froggie

Tea

I was just reading a bit about wu-yi tea,

its characteristics apparently have a higher 'fat burning' quality than other teas.

My question is, what is really true of this?

Does one really burn more fat when adding this to a diet? And would it be a very very tiny little bit of difference or pretty significant? That's my question. Ofcourse the graphic bars on the site are meant to look impressive, but they tell next to nothing.

oh by the way, this is the actual site i was reading:

http://www.wu-yi.com/tea_original.html

And on a side note, what other teas do you like and for what reason? (flavor, constituents, etc)

Edited by froggie

its characteristics apparently have a higher 'fat burning' quality than other teas.

Does one really burn more fat when adding this to a diet? And would it be a very very tiny little bit of difference or pretty significant? That's my question. Ofcourse the graphic bars on the site are meant to look impressive, but they tell next to nothing.

And on a side note, what other teas do you like and for what reason? (flavor, constituents, etc)

Did someone mention Tea? :D

Why yes please don't mind if I do ... I'll have mine with a twist of lemon. ;)

Haven't tried Wu-yi tea ... sounds nice though.

I'm a bit of an Aussie bush kid so nice strong, black billy tea made on a campfire with the stars shining overhead and a fresh spring-fed mountain stream flowing by is just the thing for me. Y'all welcome to join me anytime at all (a sincere invitation).

Does one really burn more fat when adding this to a diet? And would it be a very very tiny little bit of difference or pretty significant? That's my question.

A question that interests me too. I got some Anxi Benshaun wulong http://www.enjoyingtea.com/anbeoo.html which is suppose to be good for weight loss too.

Not that I can drink any because my order has not turned up yet :( Worried that customs might have got it :ph34r:

Fire up the billy Stig :lol:

I really enjoy Jasmine tea and it complements food perfectly.

Peppermint tea also aids digestion and also both teas are known to relax the body.

They should both be drunk light and obviuosly without milk and sugar.

Apparently capsules are the way to go!!!

I was at a breaking point in my life and did not know what else to try. I have always been overweight. The Wu-Yi Slim Caps made it easy for me to get the tea into my body without the hassle of making tea in the mornings and afternoons. http://www.wu-yi.com

ROFL yes making tea is such a big hassle :)

Froggie, frankly speaking that "Wu-Yi" tea is nothing else than plain Chinese green tea from the Wuyi mountains. By accident I just recently got big amounts as a present from a Chinese client, it's still in my trunk... I prefer to buy my green tea directly from the farmers in China to get the highest quality of green tea.

Green tea is in fact aiding digestion, but it also cools out the spleen-stomach system, if drunk heavily, or if your stomach is in a weak condition generally. It can cause some problems and keeps your mind awake for ages (not the body), if you drink it constantly during the day.

You better try Jiaogulan tea for a daily drink, having the effects of Ginseng, but not cooling out the stomach or having too much tannins...

Or just stick to the most classical Chinese dietary advice and the best-ever drink...: hot water!

Froggie, frankly speaking that "Wu-Yi" tea is nothing else than plain Chinese green tea from the Wuyi mountains. By accident I just recently got big amounts as a present from a Chinese client, it's still in my trunk... I prefer to buy my green tea directly from the farmers in China to get the highest quality of green tea.

Green tea is in fact aiding digestion, but it also cools out the spleen-stomach system, if drunk heavily, or if your stomach is in a weak condition generally. It can cause some problems and keeps your mind awake for ages (not the body), if you drink it constantly during the day.

You better try Jiaogulan tea for a daily drink, having the effects of Ginseng, but not cooling out the stomach or having too much tannins...

Or just stick to the most classical Chinese dietary advice and the best-ever drink...: hot water!

Be careful ordering tea from china. I ordered $300 worth of silver needle tea, only to have it "disappeared" by customs. Turns out a a new law prevents you from importing food or drink without paying thousands of dollars to do chemical analysis on it.

Be careful ordering tea from china. I ordered $300 worth of silver needle tea, only to have it "disappeared" by customs. Turns out a a new law prevents you from importing food or drink without paying thousands of dollars to do chemical analysis on it.

Thanks for the advice, you are wright indeed!

But I buy my tea IN China, as well as all TCM herbs directly from the farmers on a herb market in Shangai (at the edge of famous Yu Garden). There you can get e.g. the natural, raw Jiaogulan to make tea (which is sold in the west called "Immortal's herb" or similiar) for only a few bucks PER POUND.....

Anybody from Germany wants me to bring along something?

