Sign in to follow this  
Zasafras

Moving energy

Hey guys, was wondering if you could help me with this, or give me a few good ideas.

I've been working on my chakras latley, i spent about the last 3 months on my root chakra and now I am just starting to work on my sacral. So far a problem I have had is with my sexual urges right now. I am assuming it is because I spent a good deal of time working with my root chakra, and now I'm just starting to work with my sacral it is bringing up a lot of energy to it, and it wants me to pay attention to it :P. This has hurt me a lot, because like I said I have been having trouble controlling these desires. Spilling my seed so to speak WAY WAY too much. as in daily, and sometimes more then once in a day. And also wayy overdoing it with the misses. How can I cool down the hot feelings that come from there? It is literally a feeling of a "hot" "urge" that just wants "out". I don't just want to send it upward yet because I need some work on my sacral before I start with my solar plexus.

So far what I have been doing the past few days which has helped from "spilling my seed" is to almost "cold boil" the energy that is stuck down there, so that feeling of a "hot urge" evaporates upward leaving my awareness and the rest of my concentration still there so I can work with my sacral. any other ideas that involve meditation or other forms of non meditation to help things? cold shower? work out? I'd appreciate it.

Also, I wanted to know if this is normal, or maybe a sign that I spent too much time on my root chakra ( although it is my understanding that you really can't "over do" the 1st chakra). When I am in deep meditation and I start to ground myself, I literally feel roots growing out of... my rectum. as in the hole where I poop. When I ground I litterally feel like tree roots are coming out of there and expanding and growing in all directions underneath me.

...is this normal?

Thanks guys much appreciation!

on a side note, does anyone know how I change my Email address for this account?

No offense but you're twiddling your naval all day and wonder why it feels funny? sheesh

Get into a regular training routine and actually put to work what your "working" on. You cant change the air fuel mixture, or better yet the carburator to a super charger and wonder why your burning off the tires at every intersection while on the way to 7-11 to pick up a slurpee and a hustler. You gotta have a track or circuit to drive your car.

Warmups

Stretches

Jogging or other Cardio (even jump rope or shadow box)

Form Work

Partner Work

Standing (Gung)

Edited by Spectrum

No offense but you're twiddling your naval all day and wonder why it feels funny? sheesh

Get into a regular training routine and actually put to work what your "working" on. You cant change the air fuel mixture, or better yet the carburator to a super charger and wonder why your burning off the tires at every intersection while on the way to 7-11 to pick up a slurpee and a hustler. You gotta have a track or circuit to drive your car.

Warmups

Stretches

Jogging or other Cardio (even jump rope or shadow box)

Form Work

Partner Work

Standing (Gung)

Yeah, what he said! Energy practice with too little body exercise = wasted time and wasted health

Yeah, what he said! Energy practice with too little body exercise = wasted time and wasted health

I guess I forgot to add that as of right now, I am not looking to delve into taoist martial arts. The energy work I am doing is no were near as intense or serious compared to what most of you on these board practice. I am a young adult university student and am in no hurry :)

So far letting what I can describe as hot, denser that seems to be in a rush feeling energy sort of cold boil upwards has made me more over all calm. This more calming feeling also originates from the seam area, it almost replaces the hot energy.

:D Oh I almost forgot to add that I am putting this energy that I'm working on "into use." I am not using it to perfect a martial arts, get stronger or faster; I am using it to help me get a full nights restfulness each night I sleep, to help me get more work done for my university studies without it being stressful, to help me make better connections and bonds with all of my friends since I will be better able to understand and relate to myself and thus to them.

I guess you could say my goal is to harmonize my life by first coming into harmony myself.

Thank you. :)

You're way ahead of me in your development but just out of curiosity, why do you need more work on your sacral before you move on to the solar pleuxus? Especially considering your goal of harmonizing yourself I would think that having a few massively developed chakras while others are lagging behind could actually work against your purpose? How it works in reality I don't know but a massive sacral chakra without a well developed heart and possibly also solar plexus chakras I would think in theory could be a bit troublesome at times.

