Sign in to follow this  
thedole

Hsin Tao, I'm curious..

I saw Hsin Tao mentioned in a thread here a little while back and as usual when I don't know what something is I googled it. I found hsintao.com and while it sounded intriguing from the site, most things sound from the mouth of the ones promoting something. Tried googling with site:www.thetaobums.com also but feel none the wiser.

So I'm curious about what experiences the tao bums have with this system. Are the postures meant to "move chi" in a chi kung kind of way or is this a whole other take on things? I'm basically curious about all things Hsin Tao related. ;)

edit:

more googling led me to this interview with Ratziel Bander that I found quite informative..

Edited by thedole

"If you want to know salt, you must first taste it"

-Daskalos

Point taken! ;) I feel it is likely that this specific type of salt will entertain my tastebuds in the future..

I saw Hsin Tao mentioned in a thread here a little while back and as usual when I don't know what something is I googled it. I found hsintao.com and while it sounded intriguing from the site, most things sound from the mouth of the ones promoting something. Tried googling with site:www.thetaobums.com also but feel none the wiser.

I just checked the website.. frankly speaking another guy coming up with a big "Secret" kind of stuff.

In the introduction and the interview he is in fact talking about Bodhidharma and the Shaolin monastery, and that nobody has ever been authorised in the west (except him of course) to teach that style of that secret lineage, which was taught until cultural revolution etc. etc. etc.

to be honest, I don't know whether this guy is legitimated to teach anything, or wether such a thing called Hsin Tao (in Pinyin transcription Xindao - Way of the heart, or Dao of the mind) as a lineage or orthodox practice ever existed.

BUT: The way to promote it picking "Secrets" and lineages and all that stuff, and then in fact coming up with that Shaolin story, which hundreds of thousands of Zen or other practioners can easily identify as the Bodhidharma story... that's easy ignorant, impertinent or just silly.....

(Sorry for all the harsh words, but evolution in that field of life leads to fantastic things like the taobums, but there are still some prehistoric artefacts like this guy out there...)

I just checked the website.. frankly speaking another guy coming up with a big "Secret" kind of stuff.

In the introduction and the interview he is in fact talking about Bodhidharma and the Shaolin monastery, and that nobody has ever been authorised in the west (except him of course) to teach that style of that secret lineage, which was taught until cultural revolution etc. etc. etc.

to be honest, I don't know whether this guy is legitimated to teach anything, or wether such a thing called Hsin Tao (in Pinyin transcription Xindao - Way of the heart, or Dao of the mind) as a lineage or orthodox practice ever existed.

BUT: The way to promote it picking "Secrets" and lineages and all that stuff, and then in fact coming up with that Shaolin story, which hundreds of thousands of Zen or other practioners can easily identify as the Bodhidharma story... that's easy ignorant, impertinent or just silly.....

(Sorry for all the harsh words, but evolution in that field of life leads to fantastic things like the taobums, but there are still some prehistoric artefacts like this guy out there...)

Not sure about the origins and stuff! This seems to be going the Max and his students' way but the practice is awesome...

I agree with the view of the sensationalism of it all! But in spite of this there is something about it that speaks to me on some level anyway. Good chance its just on the level of my mind who can't stop searching instead of accepting and embracing what I already do and know though. My inquisitive mind is a sucker for amazing claims of fast results I'm afraid..

Not sure about the origins and stuff! This seems to be going the Max and his students' way but the practice is awesome...

Got a little confused, you mean the practice of Hsin Tao or the practice of Kunlun is awesome(or both)? And what relation between Max and Hsin Tao did you mean? That of how it is presented?

I meant Hsin Tao is awesome! That's all ... based on a little of what I have been practicing so far!

The confusion regarding the origin, and all that, I kind of ignored as also the marketing that accompanies the technique, based on a tip from Xienkula and stuck to the practice. This has been the find of this decade for me...

Kunlun, I don't practice so I have nothing to say about it. I just mentioned that for some reason and it was probably irrelevant and out of context.

The only way these days to get student in is to MARKET it like its the quick quick path, or secret system no only given to the west, demon caves, flying monks,secret transmissions, wudang, shaolin, death touch, Mo Pai, kunlun, levitations, Bon Po, jesus christ, boddhisattvas, Lao Tzu's....unfortunately this is what most people want to read from a website and then believe it in themselves and then its the best thing ever and no one can change that.

I have see just a clip of Hsin Tao and it basicially has spine movements that are used in all internal arts which most important for healthy body. I dont think its any different to other arts of Dragon Body movements but the spine is a major player in opening up the energy for seated meditations later.

SA

I have see just a clip of Hsin Tao and it basicially has spine movements that are used in all internal arts which most important for healthy body. I dont think its any different to other arts of Dragon Body movements but the spine is a major player in opening up the energy for seated meditations later.

