Sign in to follow this  
seekeroftruth

Bill Bodri at meditationexpert.com

There's been talk about bill bodri recently, so I guess I'll just throw this out there.

How do people feel about bill bodri and the stuff he presents?

Did people get results using his meditations?

He makes pretty bold claims, saying that he knows the TRUE path to enlightenment. What are your opinions on that?

You don't have to answer all those questions, I'm just seeing what people think of him and his practices.

There's been talk about bill bodri recently, so I guess I'll just throw this out there.

How do people feel about bill bodri and the stuff he presents?

Did people get results using his meditations?

He makes pretty bold claims, saying that he knows the TRUE path to enlightenment. What are your opinions on that?

You don't have to answer all those questions, I'm just seeing what people think of him and his practices.

Obtaining ULTIMATE ENLIGHTENMENT wont happen over night. Matter of fact, the enlightenment that I speak of has only been obtained by a few people, that I know of. Most people think that enlightenment is a type of realization but its more than that. Not sure what to think of his page...

I've read most of his stuff and its pretty profound. The problem with Bill is his writing style is terrible. He repeats things over and over and you have to sift through sometimes 600 pages to find a few pages of anything useful. But those few pages are sure to change your views on everything from Kundalini yoga to Taoist alchemy. He is heavily buddhist in his outlook also, which I find annoying. I'd say if you have the cash then buy everything you can of his. Its one of the few places you'll find anything so advanced.

All this is "In My ever-so Humble Opinion" of course! :lol:

seekeroftruth,

I would think that Bodri would be redundant to KAP, but scoring a book couldn't hurt... he's very good if you can deal with the writing style.

At his core, he's a simple honest man:

emptiness meditation is first and foremost important.

Some energy drills like 9 bottle breathing and white skeleton meditation are beneficial.

Some supplements are beneficial.

Regular stretching is beneficial

generating merit by making offerings to hungry ghosts and mantra recitation are beneficial

abstention from any form of sex is beneficial.

It's been awhile since I've read him, so I might be missing a component or two. There's lots of discussion of him on this site.

I've not read any Master Nan, but I believe that's where most of his inspiration comes from so you might consider reading some of him too.

Personally, I prefer Yogani to Bodri as Yogani is easier on the ears.

Your pal,

Yoda

I think that Bodri has gotten many of his ideas from Nan. The meditation methods he emphasizes are basically from the Buddhist sutras, so nothing that has been invented in the last thousand years. His approach isn't so traditional and neither are some of the ideas he holds, but the methods certainly are.

i used to read his stuff but my problem was that he wasnt straightforward...it would take a while before you would find any methods pertaining to the stuff he's talking about

He is heavily buddhist in his outlook also, which I find annoying.

Not Darin, but it's not so much the fact that he's Buddhist which is annoying but he's so hyperaggressively holier than everyone else that is challenging.

Could you elaborate further ?

I just find Buddhist's annoying. It's all that peaceful smiling! WHATS WRONG WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Kidding, kidding.... I just prefer the pure Taoist model for immortality and he strays too far into the Buddhist enlightenment sutras and Indian Yogic literature even when he the title of the book is specifically "Taoist".

My 5 soldi on Bill. .. Some of his stuff just is best around (WS, 9-bottles etc) but as been said before his way of presenting to put it mild not the best...

Most annoying of all ... he doesn't want to even try look on things from another angle then from point of view of his master (Nan)..

there is what Yogani (AYP said to me ) when we discussed this topic with him:

But what else can a Zen Buddhist (meditation purist) say? He is a product of his tradition. I am a product of open scientific inquiry (I hope), and that is what AYP is designed to be.

My 5 soldi on Bill. .. Some of his stuff just is best around (WS, 9-bottles etc) but as been said before his way of presenting to put it mild not the best...

Most annoying of all ... he doesn't want to even try look on things from another angle then from point of view of his master (Nan)..

there is what Yogani (AYP said to me ) when we discussed this topic with him:

But what else can a Zen Buddhist (meditation purist) say? He is a product of his tradition. I am a product of open scientific inquiry (I hope), and that is what AYP is designed to be.

I don't think anyone who has read much about Nan Huaijin's views would think that he is simply a product of traditions. He is certainly not dogmatic about Zen or Buddhism, and he is keen on noting that Buddhists must be scientific in their approach, testing everything. He is also eager to draw parallels across sects and traditions (including Indian Yoga), and to illustrate ideas in unconventional and sometimes irreverent ways. I suspect that Bill is not as open-minded as Nan Huaijin is, but I haven't read enough of Bill's material to know that for certain.

Sign in to follow this