mYTHmAKER

Should Li Jiong be banned from Tao Bums

The group energy here is very strong, ... <_<

For me this place sometimes reminds me of the old movie "Lord of the Flies".

Ugh.... witchhunt over.... I'm a little embarrassed of us. :(

maybe we were simply employees of the karma police for a time there, Darin.

I liked the guy and thought he provided fodder for alot of activity and good conversation.

If he's a super enlightened being I hope he comes back and can clarify things in a way people are ready to listen to.

If he's not I hope he comes back and contributes worthwhile material to the discussions.

If he's wrong, or even intentionally misleading people he shouldn't do that, but he at least understands some interesting points and issues related to what everybody is interested in and could probably contribute alot.

It seems like people got frustrated that they can't verify the subjective things he insists upon, and can't objectively prove him wrong, either and so kind of got upset.

If he's mistaken I hope he figures it out.

If he's misleading people I hope he stops.

And if he's got some kind of attainment status I hope he decides to understand that it's hard for people to accept his word and his 18 page pdf as proof. :)

I'd like to meet him and talk to him over some duck heads, chicken knuckles or tea though, regardless.

Edited by wudangquan

Zai Jian

Tao Bless

Tao kou Tao Feichang Tao

Ming kou Ming Feichang Ming

It seems my presentation pricked somebody here, or perhaps the truth I disclosed exposes some frauds naturally. Anyway, I think it is the time for me to leave here for at least a few months.

The world is full of conflict, full of pain now, take care, guys!

i think it's kind of sad that anyone who has a different opinion is immediately pointed the finger and laughed at; ESPECIALLY considering this is supposed to be a "spiritual" forum where people want to heighten themselves.

if you didn't think his stuff was for you ignoring was and has always been an option, making a topic asking for someone you don't personally like to be banned is a little outrageous in my opinion.

but wait, don't make a topic about banning me too please!

edit: and for those trying to be "heroes" and attacking people under the guise of exposing frauds; please. the average age for this forum is at LEAST 25, if by that age you still cannot form your own opinions purchasing a online course should be the least of your concerns.

Edited by mantis

i think it's kind of sad that anyone who has a different opinion is immediately pointed the finger and laughed at; ESPECIALLY considering this is supposed to be a "spiritual" forum where people want to heighten themselves.

if you didn't think his stuff was for you ignoring was and has always been an option, making a topic asking for someone you don't personally like to be banned is a little outrageous in my opinion.

but wait, don't make a topic about banning me too please!

edit: and for those trying to be "heroes" and attacking people under the guise of exposing frauds; please. the average age for this forum is at LEAST 25, if by that age you still cannot form your own opinions purchasing a online course should be the least of your concerns.

I think it's pretty sad for a grown man that professes to be enlightened, to refuse to refund someone money for a product that was DOA. Even worse when that grown man throws out claims that his "teaching" alone will help people survive alleged world wide disasters. Even if you go on a :angry: Christian forum, they have a few people that believe in the televangelists, and most sit and talk about how they are full of shit. Now, on this forum, there was our own "televangelist" telling people that if his teachings didn't work for them, it was their own fault, they were "third rate". Now, I am all for people following whatever path they want; but you have to be ready to pay the piper. Would you just stand by and watch someone rob a bank, if they said they were doing it for spiritual reasons?

Oh, and your little age remark is just dumb. At any age, people can become desperate for something to fill a hole they feel inside themselves; a lot of the time it is with some kind of spirituality. If no one tries to make sure they aren't taken advantage of, aren't we all just as bad as the predator then?

if you didn't think his stuff was for you ignoring was and has always been an option..

I thought you could use that option as well and ignore this thread... :D

glad to see you believe my post applies to you

:rolleyes:

Trying hard to laugh....cough cough ...... someone find my lost sense of humor please .... :o

No offense to anyone, just trying to ...hmmm.... get into Tao should I say? Keep smiling :)

Edited by SiliconValley

glad to see you believe my post applies to you

:rolleyes:

Well, considering I have quite a few times shown LJ how he contradicts himself in his own words and flat out called him a con-artist, I can't help but feel that it must have been in part directed to me.

I thought you could use that option as well and ignore this thread... :D

Trying hard to laugh....cough cough ...... someone find my lost sense of humor please .... :o

No offense to anyone, just trying to ...hmmm.... get into Tao should I say? Keep smiling :)

this thread was discussing having someone banned simply because they didn't like them, can't ignore that.

this thread was discussing having someone banned simply because they didn't like them, can't ignore that.

No, that's simply not true. The talk about banning him came about because of his shady "business" practices and attempts at spreading fear to induce people to buy his "salvation". Try actually keeping up with what is going on

No, that's simply not true. The talk about banning him came about because of his shady "business" practices and attempts at spreading fear to induce people to buy his "salvation". Try actually keeping up with what is going on

Kay, just started typing and u said it!

What I like most about Taobums is this feeling of a loosely knit group of individuals who are all finding out their own way for themselves. Disagreements and different opinions are ok and so is a sense of humour which brings everyone down to earth. The question about banning mostly prompted a response which did not want to see him banned at all, no matter what people thought of Li Jiong. Personally I am not a great fan of his kind of uncompromising style and I feel that, having trained for a bit under someone a little like that, while there is much to learn from someone who has put so much energy into things, behind that is quite a lot of emotion, particularly anger.

It is interesting that he effectively ended up banning (or suspending) himself. Why? I would much prefer that he stay, face the questions and answer them ... preferably without the 'third rate' business. But you have to ask why he felt he could not hang around and respond more to the questions being raised.

I think this reflects well on Taobums itself, not badly. It was a quite a gentle weeding process and not really that aggressive at all. I know practices like Kunlun tend to dominate occasionally but I see in Taobums a genuinely open and diverse community of genuine practitioners. To misquote George Orwell "Onebum bad, Taobums good."

Edited by apepch7

Guest sykkelpump

What I like most about Taobums is this feeling of a loosely knit group of individuals who are all finding out their own way for themselves. Disagreements and different opinions are ok and so is a sense of humour which brings everyone down to earth. The question about banning mostly prompted a response which did not want to see him banned at all, no matter what people thought of Li Jiong. Personally I am not a great fan of his kind of uncompromising style and I feel that, having trained for a bit under someone a little like that, while there is much to learn from someone who has put so much energy into things, behind that is quite a lot of emotion, particularly anger.

It is interesting that he effectively ended up banning (or suspending) himself. Why? I would much prefer that he stay, face the questions and answer them ... preferably without the 'third rate' business. But you have to ask why he felt he could not hang around and respond more to the questions being raised.

I think this reflects well on Taobums itself, not badly. It was a quite a gentle weeding process and not really that aggressive at all. I know practices like Kunlun tend to dominate occasionally but I see in Taobums a genuinely open and diverse community of genuine practitioners. To misquote George Orwell "Onebum bad, Taobums good."

Well I can understand he didnt feel to comfortable and left,when one of the most popular post recent here is discussing if he should be banned or not ;)

Should anyone trying to find enlightenment through The Tao make anyone feel uncomfortable, is this not against what we are trying to achieve.

Should anyone trying to find enlightenment through The Tao make anyone feel uncomfortable, is this not against what we are trying to achieve.

I don't think thats the case - It is seldom that nature makes any " effort" to help us feel comfortable - 'cept perhaps just being beautiful... :D

I think we are here to discuss and question and seek -offering compassion and insight as we're able... but challange is healthy!

if I feel threatened by others' ideas I first question why and if I believe the threat is real I challange - it is an instance where introspection -(once again) reveals so much -

Peace -Pat