Gum disease

Magnolia bark

in TCM: Hou Po

"Magnolia Bark Extract vs. Bad Breath

Study: Compounds in Magnolia Bark Extract Fight Bacteria That Cause Bad Breath

By Miranda Hitti

WebMD Health News

Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Nov. 16, 2007 -- Magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that kill bacteria that cause bad breath (halitosis)"

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/2007...t-vs-bad-breath

There also appears to be chewing gum with Magnolia bark, i wish i could find it on ebay, because elsewhere it's unfindable for me. (If anyone ever sees any that perhaps ships worldwide please just let me know. (or even if it doesn't say if it can be shipped worldwide. i can always ask them.) Chewing gum without unnatural sweeteners would also be the greatest, and chewing gum with stevia also, because it rids the mouth of bacteria too. (artificial sweeteners don't as far as i know, and they put some load on your elimination system, are bad to the core (for your very cells even) ;) etc.

I *did* find some chewing gum with toothbrush tree though (Salvadora persica), (and ofcourse no artificial sweeteners) which is *way* cool . =)

with a lot of appreciation for this forum, :)

innergy

Edited by froggie

Ok this is pretty interesting -- real DENTIST jargon.

I searched garlic and gum disease. "Dr. Ian Douglas" did a study in 2002 or so finding that allicin pills were effective against the 700 different bacteria implicated in gum disease but that the concentration was equivalent to THREE BULBS OF GARLIC per dose daily.

Hmm I thought I ate a lot of garlic.... I've gone more than a bulb a day -- just because I eat a "normal" (sugar, meat, etc.) diet while practicing qigong.....

Anyway so then I found this -- discussing whether gum disease is a virus... but more importantly why fluoride is not effective because the disease works through PORES not CHANNELS of cells.... well I know that garlic also works through PORES so that's good enough for me.

Then it's pondered that gum disease is a SPIROCHETE (which includes prions and siphyllis -- sp?).

Let's see how garlic goes up against spirochetes....

http://adr.iadrjournals.org/cgi/reprint/18/2/27.pdf

Ive heard that ginseng also has antimicrobal properties similar to/stronger than garlic

is this true?

thanks for the replies

Ive heard that ginseng also has antimicrobal properties similar to/stronger than garlic

is this true?

thanks for the replies

From the studies I have read ginseng supresses and retards microbial growth,

whereas garlic inhibits growth with allicin and along with allyl sulphides...probably other compounds in garlic as well.

Ginseng has more of an immunomodulatory effect(an optimizing effect -if too high, makes low, if too low makes higher) whereas garlic has more immunostimulant properties increasing the differention and proliferation of white blood cells including Natural Killer cells (Neutrophils).

And what about wheat/barley grass (dried, powdered juice or fresh) etc?

Is it similar in your opinion when it comes to that, or do you regard kale as being better in that regard?

I also started eating lots of kale.... all that chlorophyll has the proper magnesium which activates your photoreceptors for third eye bioluminescence.[/url]

And what about wheat/barley grass (dried, powdered juice or fresh) etc?

Is it similar in your opinion when it comes to that, or do you regard kale as being better in that regard?

anything that has a porphyrin ring...so yes anything with chlorophyll or lots of blood....or zell oxygen, lots of cytochromes (porphryins)....light energy absorbing conjugated double bond systems....they absorb and then transmit light energy as electrons are excited to higher orbitals and fall back to their ground state.

Edited by Xienkula1

Ok so what is a natural cure for gum disease. The kind that involves periodontal holes next to the teeth.

the dentist said that it was probably from plague, gave some pills to turn plaque purple, some mouthrinse fluoride based, and said to floss more.

what natural medicine can heal this.

thanks. :)

I haven't read the thread completely yet, but here are somethings:

Stop eating hot natured foods: spicey, oily, salty, fried, chicken , lamb, beef, shellfish, baked/dried foods and icecream HAHAHA

Stop drinking (if you do) any and all sodas, except selzter. No Sweets!

No Coffee!

Drink more green teas, and cool natured drinks (but not cold drinks). Green Tea, Chrysanthemum Tea, Jasmine Tea, Rose Tea..flower teas are good, but not Lipton Teas(all processed).

Most gum/mouth problems stem from stomach heat. Bleeding gums, etc...

Eat more green veggies!

