rodgerj

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Thank you for sharing rodgerj,

It's been almost 5 months that i'm practicing and I have not been in a seminar yet, so i'm always happy to read about first time in a Kunlun seminar :)

I can no longer do standing practice of any kind from any system I have learnt as Kunlun takes over.

After 5 minutes with I-Jong I start to feel the shaking, I preety much try to keep the posture, but when i'm doing the 5 elements when I shake my hands go out of the posture and my head start to shake(the "NO" shaking).

Thank you for sharing rodgerj,

It's been almost 5 months that i'm practicing and I have not been in a seminar yet, so i'm always happy to read about first time in a Kunlun seminar :)

After 5 minutes with I-Jong I start to feel the shaking, I preety much try to keep the posture, but when i'm doing the 5 elements when I shake my hands go out of the posture and my head start to shake(the "NO" shaking).

Im very curious about this kunlun I've done plenty of reading but so far I cant quite grasp it.. some people say its the same as kundalini some say its comletely different... Do the practices mainly create movement that corresponds to energy or does it also focus on emptiness or silence..?

Im very curious about this kunlun I've done plenty of reading but so far I cant quite grasp it..

Funny thing about Kunlun is that you don't grasp it, it grasps you.

Do the practices mainly create movement that corresponds to energy or does it also focus on emptiness or silence..?

Both, it creates spontanous movments and when you are doing the relaxation you will fill emptiness and bliss.

every practice is different, every week i'm changning...

Keep in mind that this is my experience, there are others here who are more experienced then me who have been in the seminar. I think like everything, this practice is not for everyone, maybe... but if you are curious, check it for yourself.

Take care,

ToL

About not being able to do standing practices, Max said this at the kunlun forum:

your body realizes the kunlun mind, see what that is that triggers you and don't do that thing

Before I got the book or even decided to go and see Max I was already having results with the practice. I have trained with many high level teachers (I can name drop if you like but why? who do you think you are?! must you approve as you are so high yourself!) and some that I thought were, but turned out not to be. I already have some abilities so I do not need to ask or touch hands any more. In the past I have challenged every teacher in person before studying. Sometimes that turned out to be a bad idea :D

So, when I arrived after the free lecture I was disappointed as I wanted to train right there and then. I looked openly at Max and his students. I noticed that the big Japanese guy had a similar vibe or aspect that I have and had a strange urge to give him a hug. I never did of course, lol. That evening when I trained things were different. Rather then lots of movement I experienced stillness. Then shortly after my breathing ceased and my back arched etc. Every now and then my stomach would contract and expel air that seemed to have come from nowhere.

Please do name drop - just outta curiosity? :D

Anyhow, small death experience on the first day? Excellent, brother!!

And confirms my observation that those with the fastest results...are actually often those who already have years of training under their belts from previous systems. Kunlun will pick up wherever you left off.

Edited by vortex

:D

All these good reports about Kunlun... I now see why so many are very skeptical in the beginning. I was skeptical as well, and then I did a couple practice sessions. :blink::lol: I can't wait till Max comes to San Francisco... that is, if they go through with it. _/\_

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by ddilulo_06

And confirms my observation that those with the fastest results...are actually often those who already have years of training under their belts from previous systems. Kunlun will pick up wherever you left off.

Yes, this seems to be the case. I've been wondering if any "total virgins" cultivation-wise ever tried kunlun as their first-ever practice? I've a feeling the answer is no... one of those "when you're ready the teacher appears" situations, he just won't "appear" if one is not prepared, or rather, he won' be "seen" for what he is by any unprepared eyes. Heavy guns, this practice. Really surprised me, didn't expect something like this in mass circulation, I'm pretty used to everything in mass circulation being quite profusely watered down. Not the case here. Serious heavy guns. I've started level 1 and it's pretty intense, but I shudder when I look at level 2 and 3 descriptions. What it's gonna do to me. Yikes.

In any event, I won't start till the time I'm told to -- after 6 months minimum of level 1 -- and I've a hunch nobody should. Gestation takes as long as it takes, this is a fast track as it is, I wouldn't make it any faster, not by a day. FWIW.

Yes, this seems to be the case. I've been wondering if any "total virgins" cultivation-wise ever tried kunlun as their first-ever practice? I've a feeling the answer is no... one of those "when you're ready the teacher appears" situations, he just won't "appear" if one is not prepared, or rather, he won' be "seen" for what he is by any unprepared eyes. Heavy guns, this practice. Really surprised me, didn't expect something like this in mass circulation, I'm pretty used to everything in mass circulation being quite profusely watered down. Not the case here. Serious heavy guns. I've started level 1 and it's pretty intense, but I shudder when I look at level 2 and 3 descriptions. What it's gonna do to me. Yikes.

In any event, I won't start till the time I'm told to -- after 6 months minimum of level 1 -- and I've a hunch nobody should. Gestation takes as long as it takes, this is a fast track as it is, I wouldn't make it any faster, not by a day. FWIW.

