Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

always hungry and thirsty. no matter how much eaten or drank.

i'm basically always hungry, unless I drink kombucha.

I don't know if it's a blood sugar thing or what. one time my hunger went away when I ate an apple. but i just ate a banana and i'm still hungry. in fact i just ate fried pork, some ham, an egg, spinach, a tomato, and as well as that banana, i'm still hungry. a lot of the time including now, it feels like i'm dehydrated and don't have enough oxygen in my body, so i'll drink a few liters of water and will get a headache from it and still feel thirsty. i get alot of headaches, that might be connected. I exercise everyday, but when i have these symptoms and go to my yichuan class where our sifu really pushes us, and we all soke the floors in sweat, all my negative symptoms go away. no headache, no thirst, full of O2, and not craving food but only hungry from the exercise. anyway, does anybody know what could possibly be going on here?

I don't know if it's a blood sugar thing or what. one time my hunger went away when I ate an apple. but i just ate a banana and i'm still hungry. in fact i just ate fried pork, some ham, an egg, spinach, a tomato, and as well as that banana, i'm still hungry. a lot of the time including now, it feels like i'm dehydrated and don't have enough oxygen in my body, so i'll drink a few liters of water and will get a headache from it and still feel thirsty. i get alot of headaches, that might be connected. I exercise everyday, but when i have these symptoms and go to my yichuan class where our sifu really pushes us, and we all soke the floors in sweat, all my negative symptoms go away. no headache, no thirst, full of O2, and not craving food but only hungry from the exercise. anyway, does anybody know what could possibly be going on here?

Perhaps your thingy-ma-jig is interfering with your whatcha-ma-call-it :lol:

Sorry jokes aside ... perhaps you should go see your local nutritionist or naturopath.

symptoms and go to my yichuan class where our sifu really pushes us, and we all soke the floors in sweat, all my negative symptoms go away. no headache, no thirst, full of O2, and not craving food but only hungry from the exercise. anyway, does anybody know what could possibly be going on here?

diabetes. you need to restrict severely all hydrocarbs in your diet.

I don't know if it's a blood sugar thing or what. one time my hunger went away when I ate an apple. but i just ate a banana and i'm still hungry.

Apples are known to be able to balance out blood sugar levels so you might want to check out that angle.

I agree with Procurator, restrict all simple carbs. Bananas are a simple carb, so are white flour, fried starches, obviously sugar etc.

But really, go see a doc about it.

Edited by freesun

Your on the right track. Keep practicing and eat the best quality food you can get. Combinations and Variety to diet is key. Fill your belly with bomb fuel and keep practicing.

Yeah the symptoms sound somewhat like early diabetes :/ I'd go and see a doctor (a TCM one wouldn't hurt either) as it might get worse if you don't do anything about it. Also even if you have it, it doesn't necessarily mean you need to live the rest of your life hooked up on insulin if you eat well (no bad carbs as someone said) and cultivate. I hope you get better!

Go to your docter ! He can do a simple test to see if you have or are developing diabetes. Nothing to directly panic about but always better to know early on.

Others signs can be: drinking (thirst) and peeing alot ! problems with your feet or toes (or other extremities) due to lesser blood circulation in that area (tingling ?) and also hypoglycemia .. when hungry: dizzyness, low blood pressure, minor trembling wich stops quickly after intake of sugar.

Recognise these ?

apart from Diabetes (you should really see a doctor to get it checked) it might be a spleen-stomach defiency. That disgnosis leads to constant thirst. But the more you drink the more dampness you cause in that spleen system which leads to more thirst.

The same defiency leads to a lack of utilisation of food, which along with heavy training leads to even more hunger....

Check out a TCM practioner. If the case, cure with following dietary advice:

1. no chilled drinks, especially not before eating or after exercises

2. no raw, greasy or chilled food

3. not too much sugar of any type (but first check the Diabetes)

4. have some hot water with some slices of fresh ginger first every morning and in the evening

Apart from that there are of course much more TCM prescriptions, but mostly it can be much better with the above advices.

apart from Diabetes (you should really see a doctor to get it checked) it might be a spleen-stomach defiency. That disgnosis leads to constant thirst. But the more you drink the more dampness you cause in that spleen system which leads to more thirst.

The same defiency leads to a lack of utilisation of food, which along with heavy training leads to even more hunger....

Check out a TCM practioner. If the case, cure with following dietary advice:

2. no raw, greasy or chilled food

I suffered from similar problems than Pranaman and one thing that really helped FOR ME was changing my diet to more low carb (and I started eating meat again a little). My diet includes liberal use of cream&butter (in addition to good natural oils like virgin olive oil, coconut oil and virgin sesame oil) and I feel that at least my body and digestion thrives on proper, natural fat (in addition to other good stuff, of course). I don't advocate to uncritically increase your fat intake, but this might be something very useful to experiment with. Of course your body knows best, so learn what makes YOU feel good & stable (and I agree that chilled or too much raw food won't most probably be the answer).

If you've cycled rifined sugar or other refined carbs out of your diet there can be an adjustment period where you feel hungry after full meals. try drinking essentia bottled water its structured and is ph adjusted.

I had exactly the same problem to the extreme, but when I started practicing zhan zhuang it completely went away. However, it sometimes comes back after 'holding the belly' position. Not sure why or what the problem is caused by.

i think you are doing a whole lot with your body,

and it is trying to repair and build as much as it possibly can, that's why the enormous hunger and thirst.

i think this is one good example of when adaptogens can be used. :) (along with just giving your body what it's asking for, and also a little more rest and a little less work ... i'm not saying you should flip it all around though, just a small bit. see if that does something. :)

oh, yes, p.s. and only for some amount of time, not always and not 'too' long, that adaptogen (If to go on to using it.)

Edited by froggie

Your on the right track. Keep practicing and eat the best quality food you can get. Combinations and Variety to diet is key. Fill your belly with bomb fuel and keep practicing.

Spectrum could you please elaborate on good combinations of foods?

Thanks

See both a western doctor, for blood work etc, and a TCM practitioner. What you describe is a classic symptom of Stomach Fire/Heat. Spleen deficiency would usually result in a decreased appetite. Just check with your GP for safety sake, then see an acupuncturist for some needles and a good formula for your constitution.

Sign in to follow this