elcaminante

Michael Winn - Opening the Microcosmic Orbit

I've just come accross some stuff on the internet which might be interesting for Michael Winn's students. It is a video showing all the practical steps in order to open the MCO.

I did not have the time to download it all since I do not have a premium account so any feedback would be appreciated.

I do not know if to post these links is forbidden on the fourm, if so please remove the post.

[edit: yes, this is against forum rules, links removed. -- Sean ]

Maybe someone is willing to add some comments about the teaching. I just found him a kind of second best since most of what he teaches comes originally from Mantak Chia. Anyway, Does anyone consider his teachings as a good cultivation method?

Edited by sean

I do not know if to post these links is forbidden on the fourm, if so please remove the post.

If those are links to pirated videos (that is, videos that MWinn or anyone else sells, but put there for free) then it the links are definately against the rules of the forum. If so, please edit your post and remove the links. :)

I've just come accross some stuff on the internet which might be interesting for Michael Winn's students. It is a

Maybe someone is willing to add some comments about the teaching. I just found him a kind of second best since most of what he teaches comes originally from Mantak Chia. Anyway, Does anyone consider his teachings as a good cultivation method?

I kinda thought that same thing years ago, but I have found Michael to be an amazing ocean of wisdom. I think you will find different teachers have there strengths, Michael's strength I feel is in the realm of exploring inner alchemy and how to talk about it in a grounded simple way.

I take classes with him any time I can.

good place to start is a seminar but if you can not make it to one try his free inner smile e-book on his website. He has a free inner smile class coming next month in Asheville, nc.

If those are links to pirated videos (that is, videos that MWinn or anyone else sells, but put there for free) then it the links are definately against the rules of the forum. If so, please edit your post and remove the links. :)

Thank you Trunk for the piece of advice. I do not want to go against the rules so if there is somebody interested in sharing material we could do it through PM :)

I kinda thought that same thing years ago, but I have found Michael to be an amazing ocean of wisdom. I think you will find different teachers have there strengths, Michael's strength I feel is in the realm of exploring inner alchemy and how to talk about it in a grounded simple way.

good place to start is a seminar but if you can not make it to one try his free inner smile e-book on his website. He has a free inner smile class coming next month in Asheville, nc.

Thank you very much Dog for sharing your point of view with us. Unfortunately, I live far from the USa so I will stick to the video just to have a rough idea about what he teaches.

Hey dog, has Michael Winn ever displayed any abilities besides the smile?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Michael Winn is very good and so are his methods.

I have students that trained with him and one who recently went to china with him.

Their Auras and energy is always running nice after their "winn" practices & after learning from him.

I strongly Approve of Michael Winn : )

I Like his stuff so did Glenn Morris.

Peace

Santiago

I have worked with Michael Winn a lot and he is great. He is very articulate, fascinating and funny and has deep and wide knowledge, and he has integrity and no issues to run on his students or the world. He is a pleasure to work with, a warm and real human being of experience. He is long time very happily married too. He has a lot to offer and he offers it with warmth and an open sharing.

I have worked with Michael Winn a lot and he is great. He is very articulate, fascinating and funny and has deep and wide knowledge, and he has integrity and no issues to run on his students or the world. He is a pleasure to work with, a warm and real human being of experience. He is long time very happily married too. He has a lot to offer and he offers it with warmth and an open sharing.

sounds a lot like Santa

I took a Basics class with him and talked to him the week I took Fusion. Great guy, very knowledgeable and open. After many years I'll still do the chi gung sequence from his basics video and the Pan Gu routine.

I never saw any special powers :), but I saw him doing chi gung and was greatly impressed by the emotional power displayed within it. He didn't have the grace of a Tai Chi master, but his movements were expressive, powerful and deep. I later learned it was a tribute to Ron Diana's death.

He may not be the ultimate, but there's a lot you learnfrom him. He's friendly, accessible, widely studied and Western.