Also, start taking vitamin C regularly: 6,000mgs daily: 2,000 morning. noon and night. Every week for one month up the dose by 2,000mgs.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I believe some specific tree barks are extremely high in saponins (and is derived from the word soap, apparently. http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1892 ) For example one brew of some shamans, ayahuasca, contains a lot of saponins and is it is said by an aforementioned shaman, if i remember right, that it that it indeed cleanses you out on the inside. (albeit rather strongly in the case of the saponin-rich ayahuasca tea, i would suppose. nevertheless, i believe that is what is said about it) and all of this ofcourse apart from the brew's other constituencies.

Anyway so then I recently started eating lots of garbanzo beans since they are the highest source of saponins and saponins are the natural soap for the body -- saponins kill the rotten egg smell. Hence hummos is garbanzo beans aka chickpeas and garlic.

brushing the tongue additionally also seems to be an OK idea and could be done in the same quick fashion as brushing the teeth. (when practised with enough dexterity) ;)

Oil pulling sounds interesting, but I'm curious as to what exactly makes it work (and how well it actually works)?

I think the "real" problem is that our mouths are huge petri dishes, and toothpastes and flossing can help mechanicaly dislodge some of these bacteria and their hardened biofilms (plaque). (And perhaps also sometimes drive them deeper inside?) However, I don't believe this largely mechanical scrubbing is really adequate in the long run.So, I think what needs to happen is not just mechanical cleaning, but also some disinfection. IOW, not just brushing some germs away, but killing off the biofilm colonies.

I think swishing with oxidants like ClO2 (MMS or other forms) might be one way to do this. In fact, I am starting to try this myself now, so I'll be curious to see what results I get...

The only concern I might have with disinfection is if "healthy flora" should also be preserved in the mouth, and if so, how not to reduce their numbers in the process?

I believe some specific tree barks are extremely high in saponins (and is derived from the word soap, apparently. http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1892 ) For example one brew of some shamans, ayahuasca, contains a lot of saponins and is it is said by an aforementioned shaman, if i remember right, that it that it indeed cleanses you out on the inside. (albeit rather strongly in the case of the saponin-rich ayahuasca tea, i would suppose. nevertheless, i believe that is what is said about it) and all of this ofcourse apart from the brew's other constituencies.

brushing the tongue additionally also seems to be an OK idea and could be done in the same quick fashion as brushing the teeth. (when practised with enough dexterity) ;)

So do chickpeas and quinoa :)

A bit easier on the stomach than Ayahuasca

thanks, a while ago i also tried to do a bit of searching for more info on biophotons in food. from what i remember some plants were indeed naturally very high. - and i believe i have read that organic food was higher in biophotons also.

anything that has a porphyrin ring...so yes anything with chlorophyll or lots of blood....or zell oxygen, lots of cytochromes (porphryins)....light energy absorbing conjugated double bond systems....they absorb and then transmit light energy as electrons are excited to higher orbitals and fall back to their ground state.

thanks, a while ago i also tried to do a bit of searching for more info on biophotons in food. from what i remember some plants were indeed naturally very high. - and i believe i have read that organic food was higher in biophotons also.

thanks for prompting me Froggie with that bit about Aya....interesting study about a related seed.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0

I have been told the biophoton or BOSE scale is bogus....but seriously sitting in the sunlight will increase your biophoton levels or an infrared sauna...or maybe even a good meditation? probably organic food too...though not according to my nutrition teacher lol

On another note about alginate used in the ganderma toothpaste, it seems alginate is a component of biofilms, and prevents antibiotics from defusing into the biofilm....seems quite brilliant they complexed ganderma with alginate, so that the bacteria use it for building biofilms to protect themselves and to create a nutrient rich environment, a...and since alginate should readily bind and diffuse through alginate where bacteria will absorb it and then are stopped dead in their tracks by the compounds ganderma after engulfing them.

Edited by Xienkula1

Ok so what is a natural cure for gum disease. The kind that involves periodontal holes next to the teeth.

the dentist said that it was probably from plague, gave some pills to turn plaque purple, some mouthrinse fluoride based, and said to floss more.

what natural medicine can heal this.

thanks. :)

Vitamin C ...2 Grams a day ( up to 18 Grams a day, or bowel tolerance)

Your teeth will feel like solid steel (you can chew ice cubes) and your gums will be bright, healthy, and pink.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/vitcrda.htm

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthcond...gum_disease.htm

http://alternative-medicine-and-health.com...periodontal.htm

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/receding_gums.html

Vitamin C ...2 Grams a day ( up to 18 Grams a day, or bowel tolerance)

Your teeth will feel like solid steel (you can chew ice cubes) and your gums will be bright, healthy, and pink.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/vitcrda.htm

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthcond...gum_disease.htm

http://alternative-medicine-and-health.com...periodontal.htm

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/receding_gums.html

thanks for the all the replies

ill try this vitamin c thing. is it good in oranges. I drink a lemon a day too.

i want to try oil pulling too but i only have immediate access to olive oil

flossing seems good.

thanks again

flossing seems good.

thanks again

If eating lemons, grapefruits ,oranges - citrus be sure to rinse your mouth afterwards.

