Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

semen retention

Which practise is recommended? thank you all

You'll get alot of varying opinions. My own opinion and practice involves abstinence for as long as possible. If you ejaculate, no biggie, you can start over.

You'll get alot of varying opinions. My own opinion and practice involves abstinence for as long as possible. If you ejaculate, no biggie, you can start over.

i have done 9 days now, thasnks for reply:

was just wonderinf of any good practises too stabilize

Edited by Rolf

Well, I am the same 9 days, but short from the 100 :)

My advise, put your attention elsewhere, get busy.

Good luck

Ataraxis

i have done 9 days now, thasnks for reply:

was just wonderinf of any good practises too stabilize

It isnt necessary, semen is a refined jing. The longer you can go without spilling the better. If you do spill some, you should wait a day or more before resuming meditation.

Well, I am the same 9 days, but short from the 100 smile.gif

My advise, put your attention elsewhere, get busy.

Good luck

Ataraxis

Edited by Rolf

Any tips for how to make it through after longer periods?

I've been pretty... "busy" I guess you could say in the past, but recently I've been trying out the abstinence and holding back... Usually I get about a week or two weeks in, but there comes one point where suddenly I start thinking about something... then it's like a breach in a dam... other thoughts keep coming in and nothing I presently know how to do can stop it when one thought follows another and then it leads to something else and..... well let's just say I gotta start over from day 1 :(

Anyway, any suggestions for this kind of thing as well?

An outdated and superstitious practice. Semen dies and is regenerated everyday.

Not that supertitious. I am not concerned about whether I keep or not my semen but about developing a strong willpower which goes beyond my animal instint or negative habits.

On the other hand, it is quite remarkable the feeling of being depleted after ejaculation. I have just decided to use this energy to spiritual purposes and no to serve my own desires. I believe it is a fair purpose and this should not be critizised. It is ok if you do not agree but please do not say it is a supertitious pratice just because it does not fit you, maybe you would like to elaborate more.

Thank you

Edited by elcaminante

An outdated and superstitious practice. Semen dies and is regenerated everyday.

That's hardly a convincing argument. On the microscopic scale, the individual sperm generate and die everyday, but is the concept of jing tied to each individual sperm? Also, how do you know that it's based on superstition, especially when it has been an important prerequisite in other forms of cultivation?

For men, it will boost your positive impulses and be helpful and will boost your negative impulses and be harmful. As not of us are 100% one way or another, it's a mixed bag.

Alchemicaltaoism.com is a good site in this regard.

It is said that women don't have to worry about this sort of thing unless they are "ejaculator" types. I don't know.

Which practise is recommended?

A lot of Uddjana bandha, Mula bandha, Ashwivini Mudra, Nauli kriya, Sirsasana to refine the semen.

"Shun Chu Sheng Ren, Ni Hui Cheng Xian"

For men, it will boost your positive impulses and be helpful and will boost your negative impulses and be harmful. As not of us are 100% one way or another, it's a mixed bag.

Alchemicaltaoism.com is a good site in this regard.

It is said that women don't have to worry about this sort of thing unless they are "ejaculator" types. I don't know.

this has been my experience, it'll superpower your personality in a way.

my only criticism of alchemical taoism is that it gives off the impression (to me at least) that it's better to just ejaculate rather than be a celibate (i don't think masturbation w/o ejaculation is a good idea). the discipline that i have developed from "continence" if you will has spilled over to all areas of my life and has made me an extremely focused individual. if i put my mind to something and really want to i can do it, which is something a lot of people say but can't always do.

if i'm 18 and can control myself with peaking hormone levels i'm sure if you put your mind to it you too can do it.

there is also a lot of fear put on stagnation and other things of that nature and in my opinion i'm either really stupid or really smart in that i don't think it's too big of a deal; it's not like we're the yellow emperor here shagging tons of women and accumulating massive amounts of energy.

