Sign in to follow this  
NattyontheWay

'external' workout with taiji following

Hello All,

Here is a question I asked my teacher in the practice log that he is helping me to create. I've been going for about a year now, very glad to have started. Anyway, i thought it would be interesting to see your opinions.

a little explanation: 'Low Horse' is holding a low horse stance with the arms raised above and in front of the head, hands meeting at thumbs and and index tips.

CTS is Connective Tissue System (ligaments, etc.)

this is an active practice day, the minimum is 20 minutes of meditation or a slow passage through the form.

please comment,

302 - 19 Oct

Low Horse: 2:10

pushups: fingerpad on same wood floor: 10 before hand posture collapse

crunches: holding V: 60 count

form: 16:12 'objectively' short, but it felt great! Balance was greater than usual, posture stayed longer - felt smooth over the bumps on the ground on which i was moving...workout before form seems to improve form. Because it gets the body awake? Does the CTS need to be 'woken' up? Does it get stronger when challenged?

Hello All,

Here is a question I asked my teacher in the practice log that he is helping me to create. I've been going for about a year now, very glad to have started. Anyway, i thought it would be interesting to see your opinions.

a little explanation: 'Low Horse' is holding a low horse stance with the arms raised above and in front of the head, hands meeting at thumbs and and index tips.

CTS is Connective Tissue System (ligaments, etc.)

this is an active practice day, the minimum is 20 minutes of meditation or a slow passage through the form.

please comment,

302 - 19 Oct

Low Horse: 2:10

pushups: fingerpad on same wood floor: 10 before hand posture collapse

crunches: holding V: 60 count

form: 16:12 'objectively' short, but it felt great! Balance was greater than usual, posture stayed longer - felt smooth over the bumps on the ground on which i was moving...workout before form seems to improve form. Because it gets the body awake? Does the CTS need to be 'woken' up? Does it get stronger when challenged?

Hey!

Way wanderin' one!

Some questions for ya?

Is it the practice log you've been doing for a year?

Think you had said in another post you've been studying martial arts and all a bit longer, right?

Dose your teacher talk to you about CTS? lol... am jealous : )

What do the #'s and all mean?

302- ? 19 oct.

16:12? the amount of time you did the form?

Active practice day?

Are some based more on like a still meditation or do you alternate days you practice?

Would be interested in reading more of your practice log,

I also practice an old yang style, with friends who are very into the martial!

... that's what hooked me, too! :D

U do push hands?

U should do push hands every day!!!

I am sure there are some classmates that would love such a form of entertainment.

I mean practice, of coarse!

You may want to send a note off to Sean.

Good guy, runs this site ( i think with others, Yoda helps too, maybe?)

But ask him to set you up with a practice log!

Not many folks chech out the lobby for some odd reason?

Don't get it?

but if you put this in a journal/practice log folks may be more apt to see it!

Can also try posting it in the "Taoist Discussion" section.

Have fun,

Stay well,

practice your Tui Shu!!!

LOL

Shon

:D

enjoy the Bum's!

Sign in to follow this