They will eat away the enamel on your teeth.

flossing seems good.

thanks again

I remember reading somewhere that really only sesame or sunflower oil are effective.

Here's another interesting finding...if you have mercury amalgams - they increase the antibiotic resistance of pathogens even down in your gut!

Mercury levels in saliva and feces correlated significantly with the number of amalgam surfaces. In the amalgam groups there was an increase in the relative number of intestinal microorganisms resistant to mercury, ampicillin, cefoxitin, erythromycin, and clindamycin on days 7-14. A significant correlation between the prevalence of mercury resistance and multiple antimicrobial resistance in intestinal bacterial strain was observed.

COMMENT: Ten subjects and ten controls is an extremely small sample in human studies because, as noted by the authors, the large number of variables to condsider in humans. In view of this small sample, the significance of the findings in intestinal flora magnifies tremendously. The findings of mercury correlation in saliva and feces adds further confirmation to significant human exposure to amalgam mercury.

Omura Y, Beckman SL, "Role of mercury (Hg) in resistant infections & effective treatment of chlamydia trachomatis and herpes family viral infections (and potential treatment for cancer) by removing localized Hg deposits with chinese parsley", Acupunct Electrother Res, 20(3-4):195-229, 1995

QUOTE: "Antibiotics used to treat various infections often were ineffective in the presence of abnormal localized deposits of heavy metals like Hg and Pb, which were often observed to coexist with Chlamydia trachomatis, Herpes simplex types I & II, Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and other microorganism".

I'm not on any special diet but around 2000 I got my mercury fillings removed and also did the intensive qigong training (an 8 day half glass of water session after 3 months of training with http://springforestqigong.com). Anyway after I stopped taking the qigong classes from Chuny Lin I kept up in full-lotus and maybe around 2003 or so I finally went to the doctor. I hadn't been to a doctor in a decade for a physical. I wanted to see if possibly I had an ear infection because there was this strong pressure on the right side of my skull along the inner part of the ear and up into the brain. He looked and looked. Nothing. I said well just to be sure how about an antibiotic. I just wanted to do something because the kundalini was obviously something the doctor would not acknowledge if I brought it up and, on a personal level, I was sort of acting out. So I take the antibiotic and I get flu symptoms and later the doctor tells me that's normal. So then I am determined to find out what the hell is going on with this ear thing and somehow through some sort of synchronicity I discover that the vagus nerve is transduced by yoga and that the vagus nerve runs along the side of the ear. I look it up in a medical reference book and am amazed to find out that this strong pressure is from the qigong, and of course the doctor would never recognize this. haha.

Ever since the vagus nerve transduces the anerobic bacteria up into my brain, from the lower part of my body. If I eat normal food, which I do (even though I was a vegetarian/vegan for 15 years up till my 8 day bigu session and a while afterwards), then the vagus nerve brings the bacteria up into the brain, along with the serotonin. The serotonin and other hormones are transduced by the pineal gland into electromagnetic fields shot out of the pineal gland creating a psychic mutual climax with females around me. Meanwhile the anerobic bacteria is leached through my gums so that I constantly have to eat garlic. haha. So now I'm slowly working on some discipline in my diet but what is food compared to CONSCIOUSNESS beyond death, beyond light, beyond space and beyond time?!? Go 8 days on half a glass of water and get back to me.

This pretty East Indian-American psychology student approached me a couple summers ago, while I sat in full-lotus sleeping on a bench at the University. She had just returned from a spiritual camp in the Colorado Rockies. When she talked to me my vagus nerve kept pulsating energy into her. As it did so it created this mutual orgasmic bliss but it also transduced the anerobic bacteria. Thus the paradox of talking -- which is left-brain dominance and stops the vagus nerve pulsation -- and the smell from the bliss, a smell spread by the talking. haha. She asked me, without mentioning the smell and skillfully pretending to ignore it, if I had control of the vagus nerve pulsating. At the time I knew it was the vagus nerve -- but I didn't know that the vagus nerve transduced anerobic bacteria. So after talking to her -- in another strange paradox (her parent's are big doctor-professors at east coast Ivy League schools, focusing on using Indian herbs for western medicine) -- I finally had the motivation to realize that the vagus nerve indeed transduces anerobic bacteria from the stomach.