Which practise is recommended? thank you all

The key here is not retention but opening. Make non semen or non energy loss a symptom or a gauge of success in your cultivation. If you are single, find a mirror look your self in the eyes and start saying to your self I love you and accept you. Also do this internally, I highly recommend audio guided meditations found here. If in a relationship (I highly recommend this) look into each others eyes and open your hearts to each other and accept each other and see your self in each other. Let your partner help you to experience opening up and making weakness your greatest strength. Let the tears come form this deep sexual healing. Alchemists move in the direction of returning, and our function is weakening. Follow your yin or female aspect in this time, if you have a female partner let her guide you and help you get in touch with your female self your multi full body orgasmic self. Grounding, detoxification & cleansing of the body, and later the orbit and fusion practices will make for a good foundation. Be careful of the illusion of control, focus on honest communication, trust and acceptance. If you feel resistance to being in a relationship in general then be in a relationship until the resistance or fear has gone, you will have to work at it. Always work what feels like you have the most resistance to. If you fear or have resistance to being alone try being alone until there is no resistance or fear. This will make all your days very productive and you will feel more grounded in your essence that never changes regardless of your shape or mask.

hope my perspective helped

my only criticism of alchemical taoism is that it gives off the impression (to me at least) that it's better to just ejaculate rather than be a celibate ...
I'm the webmaster of that site. If some writings come through that way, that was not my intent (and I'm open to specific constructive criticisms of the writing there). My intent was to present a variety of opportunities and risks and then let aspirants navigate for themselves, hopefully more well informed. People vary widely: one advice does not fit all.

there is also a lot of fear put on stagnation ... and in my opinion ... don't think it's too big of a deal;...
The idea is not to instill fear, but to simply state the mechanics and real risks so as to be informed (and therefore more capable of applying appropriate remedies), not fearful.

A couple of notes about the stagnation disharmonies:

1. It takes a substantial period of time (+ mis-directed practice) for them to become serious. Can't give any hard rules, but generally over a period of years.

2. This is not as much of a risk when you're younger, when blood circulation tends to be excellent. When you're younger the body's resilient capacity to compensate for mis-guided practice is much greater. Generally, somewhere in one's 30's the body's resilience gradually starts to diminish.

If someone starts mis-guided practice in their 20's and continues diligently into their 30's, they can accumulate a real tangle that is difficult to resolve. If, however, they are aware of the mechanics (risks & rewards) then it's more likely that they can deepen their practice with a greater degree of confidence, safety and success, navigate the risks more skillfully... whether or not that includes retention, as it's not the right thing for everyone. For those that harmoniously integrate retention, there are very real benefits.

Trunk

Edited by Trunk

That's hardly a convincing argument. On the microscopic scale, the individual sperm generate and die everyday, but is the concept of jing tied to each individual sperm? Also, how do you know that it's based on superstition, especially when it has been an important prerequisite in other forms of cultivation?

I think that the idea of a lose of Jing from ejaculation is due to a lack of knowledge about the nature of semen. For things like blood, I can understand the connection (lose your blood and you die). Abstaining or attempting to defeat basic desires, is something different than retaining semem. No sex or masturbation will ensure no "lose" of semem, but the practice of purposefully retaining it while practicipating in sex or masturbation is not only unhealthy but based on an misconception that it is detrimental (physically and spiritually) to have semen exit the body.

I am also interested in Taoism from a philsophical and psychological standpoint, which may cause me to be biased to mystical benefit any taoist alchemy or sexual practice. Perhaps I was to harsh in my initial statement about superstition. But I maintain that it is outdated.

Not that supertitious. I am not concerned about whether I keep or not my semen but about developing a strong willpower which goes beyond my animal instint or negative habits.

On the other hand, it is quite remarkable the feeling of being depleted after ejaculation. I have just decided to use this energy to spiritual purposes and no to serve my own desires. I believe it is a fair purpose and this should not be critizised. It is ok if you do not agree but please do not say it is a supertitious pratice just because it does not fit you, maybe you would like to elaborate more.