As I said my understanding of these things are very basic so I would really like to hear what is the advantage of working on the chakras individually like this in contrast to working on harmonizing and developing them in harmony?

I guess I forgot to add that as of right now, I am not looking to delve into taoist martial arts. The energy work I am doing is no were near as intense or serious compared to what most of you on these board practice. I am a young adult university student and am in no hurry :)

So far letting what I can describe as hot, denser that seems to be in a rush feeling energy sort of cold boil upwards has made me more over all calm. This more calming feeling also originates from the seam area, it almost replaces the hot energy.

:D Oh I almost forgot to add that I am putting this energy that I'm working on "into use." I am not using it to perfect a martial arts, get stronger or faster; I am using it to help me get a full nights restfulness each night I sleep, to help me get more work done for my university studies without it being stressful, to help me make better connections and bonds with all of my friends since I will be better able to understand and relate to myself and thus to them.

I guess you could say my goal is to harmonize my life by first coming into harmony myself.

Thank you. :)

Working on agitating your energy and expecting a good night's sleep is like looking for water in a desert.

There has to be a methodical and careful preparation before you can start playing with your chakras.

Traditional Yoga practice talks about the Eight-limbs way (Ashtanga) which calls for a disciplined effort to cultivate your prana and involves following yamas, niyamas (ideal way to conduct oneself and do's and don'ts that should be cultivated). Then you have Asanas (Yoga postures), Pranayama (Breath practices).

These activate your chakras and help driving your prana up from the moola to the sahasrara (or from the perinium to the crown point). Along the way, you have to practice pratyahara (sense-withdrawal), dharana (intent), dhyana (meditation) and samadhi (realization).

It is the same with any tradition, be it Yoga or Taoist meditation -- whether it is specifically mentioned or not.

You will cause harm to yourself if you excite your prana without proper preparation.

If you want restful sleep, do Yoga asanas. Prana cultivation (Chi Gung) is for people who want to follow the spiritual path.

The system I work with does it the other way round. Instead of starting with the lower chakras and upward, we start with the crown chakra then downward. That way, the higher chakras are stimulated first and are able to control the lower ones. In effect your higher and nobler natures will control your baser natures. Also, working with the lower chakras first risk awakening the kundalini prematurely, which is counterproductive to spiritual practice.

Check it out: www.arhaticyoga.org

Hey guys, was wondering if you could help me with this, or give me a few good ideas.

I've been working on my chakras latley, i spent about the last 3 months on my root chakra and now I am just starting to work on my sacral. So far a problem I have had is with my sexual urges right now. I am assuming it is because I spent a good deal of time working with my root chakra, and now I'm just starting to work with my sacral it is bringing up a lot of energy to it, and it wants me to pay attention to it :P. This has hurt me a lot, because like I said I have been having trouble controlling these desires. Spilling my seed so to speak WAY WAY too much. as in daily, and sometimes more then once in a day. And also wayy overdoing it with the misses. How can I cool down the hot feelings that come from there? It is literally a feeling of a "hot" "urge" that just wants "out". I don't just want to send it upward yet because I need some work on my sacral before I start with my solar plexus.

So far what I have been doing the past few days which has helped from "spilling my seed" is to almost "cold boil" the energy that is stuck down there, so that feeling of a "hot urge" evaporates upward leaving my awareness and the rest of my concentration still there so I can work with my sacral. any other ideas that involve meditation or other forms of non meditation to help things? cold shower? work out? I'd appreciate it.

Also, I wanted to know if this is normal, or maybe a sign that I spent too much time on my root chakra ( although it is my understanding that you really can't "over do" the 1st chakra). When I am in deep meditation and I start to ground myself, I literally feel roots growing out of... my rectum. as in the hole where I poop. When I ground I litterally feel like tree roots are coming out of there and expanding and growing in all directions underneath me.

...is this normal?