SA

Well, till you have practiced something, how can you dismiss or conclude about an entire system based on a short clip you have seen? Moreover, what is shown in the video is just one simple movement which constitutes of a really small percentage of the system! Let's get real here and stop concluding based on "what we think"! Study, practice for a while and then share the experience... does that not sound better than speaking from nowhere? :huh:

Rain,

Did the video finally reach you? A friend in Ireland waited for about 3 months for his video... and probably still is.. :D

Edited by SiliconValley

Sillicon,

Im saying marketing is huge tool to get people in and i have been told that Hsin Tao uses spine movements which i think is a major player in health and chi cultivation. So there is no different to spine exercises in Dao Yin or what i teach in Dragon Body system.

You reading into my words i was poking fun at how marketing has to use words that connect to the human eye and mind (thoughts) thats what its about!

Ape

Sillicon,

Im saying marketing is huge tool to get people in and i have been told that Hsin Tao uses spine movements which i think is a major player in health and chi cultivation. So there is no different to spine exercises in Dao Yin or what i teach in Dragon Body system.

You reading into my words i was poking fun at how marketing has to use words that connect to the human eye and mind (thoughts) thats what its about!

Ape

Ah okay, gotchya :)

I guess marketing is a two edged sword. It may draw in the masses and maybe scare away some of the more serious students as they find it questionable..? Or maybe not, because those that are inclined to be deterred are probably already into good systems already and wouldn't be swayed over anyways.. Or maybe I could use a good slap in the head to stop my thinking too much! :rolleyes:

I meant Hsin Tao is awesome! That's all ... based on a little of what I have been practicing so far!

The confusion regarding the origin, and all that, I kind of ignored as also the marketing that accompanies the technique, based on a tip from Xienkula and stuck to the practice. This has been the find of this decade for me...

Kunlun, I don't practice so I have nothing to say about it. I just mentioned that for some reason and it was probably irrelevant and out of context.

Did you learn it from a seminar or remotely from the dvd or something? I ask because it seems energy transmissions is all the rage these days and wonder if that can be a contribution as to why there are so many testimonials about speedy healing, or if it's the techniques alone that has produced them.

I guess marketing is a two edged sword. It may draw in the masses and maybe scare away some of the more serious students as they find it questionable..? Or maybe not, because those that are inclined to be deterred are probably already into good systems already and wouldn't be swayed over anyways.. Or maybe I could use a good slap in the head to stop my thinking too much! :rolleyes:

Did you learn it from a seminar or remotely from the dvd or something? I ask because it seems energy transmissions is all the rage these days and wonder if that can be a contribution as to why there are so many testimonials about speedy healing, or if it's the techniques alone that has produced them.

None...picked the video, read the book and started off! I have to admit though that this is the first practice I did not learn directly from the teacher. Ratziel repeatedly tells one not to try too hard ... that seems to be the trick! From speaking to a student of his and reading his books, I do not hear anything about a transmission being involved, unless he does something in his workshop and does not speak about it. He does say that the techniques in the video are enough for most for the entire lifetime and can take them places.

None...picked the video, read the book and started off! I have to admit though that this is the first practice I did not learn directly from the teacher. Ratziel repeatedly tells one not to try too hard ... that seems to be the trick! From speaking to a student of his and reading his books, I do not hear anything about a transmission being involved, unless he does something in his workshop and does not speak about it. He does say that the techniques in the video are enough for most for the entire lifetime and can take them places.

Thanks for the insight!

I've never had a real live physical teacher of such things myself. I'm going to tai chi classes now but I think I'm the only one there with a cultivation mindset, more of a new age vibe there really. The teacher is nice but its the first class she teaches so it's a learning experience for her as well..

I'll probably be asking for Amazon gift cards for christmas (although stuff from amazon is unlikely to be delivered, but . . .) and this was something I was thinking about picking up after someone mentioned it a while ago.

Can anyone who has it tell me if it's different from the Damo qigong? The Muscle/Tendon Marrow/Brain stuff?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hsin tao is amazing stuff! I practice it and mentioned it in my intro but did not see anyone else practicing it or ever mentioning it. You may feel results immediately, right after the first practice. I find it to give me much faster results than any chi qong practice I have tried. I would not get the book if you are learning it for the first time, I took a class with Ratziel, but I would suggest the video instead, I think it could substitute for the class pretty well, although I do not own the video myself. It has no relation to kunlun and I mentioned it to Max and he was not familiar with it. I showed him a very quick demo of 2 of the movements and said it would be good for me, good for building yang chi (I think his words were yang chi).

Hsin tao is amazing stuff! I practice it and mentioned it in my intro but did not see anyone else practicing it or ever mentioning it. You may feel results immediately, right after the first practice. I find it to give me much faster results than any chi qong practice I have tried. I would not get the book if you are learning it for the first time, I took a class with Ratziel, but I would suggest the video instead, I think it could substitute for the class pretty well, although I do not own the video myself. It has no relation to kunlun and I mentioned it to Max and he was not familiar with it. I showed him a very quick demo of 2 of the movements and said it would be good for me, good for building yang chi (I think his words were yang chi).

Thanks, I think I must check this out sometime!! :)

Sign in to follow this