Thank you

As you can see above, I support your first statement. You are assuming that spiritual contentedness is not a desire? I see post-ejaculation more as a state of relexation not depeletion. Again, I recind the comment about superstition.

I don't think that it's about the physical loss of semen, but rather about the energy related to it. Semen is only one use of the word jing. Personally, I can feel a big difference after ejaculation, even a day or two after. It's especially noticeable in the kidneys and legs, but also in the lack of energy elsewhere.

I don't think that it's about the physical loss of semen, but rather about the energy related to it. Semen is only one use of the word jing. Personally, I can feel a big difference after ejaculation, even a day or two after. It's especially noticeable in the kidneys and legs, but also in the lack of energy elsewhere.

I agree, it's pretty noticeable. Even more so if you do not participate in the act for a week or two, then try it again. Quite a noticeable difference.

Then again I never really noticed it until I started paying attention to it, so maybe it's all in my head anyway :unsure:

Though I agree (in a more general sense) that it's about overcoming desire/temptation and being able to have a strong willpower. It's not the physical ejaculation of semen, but the mental/spiritual/etc act of "caving into" some base desire that won't help you grow, as it's just self pleasure. Overcoming the selfish need is what is important, not what you prevent from coming out ;)

Though I don't know anything about taoist alchemy or anything like that, so there may be more to it... but that's why I said I agree generally with the idea that it's all about self restraint :D

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I'm the webmaster of that site. If some writings come through that way, that was not my intent (and I'm open to specific constructive criticisms of the writing there). My intent was to present a variety of opportunities and risks and then let aspirants navigate for themselves, hopefully more well informed. People vary widely: one advice does not fit all.

The idea is not to instill fear, but to simply state the mechanics and real risks so as to be informed (and therefore more capable of applying appropriate remedies), not fearful.

A couple of notes about the stagnation disharmonies:

1. It takes a substantial period of time (+ mis-directed practice) for them to become serious. Can't give any hard rules, but generally over a period of years.

2. This is not as much of a risk when you're younger, when blood circulation tends to be excellent. When you're younger the body's resilient capacity to compensate for mis-guided practice is much greater. Generally, somewhere in one's 30's the body's resilience gradually starts to diminish.

If someone starts mis-guided practice in their 20's and continues diligently into their 30's, they can accumulate a real tangle that is difficult to resolve. If, however, they are aware of the mechanics (risks & rewards) then it's more likely that they can deepen their practice with a greater degree of confidence, safety and success, navigate the risks more skillfully... whether or not that includes retention, as it's not the right thing for everyone. For those that harmoniously integrate retention, there are very real benefits.

Trunk

i see where you're coming from and i understand, i apologize if i came off like a you know what.

Edited by mantis

i see where you're coming from and i understand, i apologize if i came off like a you know what.
Cool, and you didn't at all. :)

Rolf,

Semen retention is very healthy but very dificult. It is important to know that it is not done with just the retention of the semen, you have to learn first how to convert this powerful energy fountain into useful (spiritual) energy.

This can be done with a special inverted breathing technique, which is the first step for successful semen retention. If you do not learn this, the accumulated energy could become destructive energy because it stays in the lower part of the body instead of flewing through the backspine into your brain.

The second step is increasing your emotional self control by way of chi kung and avoiding sexual stimulus of any kind during at least one month. This is important to "close the door" so that the energy could not escape. The first goal is 100 days without ejaculation. You can have sex when you feel strong enough to control your sexual desire. It is strongly recommended to speak with your partner about your goal and make her understand that she has to support you with your endeavor, stopping instantly stimulating you when you are in "danger" of ejaculation. When you feel that you come to the point of an orgasm you have to stop instantly, put your head back to your neck and breath with your diaphragm and pump with your prostate gland.

This will channel your orgasm inside instead of ejaculating outside.