Thanks guys much appreciation!

on a side note, does anyone know how I change my Email address for this account?

Toaist practice of balancing all the Chakras (12x12 not just seven, nor 2d) and all yin yang meridians, as well as balancing sexual energy is the Microcosmic Orbit. I ussualy recommend cleaning house and practicing self acceptance(inner smile) first. This helps the body mind intergrate, making your inner practices actualization not just visualization. You will not want to stay in your body if it full of garbage, and the inner smile practice can start to return chi back to its original state of flow thus healing. Try just looking at your self in the mirror right in the eyes and just keep saying I love you or a accept you, it is a great simple practice, the tears(metal element) will come signifying the recognition of self and a refinement of your metal element. Toaist use sounds and herbs to cleanse as well. If your interested I recommend the DVDs/audio CDs and seminars found here http://www.healingtaousa.com/ you can also look up local teachers on this web site. Taoist also start from the base seeing the yang inside the yin and realizing top down control is illusional (for every manipulation there is a counter manipulation yin,yang) . It is about relationship and honest communication of the ling (true self) not control. I was watching the dog whisper a TV show in which a man helps people with there pets. I found it interesting because he ends up showing people that the pets mirror for people their own em-balance so if they fixed their em-balances the pets shift in responce. Such is our animal matrix, such is the process of relation and communication.

I hope my perspective helped.

other ideas that involve meditation or other forms of non meditation to help things? cold shower? work out? I'd appreciate it.

I guess I forgot to add that as of right now, I am not looking to delve into taoist martial arts. The energy work I am doing is no were near as intense or serious compared to what most of you on these board practice.

?Curious. Start w/ breaking a sweat then.

you are a young guy who likes to masturbate a lot, and is trying to disguise how much you like it by ascribing feels from "working" on chakras. you are not working on anything except your hand muscles.

the advice from others here is valid, if you are going to try any energy work you have to have a proper foundation first, and you can only get that by studying with a good teacher. otherwise you are just jerking off while thinking its a spiritual thing.

get out of yourself, get a girlfriend and learn how to be intimate with another person and how to care for someone other than yourself. so far you're getting an F grade.

quangping points towards a way

to stand quietly observing work

rain a way quiet pains of a day

Edited by Spectrum

you are a young guy who likes to masturbate a lot, and is trying to disguise how much you like it by ascribing feels from "working" on chakras. you are not working on anything except your hand muscles.

the advice from others here is valid, if you are going to try any energy work you have to have a proper foundation first, and you can only get that by studying with a good teacher. otherwise you are just jerking off while thinking its a spiritual thing.

get out of yourself, get a girlfriend and learn how to be intimate with another person and how to care for someone other than yourself. so far you're getting an F grade.

I think he was trying to say that he doesn't want to masturbate, but since he's been working on the sacral chakra, has been finding it harder to resist the urge than before..... at least I think that's what he was getting at :mellow:

To the OP, best advice I can give is... um... get your mind off of it somehow. Yeah. It's hard. I know, I'm a relative beginner. I'm an 18 year old guy. I used to be quite active..... I won't say how active, but yeah, quite active... but I keep trying. Build up slowly. Like for me, I'd go a week, and then just be like... ack, can't do it. Then I'd go up to two weeks, then be like, ack, I can't do it. Then go for two and a half weeks, and build up. Slowly and steadily.

Try and focus yourself in other areas that grab your attention.

Whenever I suddenly get the urge or something, I instantly start meditating (well if I can). If I'm in class and my thoughts start to wander, mini meditation. If I'm sitting on the computer and my thoughts start to wander, INSTANTLY off the computer and into meditation!!! (especially because the computer can be a dangerous place :ph34r: )

Especially if you've done lots of work on 1st chakra and grounding, this should be easy for you. Random stray thoughts arise? Just ground them out of you as soon as they come up. Are they coming too fast? (trust me, I know how fast they can come and keep coming...) well... that's the hard part, nobody said it would be easy :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Sign in to follow this