Last night I discovered that potassium hydroxide is created in the body for a special alkalizing diet promoted by the Japanese. This diet is said to be the secret to stop ageing. I also discovered that potassium hydroxide is the simplest "alkaline fuel cell" to create electromagnetic energy. So now I believe, from my practice, that since the book TAOIST YOGA: ALCHEMY AND IMMORTALITY states the diet should have NO SALT, in reality this is turning the body into a potassium hydroxide full cell with the two electrodes as the sympathetic and parasympathetic (vagus) nervous system. This is why qigong masters just eat a little bit of greens a day....

When the Bushmen train to become healers they too also abstain from meat....

http://glowing-health.com/water-ionizer-fa...line-water.html

Edited by drew hempel

hi drew, does this japanese diet go by a certain name? just curious. also, how are you finding it to make your own kind of diet? is it going well? myself i do a lot of those things also. i cultivate some of my own plants like acerola for vitamin c (66x more vit. c as lemons and without the acidity), jiao gu lan, and mushrooms like lion's mane, reishi, shiitake. it's going okay for me. i like it very much. sometimes it can be more work, but it's worth it all the way. i hope to meet some more people who also find this interesting though, shared effort is a lot less effort and just better i would probably say

vitamin c is working pretty well 2000mg per day. i think one gum bled a little bit during todays flossing, on day 2 of taking vitamin c.

Sometime in history sailors were getting bleeding gums and teeth falling out. they called it scurvy. they treated it with citrus fruit naturally high in vitamin c.

today i have the same symptoms and they told me to floss and use a fluoride rinse. they tell you that citrus fruit is very bad for your teeth.

I wonder.....

i am using salt water too.

edit crests crossaction massage toothbrush is good too.

Edited by phore

My diet is terrible. I just eat whatever and then eat tons of garlic to make up for it. I rarely talk to people because I smell so bad. haha. Ideally I like spirulina a lot. Collard greens are amazing. The book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality states NO SALT and that's what I followed but that was back in 2000 when I was talking http://springforestqigong.com from Chunyi Lin. He fasts one day a week and just eats a little veggie/tofu meal once a day the rest of the week, like Master Wang, Liping. So that's the goal but I have relatives and coworkers pushing sugar, etc. on me all the time, harrassing me if I don't comply.... and then I get the cult treatment. So I eat normal food and then smell like shit because I just transduce it all instead of repressing it. haha. I went 8 days on just half a glass of water. After that food seemed to be kind of a joke to me.

vitamin c is working pretty well 2000mg per day. i think one gum bled a little bit during todays flossing, on day 2 of taking vitamin c.

Sometime in history sailors were getting bleeding gums and teeth falling out. they called it scurvy. they treated it with citrus fruit naturally high in vitamin c.

today i have the same symptoms and they told me to floss and use a fluoride rinse. they tell you that citrus fruit is very bad for your teeth.

I wonder.....

i am using salt water too.

edit crests crossaction massage toothbrush is good too.

In as little as a few days to a week, you'll notice your gums and teeth will be much stronger.

(You will notice it, there will be a profound difference. Quite remarkable ) :)

(You'll also notice overall improved health: skin, hair, immune system.)

Brush your teeth with this. http://www.tomsofmaine.com/toms/

Also, check here. (Scroll down to Lighttime.)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=6750&hl=

My diet is terrible. I just eat whatever and then eat tons of garlic to make up for it. I rarely talk to people because I smell so bad. haha. Ideally I like spirulina a lot. Collard greens are amazing. The book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality states NO SALT and that's what I followed but that was back in 2000 when I was talking http://springforestqigong.com from Chunyi Lin. He fasts one day a week and just eats a little veggie/tofu meal once a day the rest of the week, like Master Wang, Liping. So that's the goal but I have relatives and coworkers pushing sugar, etc. on me all the time, harrassing me if I don't comply.... and then I get the cult treatment. So I eat normal food and then smell like shit because I just transduce it all instead of repressing it. haha. I went 8 days on just half a glass of water. After that food seemed to be kind of a joke to me.