I ordered $300 worth of silver needle tea, only to have it "disappeared" by customs.

AAARRRGGgghhhh...... :wacko:

and I'm only imagining your pain. There are piles of drugs going through the post but they seise TEA!?! I hope they had the decency to at least drink it.

anyone else realising that true sincere given respect is:

- not given to those who command it by force or by forceful means, hatred is the predominant effect (and overtone) of that cause

- is given to those who are gentle and sincere and open and wellmeaning to all, and are open to others and what they would like etc

that's a big eye opener in all generalities in my opinion

(in respect to seizing of tea and any things at all of that or any similar a nature)

Actually now I feel even worse for mwight because D just called to let me know my tea has arrived :) Well one of 2 packages and apparently it's the one with the teacup in it! I wonder which tea's arrived,

Anxi Benshan Wulong

Dragon Well Green Tea

Pingshui Gunpowder Green Tea

I hope it's the gunpowder. Going to be a long afternoon....... wonder if I can hold out till after practice....

I'm excited :lol:

AAARRRGGgghhhh...... :wacko:

and I'm only imagining your pain. There are piles of drugs going through the post but they seise TEA!?! I hope they had the decency to at least drink it.

No Food or anything else intended for human OR animal consumption is allowed past customs. :/ I found out the hard way. Thought I was getting an awesome deal on 50lbs of premium silver needle tea, too bad I never got to drink it.. LOL

the chemical analysis sounds like an 'OK' idea,

just as long as it is quick, simple and costs very little. and is user friendly at the bare least. (less than 10 USD, which can be made possible.) and should be done on the spot. every rule which is meant to protect people should be comfortable to people.

Edited by froggie

the chemical analysis sounds like an 'OK' idea,

just as long as it is quick, simple and costs very little. and is user friendly at the bare least. (less than 10 USD, which can be made possible.) and should be done on the spot. every rule which is meant to protect people should be comfortable to people.

No were talking about thousands of dollars here. Usually the company exporting has to have a lab set up in the USA which reports to the FDA. I guess in light of the melamine milk scandal its not such a bad idea.

Does one really burn more fat when adding this to a diet? And would it be a very very tiny little bit of difference or pretty significant? That's my question.

I don't know about the wu-yi tea for weight loss.

The main tea I have always recommended when people wanted to lose weight was pretty much any type of Pu-erh. Pu-erh is generally a semi-fermented tea(Oolong) that has been aged for some time. Sometimes years and years. Pu-erh actually helps flush triglycerides from a person's system. Here is what Wiki says about it.

It is a bit of an acquired taste as it can be quite "musty" or "earthy" tasting. But you can get jasmine or chrysanthemum types which can be quite tasty. You can get multiple steeps from the leaves as well.

I actually avoid it as my metabolism seems to run quite high. The last thing I need is weight-loss.

I have a couple of favorite teas. On the greener side of things is a Jade Pearl Oolong or Jade Pearl Pouchong.

For blacks, I like Golden Yunnan and Keemun Mao Feng. Organic, of course!

hey daoseeker!

i`m a german tao bum and i like to drink green tea. if you "import" enough tea from china maybe you can sell some to me? that would be fantastic!

greetings from a german tao bum

hey daoseeker!

i`m a german tao bum and i like to drink green tea. if you "import" enough tea from china maybe you can sell some to me? that would be fantastic!

greetings from a german tao bum

Hi Sirius, I have plenty of highest grade Longjing (dragonwell) and Wuyi green tea. Where are you?

I am right now at the airport on my way to Shanghai and Longhushan later on. Anything particular you want that I could bring along....

This sounds like bad business practices from the supplier. They must have known the product could not reach you unless you are the first one. Can you get your money back? I also saw a website forum claiming wu yi for weightloss is oolong tea not green tea, does anyone know if it is oolong or green?

ok I checked out the website and the wu yi tea for weightloss is oolong tea and not green tea.

as a tea for weight loss you can also try a herbal tea blend called

BoJenMi

it contains chinese herbs for improving digestion and reducing weight

http://ezinearticles.com/?Bojenmi-Chinese-...s&id=865529

and

http://www.calmspirit.net/herbs/bojenmi.htm

for information

if you search online i am sure you can find a supply place to chip to you

or even at a local herb store maybe...

franklin

Thanks for all the replies and additions everyone.

And please feel free to stray somewhat from the trend of the topic, Mal and everyone, i don't mind, it's not as if every post has been disregarding the original question. So it's OK. :)

f_animatedthum_059dcd3.gif

innergy

Edited by froggie