林愛偉

Developing and Already Working Clinic

Hi Every One,

Since returning from China, I have been working on a lot of projects, and so far

this kind of development has been working out. I continued what I was doing before I went to China 4ys ago.

That is, I am continuing the clinic I used to have.

Below is the link to my webpage for the clinic. Just wanted to share with everyone the updates of the things I have been working on since coming back. No I haven't been lying on the recliner and munching on no-transfats potato chips! hahaha

Hands of Sweet Dew

Here are some pics:

Pics of Clinic

Enjoy!

Peace and Blessings,

Lin Ai Wei

P.S.- If anyone from the Taobums comes to see me for a treatment, I will donate $5.00 from their treatment fee to the Taobums forum.

Edited by 林愛偉

Its a work in progress ^_^

Lin,

Looks great. Big open spaces once you fold up that table for training.

I notice what looks like an ancestral tablet on the floor there. However, it isn't the custom to put it on the floor. Is it a local diety or the like?

And who are the three people in the painting above it?

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

Very nice Lin!

I look forward to visiting someday soon.

Best wishes for great success for you and your patients.

Lin,

Looks great. Big open spaces once you fold up that table for training.

I notice what looks like an ancestral tablet on the floor there. However, it isn't the custom to put it on the floor. Is it a local diety or the like?

And who are the three people in the painting above it?

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

The three people on the alter are : Guan Gong, Liu Bei and Zhang Fei. The ancestral tablet on the lower aspect

of the temple is to the Gods of the Earth and the directions. Its okay because its still on the temple/alter.

Here is a commercial I made for it..hahahaha just did it today:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C16sJ-yidxI

Nice commercial, Lin! You were very welcoming and calming in it...so I think that will help many people want to go there.

Nice commercial, Lin! You were very welcoming and calming in it...so I think that will help many people want to go there.

I did it just this afternoon.. hahaha Fun to play with the camera. Its funny.

Peace,

Lin

I did it just this afternoon.. hahaha Fun to play with the camera. Its funny.

Peace,

Lin

:D It's wonderful to see someone who is so giving harvesting the fruits of their karma. Next time I make it to NY, I am definitely booking a session at the Sweet Dew clinic for my shoulder. Congratulations again Lin!

P.S. For the next commercial, maybe Matt can hook you up with aussie Energizer guy :P .

:D It's wonderful to see someone who is so giving harvesting the fruits of their karma. Next time I make it to NY, I am definitely booking a session at the Sweet Dew clinic for my shoulder. Congratulations again Lin!

P.S. For the next commercial, maybe Matt can hook you up with aussie Energizer guy :P .

HAHAHAHAHA Come to tha clinic ...OI!

Want some good 'ole treating, we got your beating...

don't know what your missin' but here ain't for the kissin!

OI!

Very nice, Lin Sifu!

SO much more space than what i have. i'm a little jealous now!

:lol:

looking forward to going out there.

No Walk-ins?? Hahaha, thats a clear message conveyed through all dimensions :D

You make us really feel so secure and at peace, Lin. If I'm in NY one time I would certainly come see you right away for a treatment of the jetlag!

Very nice, Lin Sifu!

SO much more space than what i have. i'm a little jealous now!

:lol:

looking forward to going out there.

Really? Hey, just come down! I just felt we had this conversation over the phone! But we didn't...yet

hahahahaha

Hope you're doing fine. OI!

No Walk-ins?? Hahaha, thats a clear message conveyed through all dimensions :D

You make us really feel so secure and at peace, Lin. If I'm in NY one time I would certainly come see you right away for a treatment of the jetlag!

^_^

Yeah, NO -Walkins! It is such that during gongfu class, when utilizing the pole for strength training, and someone randomly walks in by pushing the heavy door with a thrust, the pole ends up in their face!. They either sign up for classes, or scream and run away. It has happened many times, and hilarious if on video! hahaha

But there is no extra room there, so anyone walking in will be sitting around, and or talking to a friend while I'm seeing a patient.

Anywho... I'll treat the jet lag for free..its a real simple method: I just get a tall glass of cold water, look at you directly in the eyes, and then SPLASH !!! throw the cold water on your face. If that doesn't wake you up while on the table, then there's no hope ! hahahaha (kidding)

All are welcome. Even to just hang for some tea! (the tea is free) hahaha

Peace,

Lin

Wonderful to see it coming together :)

Is the no acupuncture for...basically legal/insurance reasons? Of course, people cant take responsibility for their choices in this country :lol:

Wonderful to see it coming together :)

Is the no acupuncture for...basically legal/insurance reasons? Of course, people cant take responsibility for their choices in this country :lol:

haha I've been doing this work since I was 13. I don't utilize acupuncture on strangers for legal reasons.

Unless I know them very very very well. Any of my students, or family and their trusted friends, I will use the acupuncture. But random people who stop by, no way..lol

About responsibilities and this country...was it recently a 700billion dollar bailout??? hahahah

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Very nice. Now after looking at your website, it brings to mind a question that I have, and have never gotten a decent answer for from anyone, regarding the "alternative" medicine practices. You say on your website that you can treat emotional issues. Does this also mean that you could treat Bi-Polar disorder? And if so, would this mean I would need to be coughing up $50 a month forever, or is it a "curable" sort of thing?

