin and a yang way of doing the same thing in a way... Maybe a good way for folks like me that (as you probably have realised by now) is way too much "in my mind"..

So has he adopted the practice now?

Fresh is good. Much better than me, who have become "experienced".

Keep at it.

Hvor I Norge er du fra forresten?=

h

Guides Point Center

Reach Within Alignment

Near Without Consequences

Edited by Spectrum

Guides Point Center

Reach Within Alignment

Near Without Consequences

Who's words, Spectrum?