Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

man of principle

I'm about to write out what my essential life purpose is, and a few of my beliefs. I'm going to do this to get a sense of grounding. Any of you suggest any good readings to gain insight into being a man of principle?

I suggest "the Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida

The Choice Of Hercules: Pleasure, Duty And The Good Life In The 21st Century by A C Grayling. He's an excellent philosopher who writes beautifully - highly recommend it.

Yours with much respect,

James

Here is a suggestion from the far left field. Look through some of the E-Myth books (any of them). They're business philosophy books, the E is Entrepreneur. The value in them to you is the parts on creating strong clear mission statements. Looking at the big picture and finding where you belong. I've been re-reading them and re-translating them into creating myself instead of creating a business. I found it uniquely helpful.

In other words, you figure out the man part, the book explains the process of creating a strong lasting reality based description of what you want to focus on.

If you're in a library or book store page through and let me know if my suggestion makes any sense.

Michael

Here is a suggestion from the far left field. Look through some of the E-Myth books (any of them). They're business philosophy books, the E is Entrepreneur. The value in them to you is the parts on creating strong clear mission statements. Looking at the big picture and finding where you belong. I've been re-reading them and re-translating them into creating myself instead of creating a business. I found it uniquely helpful.

In other words, you figure out the man part, the book explains the process of creating a strong lasting reality based description of what you want to focus on.

If you're in a library or book store page through and let me know if my suggestion makes any sense.

Michael

Second that motion ;)

Sign in to follow this