Very nice. Now after looking at your website, it brings to mind a question that I have, and have never gotten a decent answer for from anyone, regarding the "alternative" medicine practices. You say on your website that you can treat emotional issues. Does this also mean that you could treat Bi-Polar disorder? And if so, would this mean I would need to be coughing up $50 a month forever, or is it a "curable" sort of thing?

Bi-polar, though emotional, can be treated successfully, with not only treatment, but meditation and constant guidance in. It would be a treatment focused towards calming down one's spirit, and controlling one's thoughts, desires and speech mannerisms.

No you wouldn't be paying 50$ a month for life. I personally believe it is curable because all sickness stems from the mind alone. And no amount of money can pay for such a "fixing". I would say, if ever a person came to me with such a condition, if after the first 2 treatments the results seem to be slow given the severity of the condition, then the price per treatment would be lowered according to their financial status because more treatment per month would be necessary to ensure good results.

I can't put a price on the fact if someone can be cured. I can say that thee time and bills utilized to use a place for the treatment must be considered. I would personally lower the treatment fee so the person can get better according to the time needed til one gets better.

There are some instances where I charge next to nothing, or nothing at all in regards to a person's financial situation. Though money maintains the place I use, a person is more important to a greater degree.

If one is trusting enough in my skills, I would utilize acupuncture for the efficiency and speed for a result, with regards to the health maintenance of the patient.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

P.S.- I don't understand why it was a hard question to answer. :blink:

Bi-polar, though emotional, can be treated successfully, with not only treatment, but meditation and constant guidance in. It would be a treatment focused towards calming down one's spirit, and controlling one's thoughts, desires and speech mannerisms.

No you wouldn't be paying 50$ a month for life. I personally believe it is curable because all sickness stems from the mind alone. And no amount of money can pay for such a "fixing". I would say, if ever a person came to me with such a condition, if after the first 2 treatments the results seem to be slow given the severity of the condition, then the price per treatment would be lowered according to their financial status because more treatment per month would be necessary to ensure good results.

I can't put a price on the fact if someone can be cured. I can say that thee time and bills utilized to use a place for the treatment must be considered. I would personally lower the treatment fee so the person can get better according to the time needed til one gets better.

There are some instances where I charge next to nothing, or nothing at all in regards to a person's financial situation. Though money maintains the place I use, a person is more important to a greater degree.

If one is trusting enough in my skills, I would utilize acupuncture for the efficiency and speed for a result, with regards to the health maintenance of the patient.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

P.S.- I don't understand why it was a hard question to answer. :blink:

Oh, please don't think I was in any way trying to say you should charge for your services. That was in no way what I was trying to imply. Just my issues make for a low income so money is always tight, so I have to spend wisely.

The reason I haev been given on why it is hard to treat etc, is because I think many people are worried about definitively saying that they can help, and then no improvement is found. But, as I really don't want to get into too great of detail on a wide open forum regarding some of this, I think in the interests of prudence I shall just PM you.

Oh, please don't think I was in any way trying to say you should charge for your services. That was in no way what I was trying to imply. Just my issues make for a low income so money is always tight, so I have to spend wisely.

The reason I haev been given on why it is hard to treat etc, is because I think many people are worried about definitively saying that they can help, and then no improvement is found. But, as I really don't want to get into too great of detail on a wide open forum regarding some of this, I think in the interests of prudence I shall just PM you.

I was goign to say pm is better to further discuss. But just for the open forum info, no matter what medicine is available, and how good it may be, it will take work on the person's behalf to get better. I don't believe in money running everything. if I see there is benefit, but no funds, it doesn't matter. Come any way. Not everything depends on how much mone can be made.

We'll talk more later :-)

Peace and Blessings

Lin

Compensation doesn't always have to be monetary. I am sure Lin sifu could use some help painting, renovating etc.... This would certainly generate good karma, and could even help your condition in and of itself.

Brgds!

Edited by Oolong Rabbit

Compensation doesn't always have to be monetary. I am sure Lin sifu could use some help painting, renovating etc.... This in itself would certainly generate good karma, and could even help your condition in and of itself.

Brgds!

Definetly right on the cultivating good merits there! Changing one's health and even lifestyle is fueled by doing good deeds. What one wants for themself, they must help others attain it, and or give it to them. This will ensure their own attainment of it in the future.

Peace,

Lin

P.S.- I do need help with some renovations at the gongfu school if anyone is interested..hahaha

Hi Lin,

First, the place looks very nice and I especially like the hardwood floors. It looks like a place where people would feel better just "hanging out". :)

I wanted to ask you if you could talk about a couple of things (here or in PM).

A gaggle of years ago, I thought about doing TCM but didn't at the time because the cost barrier to entry was pretty high.

In the usual round about way, I've picked up quite a bit of knowledge (though not enough to practice I think) and per my other thread I've been thinking about getting some more formal education.

