Sign in to follow this  
salaam123

womens rooting advice

How can I advice a woman, who is having mental problems(she is uprooted and in her head, not quite "on the ground" anymore) how to root? thank you.

Edited by salaam123

Or would advising a simple ?horse stance/three circle chi kung help?

yes.

I think Pilates would be excellent. It realy gets you into the Dan Tien but it does it in a very physical way. Often I think it is best for people with mental problems to aproach such things in a vewry physical way because going too much into the energetic can be destabilizing. Pilates also structures the whole body which over some time has a profound pshuchological effect and balances you emotionaly and energeticly.

Beyond that it seems like horse stance and visualising roots would be excellent.

My perception is that many people with various emotional problems and people who are stuck in thier head and unrooted also have a very constricted flow of energy in general. Some sort of qigong that is very basic but still gives a good flow of energy is probably very helpfull.

As a person who has been far to much in my head and very ungrounded I have some personal experience with this and what I at least experienced was that solely doing grounding excercises made me unbalanced in a differnent way. All my energy left my head and got stuck in my feet and organs and I couldn`t get it up. It totaly blocked my ability to think concentrated for days. What I needed was stuff that was balancing to the whole body before I started doing stuff that was particulary focused on getting energy down. Iyengar yoga has been good for this. As has very simple taiji and qigong. Particulary qigong that is very balanced between developing rooting and upward lifting energy in a perfect balance. Flow of energy in general was also beneficial.

That being said I did learn one excercise that was particualry helpfull. Lift right hand up simultaniously as you lift the heel of the right foot up. Then slowly push the hand and foot down simultaniously as you imagine both pushing the energy into the ground and feet. As you are almost finished pushing down you start moving the left hand and foot upwards and then do a round on that side.

Besides working particulary on grounding I think there are other stuff she can work on that would be very beneficial. Several studies has showed that mindfulness meditation is extreemly helpfull for most mental ilnesses. Any type of simple work with release of the breath should be beneficical. As would a simple and balanced program of qigong or yoga. I would imagine healing sounds would be excellent as it so specificly targets and balances emotions. Same thing with five animals. Inner smile should be excellent as well because it reduces anxiousness reduces depressive thoughts and emotions and gives self acceptance. Same thing with loving kindenss however I perosnaly prefer inner smile over loving kindness because I have problems maintaning balance with the strong feelings of love it generates. However, I know it has been taught to people with emotional problems in mindfulness classes with success.

I would also imagine accupuncture being very helpfull against emotional problems especially when one of the problems is having too much energy in the head/being energeticaly unbalanced.

Cool info markern. Any sort of standing practice is a good place to start. If they are too "active" to be still, Tai Chi.

? Would this advice be any different if it was for a man?

(not really the thread I though it would be from the title hahahahaaha :P )

Sign in to follow this