froggie

Tea

anyone tried essaic tea. it seems to be good for a lot of stuff

Yes but the real thing is two hours of simmering and pressing, and the bogus one isn't worth bothering with.

It's not a "tea" in the sense "refreshment," it's a medicinal decoction.

Edited by Taomeow

Heard a lot about its benefits...Does it have a really bad taste?

No, it's not bad, but if it's the real thing, it's got slimy texture. :o

Hi there all, Pu-erh tea is one type of tea that aids digestion and is used as a weight loss tea, it is also delicious and one of my favorites, it pretty much only comes from Yunnan province in China, there is a good overview of it here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea

Someone also mentioned Bonjemi tea, this is also from China and is another good one, here in aus it is sold quite cheaply at asian grocery stores in loose leaf and bags, so i guess it would be cheap in the states to if thats where you are, its basically tea with a bunch of Chinese digestive herbs thrown in.

For everyone interested in Chinese tea ie green, white, oolong, pu-erh i found a great ebay store, its basically a western guy who is studying Chinese Medicine in China and makes his money selling tea, he seems to really know his tea and has heaps on sale for very reasonable prices, the postage is a bit though, less if you live in aus but more if you live in america, im yet to order any off him though, but its cool to check out all the tea he's got! mainly pu-erh-

http://stores.ebay.com/Yunnan-Sourcing-LLC

I love tea!

Oh yeah, there was another thing i wanted to put in my post but forgot, i have definately noticed lots of rip off style merchants selling tea on the internet and elsewhere touting miraculous claims ect, knowing a bit about Chinese herbs and tea and how much some of these places actually buy this stuff for you realize what an incredible mark up is occuring!