el_tortugo

jala neti

does anyone know of any neti recipies with oil for neti fun?

i've been doing it off and on and someone mentioned using oil in there and how good it is for dry climates such as mine.

wow no one does neti?

Its great for city dwellers and folks in dry dusty environs.... and people interested in a new prolonged high.

wow no one does neti?

Its great for city dwellers and folks in dry dusty environs.... and people interested in a new prolonged high.

5891[/snapback]

I have done neti a few times (assuming we are talking about the same thing, pouring salt water through the nose?) Never done it with oil, I have just used warm water and added salt. I think I read somewhere that adding eucalyptus was a good idea, but never got round to it.

wow no one does neti?

5891[/snapback]

I do :) , but I use the oil differently. Look in my blog under "Scandinavian Chi Kung". It's really a good thing to keep one's nose clean.

hmmm...

how does chewing oil clear your sinuses?

The descriptions I know said that it's done indirectly, not only the oral, but also the nasal cavity and the auditory canal are activated / cleaned through the oil and the chewing movement.

and you use about a teaspoon of sunflower oil? and just chew for 15 minuets?

that is amazing... ive got to try it..... how long would you say one needs to do it to start seeing results?

on the auditory canal.... are you saying the wax comes out?

5909[/snapback]

Begin with a teaspoon and go on with a tablespoon (of cold-pressed high quality oil). You have to get used to it - control the reflex to throw up or to swallow. The oil in your mouth can really feel strange in the beginning. It's really a question of practice (but if you're used to saliva practices, it's quite easy). You'll get used to the oil. Never swallow the stuff (in terms of chi it would be like ingesting bad chi again). Clean your oral cavity throughly afterwards: brush your teeth and clean your tongue. You'll probably get a running nose as a cleaning reaction. The cleaning of the auditory canal is not so obvious, but I experienced a production of more wax for quite some time. The time frame for good health results: around 3 - 6 months (up to one year). Cleaning reactions can be monitored probably after some weeks of diligent practice. All depends on your body and your condition.

Do it in the morning. No drinking or eating beforehand. If the oil and saliva you're spitting out is watery and white (not yellow anymore), you have practiced long enough (10-30 minutes; it depends). Don't only chew the oil, pull it through the teeth (like in the saliva practices). Work with the oil and saliva in your mouth. You can do it several times a day (same rules apply; should be quite some time after the last meal). Don't overdo it at the beginning. Start with the morning practice. That's usually more than enough. I usually do it while preparing for the day. It doesn't consume extra time while sitting on the toilet and taking a morning shower. Have patience!

Try it! And don't forget to monitor and share your experience. :wacko: