Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Direction, elements

I have seen references to the elements as being fundamental to spiritual understanding. Is this literal?

Also, there are references to directions (N,S,E,W) within different spiritual texts.

Could we discuss these archetypes

Thank you all,

Peace,

Rainbow

Seeing as your name is rainbow it seems fitting you should read the "Compass Center Directions" txt found at Dun Huang.

Great topic! Some people say that the element/direction correlation isn't as important as making a heartfelt connection with each element.

The Vaastu system I learned is NE water, SE fire, SW earth, NW air. Face northish while working and have the head towards the southish while sleeping. I forget how the other systems order things.

I've heard it said that the 4 pillars of spiritual growth are: internal cultivation, love for others, sense of service, and harmony with the 4 elements where you are only as strong as your weakest department.

I've heard it said in a Hindu context that even the greatest avatar is just a peanut if he/she is out of whack with the elements. As guests within their kingdom, even God has to play by their rules. :lol:

I have seen references to the elements as being fundamental to spiritual understanding. Is this literal?

Also, there are references to directions (N,S,E,W) within different spiritual texts.

Could we discuss these archetypes

Thank you all,

Peace,

Rainbow

Yes it can be literal.

For you Northerners:

East: Wood, Green Dragon

South: Fire, Red Bird

West: Metal, White Tiger

North: Water, Black Turtle

Centre: Earth, Yellow Bird

I think it is literal. It is also such a vast topic that touches on everything: religion, cosmology, magic, alchemy, medicine, martial arts, yoga and psycholgy that it is difficult to know where to begin. Anything in particular in mind?

Sign in to follow this