mYTHmAKER

Should Li Jiong be banned from Tao Bums

What do you guys think.

This forum is giving him free advertising which gives him opportunity to prey on individuals with little experience.

While I'm not a fan of the advertising or his approach, it has lead to some interesting discussions that may not have otherwise taken place about payment, trust, etc.

I think he should have his freedom. No one is fanning the flames more than us who keep talking about it =)

Guest sykkelpump

What do you guys think.

This forum is giving him free advertising which gives him opportunity to prey on individuals with little experience.

Why only him.he is not the only self proclaimed master advertising here.

Of course not. If you don't like his posts, skip them. It's as simple as that. How exactly is he preying on people?

Exactly. For every statement a person makes another person can make an opposing statement. People in a setting such as this don't get preyed on. They make a decision. Hardly makes sense to ban people because you disagree or do not like them.

No don't ban him. He has a right to promote his courses like the other teachers. I purchased his courses and I have had some good experiences. If you don't like his posts don't read them.

He should not be banned.

But maybe he could have points deducted for poor fashion sense:

http://greattao.net/Album/pages/tianchi_JPG.htm

I like his posts even though I disagree with him sometimes - but that's the spirit of Taobums isn't it?

Wonderful!

I laughed so hard (seeing the pic) I must have woken up the neighbors.

Maybe we should post the pic to appear every time he is trying to hard.

That would be enough of a punishment! :lol:

:lol: :lol: , nice place though :D

It is - but that see thru plastic mac is inexcusable! In fact only an enlightened being would have the nerve to wear it.

Oh no I like him he is for me the salt in this forum.

And by the way I think that this chapter in the Bible "The Gospel According to John" is very interesting (8:7).

It is - but that see thru plastic mac is inexcusable! In fact only an enlightened being would have the nerve to wear it.

:lol::lol: maybe he has an enlightened fashion sense we cannot yet understand :rolleyes:

But seriously, we can't ban him, I haven't seen him do anything that bad

Ofcourse not. He's an experienced knowledgable practitioner. He's provocative, but the good part of that is it can and does create good conversation. (bad part is being told I'm 3rd rate and unworthy of salvation, but I've been told worse :) ).

IMO Banning people should not be a public affair, it turns into a witch hunt way to easily. It should never be done because you dislike someone or there philosophy. If someone has disregarded the insult policy repeatedly and seems unstable, they should be reported to Sean privately in a PM. Its his unhappy job and shouldn't be turned into gossipy conversation.

Michael

:lol::lol: maybe he has an enlightened fashion sense we cannot yet understand :rolleyes:

But seriously, we can't ban him, I haven't seen him do anything that bad

It keeps the rain off doesn't it? :) Sometimes utility outweighs aesthetics. Besides, who is he going to impress in the woods? I don't think the insects and animals care if he's wearing a pancho :)

It keeps the rain off doesn't it? :) Sometimes utility outweighs aesthetics.

WRONG! Real masters always look cool...no matter what! Don't you watch movies?

I would not support a ban. There are others who have used the forum for similar purposes who remain welcome. The ignore feature is a beautiful thing...

What do you guys think.

Not really.

This forum gives him free feedback - which depending on whether it's good, bad or mixed - will affect his reputation and sales accordingly. In fact, I think real user reviews are the best resource for a noob to have when choosing products.

I like him, and think that maybe his system would have something to offer...but of course it's ridiculous to make claims that his system is the key to salvation from tons of disasters that are coming. And it's also ridiculous to sell it for 72 bucks or whatever it is, and when someone is totally dissatisfied to not refund them the money.

But the see through raincoat isn't so bad. :lol:

I don't think anyone should be banned. At least he's entertaining. If he thinks he's the only one who can attain the level he thinks he has attained then that's his business. At least we are entertained and get hours of conversation out of it.

Wudangspirit

What do you guys think.

What do you guys think.

He's a pleasant chap with much cultivation experience and knowledge. Hell, he's just what we need in this forum - more variety. Getting rid of him would be indicative of intolerance and a lack of compassion.

Do you fear that other individuals cannot think freely for themselves, make their own choices, and learn from their own mistakes? Do you want to lead everyone's lives for them?

Yours, in ignorance,

James

Edited by .broken.

No.

Unless there's a rule that you can't promote your own stuff for sale.

The person who bought the course from him should just initiate a chargeback/refund through paypal. They will almost always side with the buyer, and the seller would be well advised to issue the refund if they want to keep their account opened.

I think he adds value to to the forum, if only as a constant against which people can define themselves. :)

In a world of cock pumpers, qi machines, etc. you have to recognize that MOST of what's taught in public is low level or fake anyway. Caveat Emptor.

No.

In a world of cock pumpers, qi machines, etc. you have to recognize that MOST of what's taught in public is low level or fake anyway. Caveat Emptor.

Reminds me of that famous saying from Lao Tzu :

In the world of cock pumpers, the man wearing a see through plastic mac feels like a king.

( or was it feels like a burger king.. d'oh these world disasters that are coming, I can feel them doing my memory in already, if only I was worthy to be saved, dang, dang, double dang.)

A surprising thread. Lots of variety on TTBs, always has been.

Also, as-if this is a democracy: it's not. Sean is the dictator, and he's very lenient. :lol:

~ later nearly-irrevelant edit ~

5IvPIWzQcUY

Edited by Trunk