cloud recluse

Sluggish Thyroid.

Pathogenic microorganisms, the primary cause of disease, are made weaker and most are killed as they pass through the thyroid, provided, it has its normal supply of iodine. Clinical studies show that very few people have enough iodine in their thyroid to function optimally. This deficiency has occurred in the 20th century because of chlorine in drinking water, the alteration of natural food sources and modern farming practices. Aggravating the problem is that the body does not conserve iodine, therefore, we must get a regular supplemental intake to maintain optimal health.
Maybe you need some more dietary iodine (but not too much)...
Iodine is an effective, simple, and cost-efficient means of water disinfection for people who vacation, travel, or work in areas where municipal water treatment is not reliable. However, there is considerable controversy about the maximum safe iodine dose and duration of use when iodine is ingested in excess of the recommended daily dietary amount. The major health effect of concern with excess iodine ingestion is thyroid disorders, primarily hypothyroidism with or without iodine-induced goiter.
Edited by vortex

Dietary lifestyle changes: soy products and peanut products are both bad for thryoid. I can't recall the details now but they are antagonistic to iodine and /or thyroid toxic. Also, poisonous green tea from china is very bad for thyroid, use only high quality Japanese or organic green teas (or black tea too), but not organic from China =)

Dietary lifestyle changes: soy products and peanut products are both bad for thryoid. I can't recall the details now but they are antagonistic to iodine and /or thyroid toxic. Also, poisonous green tea from china is very bad for thyroid, use only high quality Japanese or organic green teas (or black tea too), but not organic from China =)

Do you mean all organic green tea from china is poisonous in general.

Please clarify and elucidate.

Thanks

I just feel they can't be trusted with some things and so if they say their tea is organic it still may not be organic. However if it is certified as organic by some testing lab in your country then it is probably safe. I've heard that as part of the drying process for (non organic) green tea they drive diesel trucks back and forth over it (with the exhaust aiming downwards)

Hello

Not exactly a taoist aproach,but still alternative medicine and medicine aproach.

I can highly recomend the book. "Thyroid power, 10 steps to total health" by Richard and Karilee Shames.

They take into acount many factors in your life that is important while trying to something against your hypothyroidism.

FD

I just feel they can't be trusted with some things and so if they say their tea is organic it still may not be organic. However if it is certified as organic by some testing lab in your country then it is probably safe. I've heard that as part of the drying process for (non organic) green tea they drive diesel trucks back and forth over it (with the exhaust aiming downwards)

Third-party certified organic is certified the same way all across the planet. The same could be said about any organic product from anywhere, even in the U.S.

The idea about the trucks is ridiculous! China is the home of tea. Much of it comes from small plots/small farmers. That is why it has been so hard to get certified organic teas, the farmers just can't afford the extra costs. Using trucks(added expense) to dry the tea makes no sense if you have studied tea at all.

I've seen this type of xenophobia working in retail produce departments over the years. It is funny to me that up until very recently, getting Chinese products(especially tea and china) was a luxury experience. China now seems to be more and more demonized as it rises into a 1rst world power. Every country that produces anything on a large scale will have some problems but just as Mexican produce has been demonized I see Chinese products facing a similar fate.

Third-party certified organic is certified the same way all across the planet. The same could be said about any organic product from anywhere, even in the U.S.

The idea about the trucks is ridiculous! China is the home of tea. Much of it comes from small plots/small farmers. That is why it has been so hard to get certified organic teas, the farmers just can't afford the extra costs. Using trucks(added expense) to dry the tea makes no sense if you have studied tea at all.

I've seen this type of xenophobia working in retail produce departments over the years. It is funny to me that up until very recently, getting Chinese products(especially tea and china) was a luxury experience. China now seems to be more and more demonized as it rises into a 1rst world power. Every country that produces anything on a large scale will have some problems but just as Mexican produce has been demonized I see Chinese products facing a similar fate.

From what I've seen, the Taiwanese tea is the best (at least for wulong).

I agree that tea from China is inconsistent at best. It often has a strange flavor.

Chinese products have been demonized for good reason.

I don't believe it is xenophobia. It is a response to toxic products coming out of China.

Just look at air and water pollution in China - health does not appear to be a very high priority in Beijing...

The US is not much better in that arena but I do believe the US has a much more effective consumer protection program in place - it's not perfect but it's something.

From what I've seen, the Taiwanese tea is the best (at least for wulong).

I agree that tea from China is inconsistent at best. It often has a strange flavor.

Chinese products have been demonized for good reason.

I don't believe it is xenophobia. It is a response to toxic products coming out of China.

Just look at air and water pollution in China - health does not appear to be a very high priority in Beijing...

The US is not much better in that arena but I do believe the US has a much more effective consumer protection program in place - it's not perfect but it's something.

How many beef recalls has the U.S. had in the last 5 years? America, China, Mexico. It hardly matters.

I think the saying is "if you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs".

But I do agree. My favorite Oolongs have been Taiwanese. Jade Pearl, Tung Ting style!

I bought some organic green tea in Chinatown NYC and was surprised the organic was cheaper.

Couldn't figure out why.

Maybe the Chinese don't charge for not using pesticides the way they do here in the US :)

I was thinking and imagining not really knowing but my intuition kicks in here that the spinal breathing of Yogani's in stimulating the pituitary, the " master gland" would as the master gland bring the whole glandular system into balance. Isn't it the glandular system, an aspect of jing, and as it is worked in qi gong it all brought into balance? My two cents for reflection.

Bill

• Like 1

I've hypothyroid in my family, but test within normal range. (Often hypothyroidism is marginal and within md's normal range.) I'd tried Dr. Ron's Sea Vegetables Plus: Nutrients for a Healthy Thyroid before, but found it too zippy (and had other things going on at the time). I've more recently dug the bottle out of my cupboard and have given it another try:

After experimentation, I've cut the dose *way* back. The bottle says "2 caps/day" and I've cut it down to 1/3rd of a cap per day. Even as little as 1 cap was too much. At this rate, the bottle should last me about a year and a half.

Good results: deeper breathing, sexual energy 'lifts' more easily, better mood, more energy in general.

• Like 1