You will notice that the orgasm last a lot longer than normally and that you are not tyred after it. While it seems a little strange for your partner the first time, she will apreciate the result because you can go ahead satisfying her much longer.

The semen retention is mens strongest energy weapon. Have in mind that we where born with a certain amount of prenatal energy and the day that our prenatal energy is all spend we will die.

To prolongate our life there are two ways: 1.To accumulate external energy (with chi kung,healthy food,etc.) and 2.To avoid the escape of energy (ejaculation, stress, bad food, addiction to vice,etc.), while the ejaculation is where we loose (too) big energy amounts in an instant.

The best rule is to start all over if you should get weak on your way to the 100 day abstinence. Take yourself time, we are all just humans.

Rolf,

Semen retention is very healthy but very dificult. It is important to know that it is not done with just the retention of the semen, you have to learn first how to convert this powerful energy fountain into useful (spiritual) energy.

This can be done with a special inverted breathing technique, which is the first step for successful semen retention. If you do not learn this, the accumulated energy could become destructive energy because it stays in the lower part of the body instead of flewing through the backspine into your brain.

The second step is increasing your emotional self control by way of chi kung and avoiding sexual stimulus of any kind during at least one month. This is important to "close the door" so that the energy could not escape. The first goal is 100 days without ejaculation. You can have sex when you feel strong enough to control your sexual desire. It is strongly recommended to speak with your partner about your goal and make her understand that she has to support you with your endeavor, stopping instantly stimulating you when you are in "danger" of ejaculation. When you feel that you come to the point of an orgasm you have to stop instantly, put your head back to your neck and breath with your diaphragm and pump with your prostate gland.

This will channel your orgasm inside instead of ejaculating outside.

You will notice that the orgasm last a lot longer than normally and that you are not tyred after it. While it seems a little strange for your partner the first time, she will apreciate the result because you can go ahead satisfying her much longer.

The semen retention is mens strongest energy weapon. Have in mind that we where born with a certain amount of prenatal energy and the day that our prenatal energy is all spend we will die.

To prolongate our life there are two ways: 1.To accumulate external energy (with chi kung,healthy food,etc.) and 2.To avoid the escape of energy (ejaculation, stress, bad food, addiction to vice,etc.), while the ejaculation is where we loose (too) big energy amounts in an instant.

The best rule is to start all over if you should get weak on your way to the 100 day abstinence. Take yourself time, we are all just humans.

You are advocating retrograde ejaculation, sending your semem into you bladder where it is destroyed by acidic urine. This can cause infertilty and you still orgasm (early comments discussed how it was the draining feeling of an orgasm that must be avoided). You are drained and the semem dies. Also, Semem does not travel up your spine and into your brain if you induce retrograde ejaculation.... nor if you do anything for that matter.

sperm in your brain!!!!!!!!!!!

so next time my girl complains of a headache i know what to tell her :D

I am not sure on the semen retention teqhniques but anything that really jumps in the way of a natural process using muscle power just sounds bad to me.

i keep my practice very very simple, the more comlex practice i imagine will come to me in me way when i am ready

however

after sex i do sometimes feel drained and very empty in the pelvic region, which a part from making me feel weak is damed uncomfortable

the opposite is true for when i have gone for a while without any action

if you are trying to go a long time with out any emmission, it is like givning up any other addictions, addictions steal you energy just by you giving in to them anyway....simply you don't think about it, i work out everynight in both aikido, bagua and strength training related to those to arts. i remind myself how strong i feel when i am er.................. full and i just have other things on my mind

for the matter of sex rather than self pleasuring, i am always very careful about who i go with having sex with the wrong woman... during sex and through ejaculation you are giving alot of energy to someone, if they are not giving it back to you then afterwards you can feel really weak and lst and sometimes even sick. but whent he energy is cycliing better then sex can make you feel very uplifting

just a few of my own personla view from a low level :)

Sign in to follow this