Michael

I took a Basics class with him and talked to him the week I took Fusion. Great guy, very knowledgeable and open. After many years I'll still do the chi gung sequence from his basics video and the Pan Gu routine.

I never saw any special powers :), but I saw him doing chi gung and was greatly impressed by the emotional power displayed within it. He didn't have the grace of a Tai Chi master, but his movements were expressive, powerful and deep. I later learned it was a tribute to Ron Diana's death.

He may not be the ultimate, but there's a lot you learnfrom him. He's friendly, accessible, widely studied and Western.

Michael

I think I like Li Jiong better ... :D

I have students that trained with him and one who recently went to china with him.

Their Auras and energy is always running nice after their "winn" practices & after learning from him.

Peace

Santiago

Santi,

Anything particular from his bunch you recommend? I mean my exposure is to Primordial Chikung alone. Something else that you would recommend from his bunch of practices?

Appreciate your inputs, as always...

Santi,

Anything particular from his bunch you recommend? I mean my exposure is to Primordial Chikung alone. Something else that you would recommend from his bunch of practices?

Appreciate your inputs, as always...

wudang pearl is very cool Its much like the thigle practices i learned.

I liked his MCO video and also his 5 animals. He is on the money and articulate and has juice. Do not be decieved by his humility and lack of showing off. Michael has it and the cool thing is he doesn't care to flaunt it.

Edited by Vajrasattva

Do not be decieved by his humility and lack of showing off. Michael has it and the cool thing is he doesn't care to flaunt it.

For me this is a very important point, Vajrasattva, in order to give him credit.

Not so long ago my Master told me during one of my dreams: "the real masters are always humble, actually they never say what they are".

This strongly reminds me the well known tao te ching proverb: "Those who know don't speak; those who speak do not know it."

Edited by elcaminante

Do not be decieved by his humility and lack of showing off.

I agree with all the nice stuff you and others have said about him, but this?

The Michael Winn I knew was the last person you'd describe as humble. But it's been a few years, so maybe..

It's all relative, Ian.

You've got Chuck Norris and LiJiong at the one end of the scale, remember.

Edited by cat

I agree with all the nice stuff you and others have said about him, but this?

The Michael Winn I knew was the last person you'd describe as humble. But it's been a few years, so maybe..

well what i know of him .

but i could see what you mean.

Guest sykkelpump

well what i know of him .

but i could see what you mean.

I dont like his or chias stuff,and I have read things he says about bodri and others.And he doesent seem very humble to me

Thank you.

What kind of Abilities are you looking for? I am assuming it is not the ability to walk or paint, or the most amazing one we all share and that is manifesting our body in every moment. :) We all are special thats what makes being special not special, he has refined his strengths his own special voice you might say.

Peace

Santiago

Was it china trip 2008? If so what was the name?

I dont like his or chias stuff,and I have read things he says about bodri and others.And he doesent seem very humble to me

Wel Bodri isn't exactly that either now : )

Chia Stuff is actually very diferent than M Winn.

Chia's if anything more "Tibetan" and actually comes a lot from Lar Short.

Who knows a lot of Nyingma & Bonpo practices.

Winn is in my opinion more "TAOIST" than Chia.

Chia also has a lot of "shaolin" approach which is also more "buddhist".

What kind of Abilities are you looking for? I am assuming it is not the ability to walk or paint, or the most amazing one we all share and that is manifesting our body in every moment. :) We all are special thats what makes being special not special, he has refined his strengths his own special voice you might say.

Was it china trip 2008? If so what was the name?

My friend, brother & student Bob Joyce.

Edited by Vajrasattva

What kind of Abilities are you looking for? I am assuming it is not the ability to walk or paint, or the most amazing one we all share and that is manifesting our body in every moment. :) We all are special thats what makes being special not special

By abilities I mean smth extraordinary that can be developed through Qigong. The fact that Michael Winn has a wonderfull personality is indeed a good thing - it's just I wouldn't go to see qigong master for that - these are attributes that I expect from people like Mother Theresa and such. I am just very curious about real abilities like Vajrasatva mentioned - he said that one master that he heard of can fry eggs on his head - now that would be smth .....

