Speaking of enlightened guitar playing

IAjNJVZ1npI

Sorry if that's cliche, but I still think many of those videos are amazing and that is my personal favorite (Kaizokuou ftw!).

Here is a fun Larry Carlton (jazz fusion guitarist) cover. I find it very relaxing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTS8187NQ6w

Edited by Creation

Watermelon In Easter Hay

I mean, if you like enlightented guitar solos.

or, if you just want the best possible musical companion for your Qigong:

Buedi Siebert, Wave Hands Like Clouds

Ok, "best" was ironically meant, but the CD remains my favorite after about six or seven years of listening to it. I have a LOT of meditation CDs (as do all of you), and have yet to come accross another one like this. Very unobtrusive and supportive, it draws no attention to itself, it just gives you nice floor to stand on.

Doesn't work for Yoga, though, according to Yoga-teacher friend of mine - too Chinese, she says.

Hello,and thanks for bringin Frank Zappa in!

The best music I like when doing my Qigong is the same kind of music I always like.

After long time practicing in the countryside without sound in stillness I come to the conclusion that silence is the most enlightened music-as anything is contained within it.

I`m also a musician ,and many masters have compared the internal arts training with learning any musical skill,like pianoplaying or something.

But I guess learning one skill must not necessarily help learning anotherone...

otherwise I would be further

Concerning crispness,clarity of expression and power one of my favorites are still the guys from Canada, by the name nomeansno

Stop trolling this thread with your garbage. If you are too insensitive to understand classical music is not my fault.

More classical to enjoy:

Massenet, Meditation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKRBeG-sGQ&feature=fvw

Grieg, Morning.

Puccini, Gianni Schicchi, aria 'O mio babbino caro' (singer Angela Gheorghiu)

Faure, Pavane. Pure Nirvana.

Stop trolling this thread with your garbage. If you are too insensitive to understand classical music is not my fault.

What garbage? Who is insensitive?

ralis

Edited by ralis

Ralis,

Your guitar guy was more manly than my guitar guy.

I didn't like the squeaky vocals. There's a cool book out there http://www.yourbrainonmusic.com/

and I'm sure Drew would have something to say about it.

Which guitar player are you referring to? The video I posted was more about Joe Bonamassa's guitar style than his vocals. Lot's of different influences from Hendrix to Robin Trower et al in that piece. My guitar teacher told me that piece was all improvised. That is impressive! My goal is to play as well as him. :D Maybe next lifetime! :lol:

ralis

Hello,and thanks for bringin Frank Zappa in!

The best music I like when doing my Qigong is the same kind of music I always like.

After long time practicing in the countryside without sound in stillness I come to the conclusion that silence is the most enlightened music-as anything is contained within it.

haha, yes, FZ has his little way with the guitar. I always feel like he spent so much of his efforts supressing his wispier emotions, his love, but it all came out when he plugged in his guitar and just let it sing, and even cry. A great example, out of thousands:

Black Nakkins

And I think you're right that silence is the most enlightened music.

youtube embedment experiment:

_c-NMnYhM3Q

edit: "FZ has his little way with the guitar", wishful thinking. It should have read "had" :(

Edited by soaring crane

Mahavishnu Orchestra is unreal! John McLaughlin is considered the greatest guitar player ever! Very few ever figured out what he was doing. Jazz scales plus Indian rhythms.

ralis

Bach, Air - I love this, and think it fits in better with the original intent of the thread (sorry for going along with the hijack earlier):

qOVwokQnV4M

There is an awesome progressive psychedelic trance online radio at

http://www.psychedelik.com

The regular psytrance channel can be alright too... a bit energetic though :lol:

It is best streamed with winamp and you can rip the stream to your harddrive

with streamripper

Edited by zazaza

Damn FF, it crashed and lost a long reply. Don't feel like to start all over again so I will leave only just a few tracks:

1. Adaptation of Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet love theme by Nino Rota and Andre Rieu at the violin:

2. Mozart, Symphony no 41 in C major (Jupiter):

3. Purcell, Rondeau

Tagore. For me, nothing from western music comes even close.

Sangsar Jabe Mon Kere Loy

Saghana Gahana Ratri

Benedictine monks chanting:

Nice. :)

Australian Aboriginal didgeridoo:

Aboriginal Australians are very spiritual and deserve all the respect. Sadly very poorly treated by the invading British settlers that came here 300 years ago, which still continues today.

And some more classical:

1. Mozart

Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major, K. 467 (Elvira Madigan):

Violin Concerto No. 5 in A, 2nd Movement

2. Vivaldi, Sposa son disprezzata (Bajazet) with Cecilia Bartoli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3WNaMJMA8

3. J. Strauss II:

- The Bat Overture

- Tales from the Vienna Woods

Edited by durkhrod chogori

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Tao99