Sign in to follow this  
sean

Update to Personal Practice Discussion forum

In an effort to make the Personal Practice Discussion forum a little more like a personal blog, particularly in the sense that members have more control over their journal threads, I've moved the journal post(s) of every member that has been active in their journal in the last 30 days or so into a new subforum with their member name and given them moderator priveleges of it..

This means that you rule your subforum. -_-

You can make as many topics in there as you see fit, you can make polls, pin/unpin topics to always stay at the top, close/open topics to end discussion in them, and even delete topics/posts by you or any other member.

I don't have time to document a how-to for all of this at the moment, but it's not too hard so mess around with things, feel free to ask a bunch of questions and please give me feedback with any comments/criticisms about this decision. I figured it'd be easier to just implement it so we can play with this setup and then decide yay or nay rather than try to explain it and figure out in our heads if it would be cool or not.

If you don't see a subforum with your name on it and you want to start a personal practice journal just PM me and I'll make you one.

One extra thing, I hope everyone is aware of the "View New Posts" feature of the forum up at the top right. It makes it so easy to see all the new posts since your last visit and jump right to them. I mention this because now with the subforums it adds an extra click to getting to each person's journal which could annoy you if you were used to fishing around for new posts that way.

Sean.

You are really good Sean. You are making this a world class site.

Peace

Michael

P.s. Hope you got the Minke guided meds. I love'em and think any one into Taoism would find them a unique treasure.

Thanks Michael. You should see my Tao Bums to-do list. Lot's of great things planned coming soon. B)

And yes, I just received Minke's guided meditations. Hopefully getting them up over the weekend.

Thanks again!

Sean.

Sign in to follow this