And that's all I am curious about - it's kinda annoying when I ask a question about abilities and the replies are about how to be compasionate and the true meaning of life and how a certain teacher is very kind to his students bla bla bla. It's apples and oranges to me... I just wanna get zapped by smb's chi or smth

also I am not convinced at all that "being special" like you said is necessarily a good thing - sounds to me more like that "no child left behind " crap that Dubya is selling

By abilities I mean smth extraordinary that can be developed through Qigong. The fact that Michael Winn has a wonderfull personality is indeed a good thing - it's just I wouldn't go to see qigong master for that - these are attributes that I expect from people like Mother Theresa and such. I am just very curious about real abilities like Vajrasatva mentioned - he said that one master that he heard of can fry eggs on his head - now that would be smth .....

And that's all I am curious about - it's kinda annoying when I ask a question about abilities and the replies are about how to be compasionate and the true meaning of life and how a certain teacher is very kind to his students bla bla bla. It's apples and oranges to me... I just wanna get zapped by smb's chi or smth

also I am not convinced at all that "being special" like you said is necessarily a good thing - sounds to me more like that "no child left behind " crap that Dubya is selling

Even though it may sound quite funny I expect to find the opposite. Abilities are very appealing to us because they make us belive we are special and powerful beings.

My master is able to perfom certain abilities that I was reluctant to believe they were for real, and even so those skills were never something to show off or be proud of. On the contrary, some powers can turn into a very dangerous things if they are not properly mastered by an unselfish mind.

Even if this sounds pretty naive, the higher skill is to achieve the self-realization, enlightment, and all what this brings about. A peaceful heart and a quite mind are normally underrated but these attributes may lead to unexpected attainments.

Keep your mouth closed.

Guard your senses.

Temper your sharpness.

Simplify your problems.

Mask your brightness.

Be at one with the dust of the Earth.

This is primal union.

He who has achieved this state

Is unconcerned with friends and enemies,

With good and harm, with honor and disgrace.

This therefore is the highest state of man.

Edited by elcaminante

You can achieve those skills they are not that extraordinary. It just takes practice. If you wish to spend your time and money on learning to fry eggs on your head be my guess, I am sure you will learn and grow in the process. I am also sure you will find what you are looking for, we always do. Michael has a well developed energy and spirit body, so yes he has his abilities they come with the territory. You can not get to a high level of Inner Alchemy with out integrating body mind, or being able to shift things at the jing level. To repeat I fully support your personal journey into exploring smth(no qlue what this means) abilities. Just give your 100% and you will get that back.

Chi in I am out

My friend, brother & student Bob Joyce.

Is he a dancer there was a sweet couple that were great dancers.

You can achieve those skills they are not that extraordinary. It just takes practice. If you wish to spend your time and money on learning to fry eggs on your head be my guess, I am sure you will learn and grow in the process. I am also sure you will find what you are looking for, we always do. Michael has a well developed energy and spirit body, so yes he has his abilities they come with the territory. You can not get to a high level of Inner Alchemy with out integrating body mind, or being able to shift things at the jing level. To repeat I fully support your personal journey into exploring smth(no qlue what this means) abilities. Just give your 100% and you will get that back.

Chi in I am out

Is he a dancer there was a sweet couple that were great dancers.

No I believe he went alone.

Hey Santiago,

you said something about the differences between Mantak Chia's practice and Michael Winn.

Winn himself considers that M. Chia's way of teaching the nine formulas is more yang.

But they essentially teach the same thing, The Nine Formulas of Inner Alchemy - dedicated specially for developing the energy and spirit body. Of course they have also health benefits.

I don't know where did you get the idea that he learned it from a different source than Winn. Mind me, I like Chia better than Winn - but I was wondering, since you seem such an honest person, where did you get that story from - just curious.

Thanx

L1

Winn being more Taoist than Chia - that's another thing I'd like you to comment on.