Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Expressing your inner yang.

Like many other men and probably fewer women, I have a naturally very yang and masculine core. Others and I have a difficult time letting our energy flow, merging with experience, and having congruent action. Social anxiety holds back my truth. This very bland and heavy energy inhabits my frontal torso, it keeps me from feeling the love and beauty in life that I have felt many times before. Any words that could lead me to something or that could help me express my inner yang, my truth, my masculinity, my self? I intuit that I must wait longer because zhan zhuang, yiquan, and taiji will support my intention to just simply be in the moment.

Pranaman,

It's nice that you can notice where your deficiencies are. You point out bland and heavy energy in the front channel: very good!

"Expressing your inner yang" is a great title for this thread. Why? Let me explain....

Others and I have a difficult time letting our energy flow, merging with experience, and having congruent action. Social anxiety holds back my truth.

Letting energy flow, merging with experience, etc...these are very feminine things. The reason why "expressing your inner yang" is a good title is that you can't become feminine by blocking the masculine. A person MUST express the yang to balance the yin.

So in order to flow and merge more, it's essential to allow yourself to be yourself. To truly embrace the yang nature.

On the psychological side of things, it can help to write lists of what you want, what you think you should improve or change, goals, etc. Just basically keeping a diary can help sort things out. Often times, unexpressed masculinity is due to confusion. Sort out your desires, be totally honest, and see the areas where you're lacking. For instance you brought up social anxiety. That would be a great example of something you'd probably want to put on your list to change about yourself.

Taking notes on yourself is a great way to confront these issues, and stare at them in the face.

Then it comes down to changing them. It'll be easier when everything is totally straightened out, and you have actually look at a list of priorities. If dealing with social anxiety is on the top of the list, then naturally that's where more of your energy will go.

Now, dealing with the physiological side...focus on stretching your front channel. For an unstructured approach, you can do backbends, and bridges. Do light abdominal breathing for 10 mins a day, or something. Bending to the side with your arm over your head can help too.

More importantly, you've noticed an issue with the area, and I'm sure if you follow your intuition you'll be guided to do what's best regarding it.

(Personally, I have found that kunlun really works on the front channel, especially in the beginning stages. But that's not for everyone.)

inhabits my frontal torso

Do the firedrills. Use the towel on the floor. Work it out/through. Climb into the corner. Listen.

Feel for spontaneous movements that do it for you. Could be ANYTHING.

MxsqPd1FU_0

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this