I don't think that I could easily get into the Taoist colleges in Shanghai or HK (although I'm working on it) so I'm thinking that when I move back to Kunming next month I might start a program at the Kunming Medical College.

A shorter route would be going through http://www.yunnanclinic.com or http://www.ynccld.org/ and I was thinking of the possibility of this: http://www.kib.ac.cn/KIBEnglish/Education/104853833.html in regards to herbalism, etc. (and my pretty serious interest in entheogens as state catalysts).

I haven't made any kind of decision yet, and am not even sure I will go this route because I don't want to do something like energy healing or emitting qi to heal people for some personal and ideological reasons, but -

I was wandering if you could talk about the legal aspects of doing this type of work in the US?

I know that for some states there are different laws about accupuncture, and generally involve attending one of the bigger Chinese medicine colleges in the states as a pre-requisite. How about other modalities - especially prescribing herbs, tonics and the like?

How about with prescribing various types of meditation, physical excercises, and so on?

I'm not going to be ready to do this for at least a couple of years if I decide to do it, but what I would probably be interested in is using those types of healing modalities to promote some more profound types of engaging life.

At this point I've been teaching for almost 10 years, and I could probably do it for another 10 but I would like to relax into a place (with a yard! haha . . . I miss yards so much) at some point. Can't have any youngin's so I am not so worried about making alot of money but would like to be able to do something related to my own aspirations in some way and I don't really want to teach martial arts at this point (also for personal reasons).

Also I would like to know about your studies if it's ok. That can be done by PM if you want but would like to know about what things you feel comfortable to practice, how you learned them, etc.

At this point I think my best options are probably going the TCM route, hitting the Therevada university in Yangon for a few years or getting accepted into one of the Taoist universities (both of the former would probably lead to just monasticism or research - which I'm inclined towards anyway but I would like to stay in society for purposes of cultivation).

Hope that's not asking to many questions at once and hope you don't mind answering them or some of them.

J

I know that for some states there are different laws about accupuncture, and generally involve attending one of the bigger Chinese medicine colleges in the states as a pre-requisite. How about other modalities - especially prescribing herbs, tonics and the like?

In America, I am not sure how many states do not require you to have some sort of medical background to prescribe herbs, but I believe in NY you need one.

The utilizing of energetic healing methods in the U.S. are not regulated, unless you are in Florida. The "Massage" board there regulates energetic methods stating one needs to have a license to do it or it is illegal. Quick story, I once moved down to Florida to fight them on it. I told them where I would be and how much to how little to nothing I will charge and if they tied to arrest me, they sure as hell better have a good excuse or a big suit will fall upon them; and if anyone tried to arrest me, I would leave them with a an actual reason why they should.

I was a bit arrogant and haughty at 20 haha. They changed the law to allow energetic medicine to be covered by insurance after Gary Null got in their face and my letter somehow go to the board. We caused a stir! I was getting calls from FL for days once they got my letter..lol I had already returned to NY, and no one showed up to stop me at the time...hehe

How about with prescribing various types of meditation, physical exercises, and so on?

That is no problem. Just make sure you know what you are doing, and I'm sure you do, and you will have no problems. Martial Artists prescribe physical exercise all the times, and have no type of certification from a major institution.

Also I would like to know about your studies if it's ok. That can be done by PM if you want but would like to know about what things you feel comfortable to practice, how you learned them, etc.

I'll PM details, but basically all the stuff I learned, I learned through meditating, sitting meditation and lying meditation. Daoism and the cultivation methods therein, and Buddhism, and the cultivation methods therein.

The Chinese medicine, the needling was taught to me by a person, but the methods used to treat came from cultivating.

At this point I think my best options are probably going the TCM route, hitting the Therevada university in Yangon for a few years or getting accepted into one of the Taoist universities (both of the former would probably lead to just monasticism or research - which I'm inclined towards anyway but I would like to stay in society for purposes of cultivation).

Sounds like a plan. Just get more hands on. Deep concentration, in the cultivation sense, and the methods appear right infront of you. The medical background for Chinese Medicine is great for the language of the medicine, and various experiences from elder teachers. It is such a great manner to learn. Because my training isn't university training, I usually study the names of some sickness and learn the medical jargon.

Funny... I used to teach at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in NY back in 2003, Qi Gong: Yi Jin Jing, and Fa Gong(mixed into the class towards the end of the semester). Politics got me fired...seemed as though, from what I heard, the head of the Qi Gong Dept. didn't quite like the fact that I made the Biomed Doctors believe in Qi, which go tme the job, and my students, which were once his, were actually learning and gaining something.

Having skill is important too. So take your cultivated skill and utilize it wisely, you will always have a chance to do good for people. Cultivate at night, serve during the day till evening. I am changing my schedule to that. Not enough time int he day to do what I am doing, so I am working on meditating at night and after 5am service, and studies.

Hope that's not asking to many questions at once and hope you don't mind answering them or some of them.

J

Never too many..only too little...hahah because I can talk forever if you get me started!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Thanks for your response.

Taking it to email for some things I wanted to ask you about your understanding of certain issues.