Now I will go on alone

Everywhere I encounter him

Right now he is me

Right now I am not him

One must understand this way

Only then does one merge with Thusness.

Tung-shan's Enlightment Verse from The Record of Pointing at the Moon

Quoted in Working Towards Enlightenment p 245

Getting towards the end of this book, at last :) Thought people may enjoy this verse.

I was tempted to change him to it or the true self as I found him a bit exclusive, but as you can see I left it as quoted. There is also a nice little one page explanation that I could run through the scanner if anyone is interested.

Do not seek from others

They are far distant from me

Now I will go on alone

Everywhere I encounter him

Right now he is me

Right now I am not him

One must understand this way

Only then does one merge with Thusness.

Tung-shan's Enlightment Verse from The Record of Pointing at the Moon

Quoted in Working Towards Enlightenment p 245

Getting towards the end of this book, at last :) Thought people may enjoy this verse.

I was tempted to change him to it or the true self as I found him a bit exclusive, but as you can see I left it as quoted. There is also a nice little one page explanation that I could run through the scanner if anyone is interested.

Do like that.

Thank you Mal .

Easy enough to understand weather "He" or otherwise,

not exclusive at all, I don't think?

sweet verse.

Good timing, too, kid.

thanks

Shon

You like the book it came from?

You like the book it came from?

Yes. Its a difficult read, takes time to digest, but very rewarding.

in this type of "zen" poetry "he" is a metaphor for anything that is external, it is not "true self" or a god, this poem is about removing subject-object dichotomy and was probably garbled in translation to boot.

yeah as noted elsewhere we find the best stuff to sculpt ourselves into/outof...within ourselves-

but without eachother to share it with it would be pretty lonely and that is sometimes not worth the sadness caused to eachother/ourselves-

sharing is a pretty fine state of being- tantric sex or silent smiles - we grow together as we LIVE - I think that is important to understand -compassion is painful and instructive but learning is a lonely process that requires scant direction- once you find the path that was meant to be yr life-

it may never occure to us as we seek but then why do we bother with all of this?

Sign in to follow this