Starjumper

Starman returns

Thanks guys. I saw the picture of Li in the other thread and so decided to put a similar one <_< of myself up here. It's of me mountain climbing in the rain in Volcanoland, which has the steepest mountains in the world. It's in Washington state, not too far from my city, Seattle, city of masters. I entered this valley from the pass in the background. I was told I look like a wizard in this picture and so:

Wizard in wizardland.

fisher10.jpg

Edited by Starjumper7

Wow that's an awesome place! If that were near me I'd be there ALL the time.

When I was first getting into kunlun I read all of your posts in that whole discussion. I was a big lurker. A lot of fun reading all of that. Recently I went to your forum and read more about what you practice. Once again, a lot of fun. You share a lot.

So, welcome back Starjumper. :)

Gorgeous photo!!!

Thanks for that.

Where is that exactly?

That is Fisher Creek Basin, which is located in the North Cascades, about fifty miles South of the Canada border.

Wow that's an awesome place! If that were near me I'd be there ALL the time.

I go backpacking frequently but this year I haven't gone because I've been very busy building a house in the mountains.

Once again, a lot of fun. You share a lot.

So, welcome back Starjumper. :)

Thanks, sometimes I feel like I share too much.

How much do you charge for a head zap? If I pay in advance for 2 do I get the third one free? :P

I do energy work on my students, who are very few, each week, each time they sit in meditation, which we do after the extensive moving exercises. The energy work (If we were Buddhist and only did it once it might be called a transmission; the word transmission is used to make the customer feel like it's a big deal in the same way a janitor is called a sanitation engineer) does several things. It helps to heal the student of physical problems, it makes their hands into more powerful energy tools, and it helps to open their third eye and crown point. Tien Shan energy does not cause people to have spastic attacks, it is a gentle, pleasant, stabilizing and energizing feeling. It tends to make people have a sort of sparkling joyous feeling which lasts for several days. Tien Shan energy is very different than Kunlun energy.

It's called getting their motor started. In my system we train people to become powerful with chi and this requires secret techniques for making their hands more powerful.

That is Fisher Creek Basin, which is located in the North Cascades, about fifty miles South of the Canada border.

Fantastic!

I will visit there someday.

Well maybe we can go there next year for the annual Empirical Taoism backpacking trip. Access is either many days or else through the back door, over Easy Pass, which isn't really that easy.

Thanks guys. I saw the picture of Li in the other thread and so decided to put a similar one <_< of myself up here. It's of me mountain climbing in the rain in Volcanoland, which has the steepest mountains in the world. It's in Washington state, not too far from my city, Seattle, city of masters. I entered this valley from the pass in the background. I was told I look like a wizard in this picture and so:

Wizard in wizardland.

fisher10.jpg

I was thrilled to see that mr. StartJumper was back! And he is looking good, happy mr. Hansen too! What a day!

It's nice to see you again too, Rain. I hope you are doing well. My hair has gotten darker since that picture.

For those of you who liked the picture of the mountains here is the trip report I wrote at ET which has more pictures and a description of some of the hairy scary places we climbed during our day trips away from base camp. I don't know if Xuesheng is up for this kind of entertainment =) Four days in the Fisher Creek Basin

Edited by Starjumper7

Awesome picture!

Is it a more or less straight drop right below you? cause if it is I wouldn't have had the calm expression you seem to have standing up there :lol:

Thanks stig, it's good to be back, with my buddy, Buddy, being gone. This place wasn't big enough for the both of us =)

Awesome picture!

Is it a more or less straight drop right below you? cause if it is I wouldn't have had the calm expression you seem to have standing up there :lol:

Oh yes, it's straight down from there for quite a ways. Actually my expression could have been calmer but my feet were soaking wet and cold. If you want to check out 'scary' then read the trip report I posted above, about some of the places three idiots can get themselves into in the mountains.

Edited by Starjumper7

It's nice to see you again too, Rain. I hope you are doing well. My hair has gotten darker since that picture.

For those of you who liked the picture of the mountains here is the trip report I wrote at ET which has more pictures and a description of some of the hairy scary places we climbed during our day trips away from base camp. I don't know if Xuesheng is up for this kind of entertainment =) Four days in the Fisher Creek Basin

Great pictures - wonderful adventure

Are you doing anything special that your hair is darker or is it just less exposure to sun

I realize now that Max ... is teaching a type of Nei Kung that seems valid.

... and here I find myself quoting myself again. There seems to be a lot of talk of Nei Kung around here and so I need to correct this as I've always felt that a true Nei Kung system consists of thousands of techniques and so calling this thing, Kunlun, which is taught in few hours seminars, a Nei Kung, just feels like another lie. I'm not an expert on what Nei Kung is really 'supposed' to be though but I would say he's teaching a few Nei Kung exercises and not a 'system'. If it isn't a system then it's not really Nei Kung, is it? That's just my opinion, and I'm very opinionated, aren't I?.

Great pictures - wonderful adventure

Are you doing anything special that your hair is darker or is it just less exposure to sun

Not the sun. I've changed the pattern of my practice a little, having 'discovered' (remembered) and implementing some new parts. My teacher taught so many techniques, sometimes he only showed me ones one time, and it wasn't till later that I remembered and then 'extrapolated' the technique that I realized how powerful it was. "Watch him like a hawk" was some of the best advice I've ever gotten. In addition I've started taking some tonic herbs that my Chinese herbal doctor, a real genius, recommended for replenishing kidney chi. Also I've been taking rather high doses of systemic enzymes on an empty stomach ... plus other stuff.

Welcome back man, all you need is a hallo around your head and we could market that as Tien shan nei gung the fuzzy warm path to enlightenment? :D

nice mountain range!

but I would say he's teaching a few Nei Kung exercises and not a 'system'. If it isn't a system then it's not really Nei Kung, is it? That's just my opinion, and I'm very opinionated, aren't I?.

It seems to be a self-revealing system...and the spontaneous practice contains a near infinite amount of exercises within it. I'd say it's complete if the practitioner masters the 2 main techniques.

I don't know if Xuesheng is up for this kind of entertainment =) Four days in the Fisher Creek Basin

That was a nice read and great photos.

I used to hike and backpack a lot and climb a little when i was a lot younger.

I'd have to train a bit before trying to tackle something like that.

It's been mostly Taiji and meditation for the past several years.

:unsure:

Welcome Back!

I was thinking about you the last few days, and skimming through the board to find your return post! Found it...

hahahaha

Peace,

Lin

Wizard in wizardland.

fisher10.jpg

You Are Mountain Man!!!!!

Lovely Pic

Welcome Back!

I was thinking about you the last few days, and skimming through the board to find your return post! Found it...

Aha, so you are one of those psychic premonition type fellers, good for you (thumbs up emoticon goes here)

Good to see you back. Sweet photo. I still play with "sensing hands" could be getting better but it's probably just my imagination :)