mantis

i think i found Li Jiong's school

check this link out

http://www.taijichn.com/pro.php?smid=3

upper right hand corner has the same symbol he uses, it also mentions that xuan ji practice. here's a quote

Xuan Ji training methods

Feature

This method contains an ancient internal energy spinning function(Xuan Ji), which can be automatically created after training for a short time and can automatically absorb energy from outside, so can keep you in the 24 hour automatic practice state, no matter what you do, so the entry into is faster than other methods. it is simple and safe, no abuses. Through training can treat most chronic diseases, strengthen health, as well can develop the intelligence and latent power.

Xuan Ji Zhuang

1. preparation motion

2. four motionless Zhuang: Wu Ji Zhuang; Tai Ji Zhuang; Liang Yi Zhuang; San Ti Zhuang.

3. five moving Zhuang: Dragon dance; Swords fly; Dragon spiral; Tortoise play; Crane stretch.

4. shaking Gong.

Xuan Ji Circle Training Method (he posted a video of this)

comments?

edit: after looking around, they offer a correspondence course for 250 euros, here's the paragraph.

Basic Course

Send off a detailed material book of Basic course(English), be written personally by Mr Yu, and a VCD disc of Qi Gong training, be personally demonstrated by Mr Yu, including Xuan Ji Zhuang and Xuan Ji circle. And a CD disc of Chinese classical music for meditation training, the tune very nice. The charge is 250 EUR person. Mr Yu will be responsible for long time to the instruction and health consultation.

that's about $334 BUT they do seem to offer meeting in person for real training.

Edited by mantis

cool another trinity posture. left hand looks high, finger goes to point under nose or lower lip.

cool another trinity posture. left hand looks high, finger goes to point under nose or lower lip.

Hi Spectrum,

Could you explain what a trinity posture is and what it's used for?

Thank you,

innergy

Yeah, i thought of FALUN as well but to according to millions still practicing Falun Gung it works and that is all that matters to people.

Interesting information!

Ape

For those interested in pursuing formal Taoist studies in China, this page offers information on how to:

http://www.damo-qigong.net/

I have no relation or interest or whatsoever with that enterprise.

Good luck!

Namo Aryavalokitesvaraya Bodhisattva Mahasattva Mahakarunakaya.

I guess you have missed the 2 (two) question marks I placed at the end of the sentence.

I don't know in your country but in our grammar they stand for a question

YM

Edited by YMWong

So I think at least - finding another teacher shows that Li Jiong is not just making the system up.

Whether it's good or bad or this or that, he obviously learned it from someone and this guy probably did too.

I talked to Li Jiong a bit privately about what's required to teach this system, etc. and on some other issues.

What I really would like is to see the texts of the school in more detail. If someone gets them (with permission) in Chinese I can basically read them and would like to.

I have a few "key indicators" that generally tip the scale in one direction or the other about whether or not I think something is a good practice or a bad one, and if it's good how effective or profound it might or might not be (caveat: not saying that I am the final authority on this - just for my own use) and if it's good I wouldn't mind catching a train to see what they're all about.

You are right: you did not miss my 2 (two) grammatical question marks but you keep passing above my 2 (two) punctuational question marks - only for the sake of finding a reason for your ad hominem.

Next time I'll have a question I'll make sure to consult Prof. Becker in advance for a spelling check before I post, would that suffice to reduce your anger ?

YM

EDIT: font size to help understanding

Edited by YMWong

So I think at least - finding another teacher shows that Li Jiong is not just making the system up.

Li Jiong allways refers to his teacher, called Seawater. I cant see this site mention him.

He has a lot of chinese text out on his forum and he even asked for someone to translate them. Maby you can talk to him about that, wudanquan?

YM,

I saw that you were simply asking if it was the same guy. A simple "no" would've sufficed. Whether one calls a question mark "grammar" or "punctuation" is really irrelevant here. Why all the bickering?

I saw that you were simply asking if it was the same guy. A simple "no" would've sufficed. Whether one calls a question mark "grammar" or "punctuation" is really irrelevant here. Why all the bickering?

Thanks Scotty

YM