I was about as close to a "cultivation virgin" as you would expect. I had a year of meditation, nothing happened. And, about 6 months of AYP, nothing happened except ringing ears ;) . I went to the seminar and nothing happened. I tried the practice out for a few months and it became painfully obvious that nothing was happening. I hadn't developed the sensitivity or a quiet enough mind for the practice. Hence, the switch to KAP and some messing around with brainwave entrainment.

Hope that answers your question.

I wasn't able to do standing practices for about two months after I got my first transmission from Max. After that I slowly started doing I Jong for about 4 months. Then I began doing 5 element standing about 8 months after my first workshop. But even then occasionally Kunlun would kick in while I did 5E.

After a year I can hold standing postures and not activate Kunlun. Well, atleast I can keep still enough to practice standing. In addition to other excercises.

So, not sure if that's helpful, but it took me about a year to really be able to intergrate Kunlun energy with my other practices.

I wasn't able to do standing practices for about two months after I got my first transmission from Max. After that I slowly started doing I Jong for about 4 months. Then I began doing 5 element standing about 8 months after my first workshop. But even then occasionally Kunlun would kick in while I did 5E.

After a year I can hold standing postures and not activate Kunlun. Well, atleast I can keep still enough to practice standing. In addition to other excercises.

So, not sure if that's helpful, but it took me about a year to really be able to intergrate Kunlun energy with my other practices.

Thank you Cameron, that's interesting.

Have you started to practice Level 2 after 6 months, or after more?

Thanks,

ToL

Edited by ToL

My experience was off the scale and enough to I believe scare most people away. I am not sharing it all.

Hi rodgerj, I now how you feel, you can go to the kunlunforum, read my blog. we'll compare weird stuff

Thank you Cameron, that's interesting.

Have you started to practice Level 2 after 6 months, or after more?

Thanks,

ToL

I play with Level two but haven't started to really practice it yet. I was thinking of starting it lately. Though Max said you don't really need level two and for most people level one is enough. I tend to think level one for awhile longer(or indefinetly)is what I will do.

What do you think would happen, TM?

What I think could happen if one gets to level 2 without sufficient time spent at level 1 is the same thing that happens to your muscles when you give them a stretching challenge of, say, top level hatha yoga without your tendons having been gradually stretched into pliability and softness with beginner- and intermediate-level yoga -- only with kunlun, it could happen to one's mind, not one's muscles.

If you mean what I think could happen at levels 2 and 3 proceeded to gradually, with sufficient preparation, that still seems scary to me --

from what I've seen and from how I understand the techniques, they can un-silence some of the silent DNA and this would bring "unconscious" potentials of function into action, make parts of you active that are usually dormant and held down by suppression mechanisms. (More than 70% of the human brain is busy at all times keeping almost all of the remaining 30% suppressed, it's basic brain physiology in our species as we know it today, shockingly enough.)

I know of two ways to go from here:

the conscious continuity-of-memory route, which is the one I've utilized till now for most of my purposes; i.e. whatever happens that is a new unblocking event

is systemic (not just the mind without the body knowing what it's up to, and not just the body without the mind understanding what it's experiencing);

is sequential, not randomly unblocked; i.e. before I get to, say, genetic memory, I have to have continuity of this-here life's memory stretching to its beginning, and in this-here life, events that happened to the 3-year-old come into systemic consciousness and get processed adequately, become part of the continuous uninterrupted conscious memory, before events that happened to the 3-month-old;

and the unconscious route, which I mostly avoided by avoiding most practices leading there (out-of-body trips, deliberate lucid dreaming, forced breathing, "guiding" or "projecting" energy or placing myself on the receiving end of such guiding or projecting, and so on). With unconscious unblocking, parts that become activated are chronologically random, non-systemic (i.e. happening in the mind as "intellectual understanding" without the body participating, or happening to the emotions without the mind or the body remembering the original event generating the now-perceived, unblocked, but still unconscious, unintegrated emotion, ets.), and do not form a continuity of memory and consciousness -- they can be chronologically, mentally, emotionally, or physically "anywhere" on the spectrum of your personal developmental history, anywhere in this life or in your genetic history or in your past or perhaps future lives, and do not amount to a continuous "systemic you" that you can systemically recognize and integrate.

I am of the opinion that all "qigong psychoses" are the outcome of such random activation, and most non-qigong ones, ditto. I see realistic potential for such random activation in kunlun of all levels (as well as in scores of other practices, the more potent the practice, the greater the potential for this happening), but I'm taking my chances with it because the time seems right for me to take them; however, the precaution of at least adhering to the sequential continuity of the levels as prescribed by the teacher seems well justified to me. Whether it's enough for the process to unfold in a natural integration-friendly rather than haphazard, random fashion, I don't know yet, but I have some experience recognizing things in me that might get activated and come into play "before their time" and the know-how as to what to do about them, and I'm falling back on this prior experience. Perhaps others gain this know-how via kunlun practice itself as they go, which is a good reason too to give it enough time for your integration capacity to "ripen." Getting flooded with more than one can integrate at any given time is not a good idea, IMO, with this practice or any other. So I'm in favor of slowing down rather than speeding up the unblocking mechanics, but of course one's baseline capacity for integration will always be the biggest factor. Individuals might be ready faster or not so fast; the six months is an "average," a guideline -- a sound one, AFAIK.

Edited by Taomeow