Sign in to follow this  
Guan-Wen

Greetings from Guan-Wen!

Well. Here we all are then.

I was browsing and came across this site. I believe in manifest destiny. It is manifest, after all.

I am intensly interested in the Tao. I am study the Tao Te Ching and the I Ching. I try to be mindful of the principles at all times. i am reminded every day of various aspects. One of my favourite quotes if\s from Sifu Bruce:"Be like water".

My father was Han Chinese. From Hai-nan in recent generations, now dispersed far and wide. My name Guan-Wen means :"To excel at literature", [my father hoped I would]. My friends gave me nick-name:"Word-man!"

I was raised Catholic by my anglo-irish mum, but escaped as a teenager. My life was kind of ordinary until my 28 year old brother died of bowel cancer when i was 24. That stopped me in my tracks. I was a mess for a year.

I dropped out of mainstream and joined the conservation movement in northern NSW [Australia]. From serving at counter in "green" shop I gradually became more and more involved. Many meetings, letters, protests, chained to dozers, arrests, public speaking, political and media liason. For eight years this consumed my being.

D uring this time I discovered both Tao and Buddhism. I gradually came to realise the transcendent nature of both philosophies and they became foundations of my daily and life routines. In1998 I decided to take a break from the movement and to formalise my new self i completed Kalachakra initiation guided by H.H. Dalai Lama.

Now I live in Far Nth Queensland at the Daintree. For eight yuears I have been a river guide on the Daintree River. There be Dragons!!

Long live the Tao.

What a wonderful introduction, thankyou for telling us who you are, so vividly.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

I just read a thread here asking 'how do we communicate with Dragons'.. and I just went straight to Amazon and bought a book on that very topic, rec'd by fellow bum and tea fiend, Stigweard. So do tell us any of your dragon stories, or any stories at all.

Welcome to our community.

Did someone mention tea? :lol:

Welcome Guan-Wen, I used to live in Lucinda just across the channel from Hinchinbrook Is. Glad to have you along, how do you like your tea by the way?

Well. Here we all are then.

I was browsing and came across this site.

<snip>

Same here, and welcome.

I am intensly interested in the Tao. I am study the Tao Te Ching and the I Ching.

<snip>

I have added "The Art of War" to my studies of the Tao and "The Book of Five Rings" to my flirtations with Zen.

My father was Han Chinese.

<snip>

As an accidental (or is that occidental?) I am pleased to hear from the "original" perspective however far removed. It provides a cultural reference point which I lack.

D uring this time I discovered both Tao and Buddhism.

<snip>

Welcome to the "Tao of Hap-Hazard Way," for I too have drawn from both philosophies.

Sign in to follow this