Drew, the guy who invented the 60's (literally) eats like you do and has for 47 years. :)

http://activenocarber.myfreeforum.org/Conc..._about1646.html

Body Odor... Easy fix.

http://www.mgwater.com/rod17.shtml B)

Archive reference. (Scroll down to Lighttime)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=6750&hl=

thanks!

vitamin c is working pretty well. i likes toms stuff too havnt tried toothpaste but have the mouthwash

I'm not on any special diet but around 2000 I got my mercury fillings removed and also did the intensive qigong training (an 8 day half glass of water session after 3 months of training with http://springforestqigong.com). Anyway after I stopped taking the qigong classes from Chuny Lin I kept up in full-lotus and maybe around 2003 or so I finally went to the doctor. I hadn't been to a doctor in a decade for a physical. I wanted to see if possibly I had an ear infection because there was this strong pressure on the right side of my skull along the inner part of the ear and up into the brain. He looked and looked. Nothing. I said well just to be sure how about an antibiotic. I just wanted to do something because the kundalini was obviously something the doctor would not acknowledge if I brought it up and, on a personal level, I was sort of acting out. So I take the antibiotic and I get flu symptoms and later the doctor tells me that's normal. So then I am determined to find out what the hell is going on with this ear thing and somehow through some sort of synchronicity I discover that the vagus nerve is transduced by yoga and that the vagus nerve runs along the side of the ear. I look it up in a medical reference book and am amazed to find out that this strong pressure is from the qigong, and of course the doctor would never recognize this. haha.

Ever since the vagus nerve transduces the anerobic bacteria up into my brain, from the lower part of my body. If I eat normal food, which I do (even though I was a vegetarian/vegan for 15 years up till my 8 day bigu session and a while afterwards), then the vagus nerve brings the bacteria up into the brain, along with the serotonin. The serotonin and other hormones are transduced by the pineal gland into electromagnetic fields shot out of the pineal gland creating a psychic mutual climax with females around me. Meanwhile the anerobic bacteria is leached through my gums so that I constantly have to eat garlic. haha. So now I'm slowly working on some discipline in my diet but what is food compared to CONSCIOUSNESS beyond death, beyond light, beyond space and beyond time?!? Go 8 days on half a glass of water and get back to me.

This pretty East Indian-American psychology student approached me a couple summers ago, while I sat in full-lotus sleeping on a bench at the University. She had just returned from a spiritual camp in the Colorado Rockies. When she talked to me my vagus nerve kept pulsating energy into her. As it did so it created this mutual orgasmic bliss but it also transduced the anerobic bacteria. Thus the paradox of talking -- which is left-brain dominance and stops the vagus nerve pulsation -- and the smell from the bliss, a smell spread by the talking. haha. She asked me, without mentioning the smell and skillfully pretending to ignore it, if I had control of the vagus nerve pulsating. At the time I knew it was the vagus nerve -- but I didn't know that the vagus nerve transduced anerobic bacteria. So after talking to her -- in another strange paradox (her parent's are big doctor-professors at east coast Ivy League schools, focusing on using Indian herbs for western medicine) -- I finally had the motivation to realize that the vagus nerve indeed transduces anerobic bacteria from the stomach.

Last night I discovered that potassium hydroxide is created in the body for a special alkalizing diet promoted by the Japanese. This diet is said to be the secret to stop ageing. I also discovered that potassium hydroxide is the simplest "alkaline fuel cell" to create electromagnetic energy. So now I believe, from my practice, that since the book TAOIST YOGA: ALCHEMY AND IMMORTALITY states the diet should have NO SALT, in reality this is turning the body into a potassium hydroxide full cell with the two electrodes as the sympathetic and parasympathetic (vagus) nervous system. This is why qigong masters just eat a little bit of greens a day....

When the Bushmen train to become healers they too also abstain from meat....

http://glowing-health.com/water-ionizer-fa...line-water.html

Drew, I'm slooowwwllyy starting to understand some of the things you talk about. Although enough to ask more questions...

I understand now that anaerobic bacteria are generally the harmful pathogenic ones. And teeth/gum infections are a "well-known" side effect of internal alchemy (Max and others have even mentioned it before). However, I don't understand exactly how the vagus nerve transports or "transduces" anaerobic bacteria from your lower body up to your head? And why only anaerobic bacteria, not aerobic as well? And what exactly do you mean by "transduces?" Physically transports or somehow teleports, or what?

BTW, you might also experiment with using a Hulda Clark-style Zapper to destroy pathogens...

If eating lemons, grapefruits ,oranges - citrus be sure to rinse your mouth afterwards.

They will eat away the enamel on your teeth.

yes. good advice! do not brush teeth right after drinking orange juice. wait, drink and flush mouth with water first.