Pandora

Headaches and microcosmic orbit

I am a newcomer and desperate for answers. I never heard of microcosmic orbit or practiced tantric anything until I decided to go to a visiting doctor recommended by my yoga center in Denver. This Hawaiian doctor apparently uses quantum energy to open energy blocks. I had a "treatment" on Sunday where he hardly touched me but was supposedly moving energy around. During the treatment I was face down on a massage table. After the first hour, I began to see spinning light, even when I opened my eyes. It was spiraling light going from the ground up and got bigger at the top. It felt really cool, like I was powerful and energized and healed. (Again, I'm unfamiliar with all this stuff.) Well I decided to try to get the light to spin while having sex with my husband to see if I could recreate that cool feeling. I have no idea why I decided to do this--I just did it. I visualized an orbit from my pelvis up to my head and down my back and around again. Then I included him in the circle. WOW. Way intense. But here's my problem. I immediately got a massive headache behind my eyes that lasted for about 20 minutes. I was nauseous and sensitive to light, as though it were a migraine. I thought it was the strangest thing ever. The same thing happened the next day. This has never happened before. I found your website while googling "headaches", "sex" and "orbit." Can anyone tell me what's going on? Could this be related to the energy massage? Would visualization of an orbit going from front to back do this? This is freaky.

You can really open Pandora's box by experimenting with this stuff on your own, practicing from intuition. I'd go back to that Hawaiian healer and talk to them about it.

I am a newcomer and desperate for answers. I never heard of microcosmic orbit or practiced tantric anything until I decided to go to a visiting doctor recommended by my yoga center in Denver. This Hawaiian doctor apparently uses quantum energy to open energy blocks. I had a "treatment" on Sunday where he hardly touched me but was supposedly moving energy around. During the treatment I was face down on a massage table. After the first hour, I began to see spinning light, even when I opened my eyes. It was spiraling light going from the ground up and got bigger at the top. It felt really cool, like I was powerful and energized and healed. (Again, I'm unfamiliar with all this stuff.) Well I decided to try to get the light to spin while having sex with my husband to see if I could recreate that cool feeling. I have no idea why I decided to do this--I just did it. I visualized an orbit from my pelvis up to my head and down my back and around again. Then I included him in the circle. WOW. Way intense. But here's my problem. I immediately got a massive headache behind my eyes that lasted for about 20 minutes. I was nauseous and sensitive to light, as though it were a migraine. I thought it was the strangest thing ever. The same thing happened the next day. This has never happened before. I found your website while googling "headaches", "sex" and "orbit." Can anyone tell me what's going on? Could this be related to the energy massage? Would visualization of an orbit going from front to back do this? This is freaky.

I agree. This is real stuff, not only imaginary, and so it can be anything if handled in certain ways, including dangerous. Any time you get a painful/bad feeling reaction to this, stop doing and seek trusted advice. These practices are interaction with a very fundamental level of the body/mind, so changes affect everything else, like tinkering foundations stones at the base of a pyramid, so we should be very careful and observant when we fiddle around.

Thanks for the responses. Any ideas where I can get guidance on this? Is there a cosmic orbit book for dummies? Where do beginners go? I love the reference to Pandora's Box--ha ha. I guess I could try to find an e-mail address for the Hawaiian guy. He left for Honolulu yesterday apparently. What is this? Do I research Taoism?

I would say to find a teacher. It's difficult to learn this stuff well from a book. The personal explanation, the measure of what a student is ready for, can only be got from a teacher that knows you and can guide you. Some things can only be grasped intuitively and an actual person interacting with you can do this best.

Though I suppose it would be silly to rule out any book...

Wow, nice work! You spontaneously did some dual cultivation! B) Very impressive for an "energetic n00b."

But perhaps you got some energy stuck in your head, maybe trying to open your 3rd eye...

I'd connect to the Earth's center and do some grounding to your LTT (lower dantien).

(Note: I am not an expert, this is just a guess.) :D

So, who is this Hawaiian doctor?

Edited by vortex

You should listen these guys. I might ad that it should not be a problem, because in the beginning you could experience pain in head and chest, because of the energy condensed and stuck in those parts. You should work on opening your chakras, in order to circulate energy through them. Anyways, those symptoms should not last more that 2-3 days. If continue, be careful...

Stig's advice in the thread he linked to is good. Also, if you just stop focusing on the energy and visualization and forget about it, continuing to go about your daily life, it will disappear. That's the best way to sort this out in my opinion. People should only do Taoist practices if they are seeking the results....like immortality or enlightenment. It's a dangerous path, and there are many bad suggestions coming from everywhere. Almost everyone fails while attempting.

As a rule, pretty much any suggestions of working with energy or chakras or whatever that comes from the internet is dangerous. Even learning from books on how to open and cleanse your energy body is dangerous...this is because most people begin teaching at a stage where they experience a very tiny bit. Like if you were taking a math class and once you solved a single problem you began trying to teach math.

It's best to ignore energy and focus on physical things. That way the excess energy sorts itself out. The headache will disappear. :)

Thanks for all the replies. By the way, the healer's name is Andrew Matsukawa. Here's a link: http://northdenvernews.com/content/view/1377/2/ The "Dr." part comes from his training as a chiropractor I guess. I am going to try to contact him to see what's going on. Also, I went to the library and picked up a bunch of books--two from some guy named Mantak Chia, and two about quantum energy. But, don't worry Scotty and others--I will find a live person to teach me what's going on. Interestingly, I'm at a strange sort of crossroads in my life. That I would have this experience now tells me that I should keep seeking. So, my yoga teacher has been trying to talk me into an energy massage. I'll start there. Also, my hubby is way into martial arts with Peter Ralston and does Qi Chong (sp?). He wants to help and find me a teacher but I've been resisting since that's his thing, not mine. Maybe some of you married types know how that goes. Anyway, I really appreciate the feedback. I still have a mild headache and I've decided rather than go do an anaerobic workout on my bike, I'll go walk my dogs near where all these guys are doing tai chi in the park across the street. Someone said grounding will work so I'll try that. (I'm on a "staycation": staying at home for a vacation.) Again, I really appreciate the responses and you all got me just so CURIOUS.

Hi Pandora,

Mantak Chia is one of the living masters of the school I follow, the I Yen school. His series of books, "The International Healing Tao," provides sound teaching of the progressive stages of Qigong according to that School. The I Yen School also has a website:

www.universal-tao.com

Your account indicates that you went too far and too fast, perhaps, without adequate preparation. You were like a 110V appliance receiving 220V current! The advice given here by others is correct, in my opinion. Just take it easy and focus any bioenergy you feel into the Dan Tien center just below the navel.

Clearly you have excellent natural ability to arouse and guide Qi energy. If you don't find an experienced teacher, Master Chia's books are the next best thing. But start at the beginning and learn the techniques so that you don't blow any circuits.

There are free introductory lessons on the universal-tao website.

With every good wish,

Tozan